No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite part was everyone acting like Mike Shula didn't call plays for an MVP QB in a 15-1 season
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• The only reason we had hope as long as we did is because even when down by two scores we kept running the ball. We were in the game because of this up until the Simmons int all the way to the Gordon fumble.

Shurmur would have given up on the run the moment we went down by 2 scores. We would have been out of it in the 1st half with Shurmur.

Teddy was hot garbage today. Continuing to pass with him as Qb is about as bad coaching as I have seen in Denver.
      Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        The only reason we had hope as long as we did is because even when down by two scores we kept running the ball. We were in the game because of this up until the Simmons int all the way to the Gordon fumble.

Shurmur would have given up on the run the moment we went down by 2 scores. We would have been out of it in the 1st half with Shurmur.

Teddy was hot garbage today. Continuing to pass with him as Qb is about as bad coaching as I have seen in Denver.
        I agree on everything until inferring we should start Lock. Teddy, sadly, is the best QB on the roster. We know exactly what Lock is.

Id prefer Shula kept play calling duties.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I agree on everything until inferring we should start Lock. Teddy, sadly, is the best QB on the roster. We know exactly what Lock is.

Lock may be worse. We know he doesn't fit the mold that Shurmur was trying to fit him in, but we also know he can win if given a competent play caller. I'd like to see what Lock could do with Shula calling the plays. I want Shurmur no where around Lock.

I want Shurmur no where around Denver, but that may be asking for a miracle at this point.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Lock may be worse. We know he doesn't fit the mold that Shurmur was trying to fit him in, but we also know he can win if given a competent play caller. I'd like to see what Lock could do with Shula calling the plays. I want Shurmur no where around Lock.

I want Shurmur no where around Denver, but that may be asking for a miracle at this point.
            I second this notion !!

Comment

• Shurmur is lucky I can’t complain about him today…
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

If Teddy is on this team in 2022 I will not watch them. He is a terrible football player. Carolina is paying him more than the Broncos in 2021 to play with a different team so they can start another struggling QB. Teams who are QB thirsty think Teddy is a viable QB but as soon as they seem him day to day they realize he is garbage.

We may as well start someone who will give us an idea of where we going next year. I get that probably not going to happen until Vic is fired. It is only a matter of time before Vic is fired. We probably letting him play out the scenario Playoff Mandate more to let the next HC know he will get a fair shake than to do anything for Vic.

Lock will be starting sooner or later. Just how long we going to wait is the question imo.
                Lets Ride!

Comment

• He actually called the running game today. And we won! Just need to do more of that.

He still has no idea how to use Lock though…
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                    He actually called the running game today. And we won! Just need to do more of that.

He still has no idea how to use Lock though…
                    In his defense who really does know how or want to use Lock when he does dumb stuff like that pick at every end of the half?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

In his defense who really does know how or want to use Lock when he does dumb stuff like that pick at every end of the half?
                      Scangarello seemed fine at limiting Lock’s mistakes. I don’t know what Shurmur’s problem is other than he has one idea for how a QB should operate and calls plays accordingly. Last year showed very much that Shurmur is gonna call plays that put Lock at a disadvantage.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I think Lock is looking for those pass plays that Bridgewater likes to default to and that isn't his game. On that play he give up quickly on the pocket - maybe for good reason? - and then looked to complete a short pass (I thought he was throwing it away but the replay didn't show that) that he should've just threw way away. I think Lock is pretty much ruined under Shurmer because he is now struggling between being a "gunslinger" or being conservative like Bridgewater, unfortunately it doesn't look like Lock will be successful in Denver with this OC and maybe not at all.
                        I think Lock has to play like Lock plays not like Teddy plays.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Shurmur had a great 3rd down and goal call for a run play today. Shurmur was not the problem today.

Our horrible Qbs were the problem.

Not sure why Lock is unwilling to throw the ball away and live for the next down but until he figures that out he does not deserve to play in the NFL.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

Shurmur had a great 3rd down and goal call for a run play today. Shurmur was not the problem today.

Our horrible Qbs were the problem.

Not sure why Lock is unwilling to throw the ball away and live for the next down but until he figures that out he does not deserve to play in the NFL.
                            Teddy was the only QB on the field in Denver today who threw no picks. He was personally responsible for as many TDS as was Herbert, who threw two.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If Teddy is on this team in 2022 I will not watch them. He is a terrible football player. Carolina is paying him more than the Broncos in 2021 to play with a different team so they can start another struggling QB. Teams who are QB thirsty think Teddy is a viable QB but as soon as they seem him day to day they realize he is garbage.

We may as well start someone who will give us an idea of where we going next year. I get that probably not going to happen until Vic is fired. It is only a matter of time before Vic is fired. We probably letting him play out the scenario Playoff Mandate more to let the next HC know he will get a fair shake than to do anything for Vic.

Lock will be starting sooner or later. Just how long we going to wait is the question imo.
                              I personally hope to never see Lock start another game with the Broncos. I'm over the Lock hype, I was coming into the year and the few times he got a chance to play he reminded me why I felt that way. Lock just isn't good. He still has the same issues that plagued him last year. Yeah he got a strong arm but it means nothing if he can't get it to our receivers or he's constantly coughing the ball up.

The Lock faithful need to accept that he's not what you all think he is or want him to be. It'd be a shame if you don't watch next year but to each their own I guess. It was hard to watch the team last year for me but I stayed and gutted it out.
                              :go:

Comment

• If they all know Lock is no good, then why is he the # 2 ? Rypien should be promoted as he may do less damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X