Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I think Mike Klis put it best when he said that Shurmur's coaching was the most stubborn coaching he's seen in 35 years of covering the NFL. In the two seasons Shurmur has been here, he does the exact same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Even worse for me is, what players have improved under Shurmur? Has the offense improved from the start of the season to the end? Has it improved from Shurmur's first game to the last game? When was the last time we saw a WR or TE getting wide open or a RB only needing one cut to get 40 yards? These things should happen once in a while, especially with today's rules.
    To build on this

    When PM got here I saw huge growth from a lot of players. WRs, TEs and OL.

    There has been growth in the OL since Shurmur been here but I think we all know it is more Munchak than Shurmur.

    Watching Shurmur's pressers I do not think I have seen a more stubborn coach and we have had some thick ones here like McD and some others in the past.
    Lets Ride!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

      To build on this

      When PM got here I saw huge growth from a lot of players. WRs, TEs and OL.

      There has been growth in the OL since Shurmur been here but I think we all know it is more Munchak than Shurmur.

      Watching Shurmur's pressers I do not think I have seen a more stubborn coach and we have had some thick ones here like McD and some others in the past.
      That’s the major problem with Shurmur. He refuses to design his offense around the talent he has, but rather seeks to fit round pegs into square holes. None of our skill players are developing because none of them are being used in a way that maximizes their talent.

      Somebody put that tweet out after the Raiders game of a play that we ran three times and twice it was run with guys that weren’t suited for the role they needed to be in on that play. Shurmur just expects to plug any player into his designs and thinks it will be successful no matter what. Like he’s playing Madden on rookie level.

      He needs to be gone and replaced with an OC that fully understands what each and every player is capable of. Get Fant in the position to be a matchup nightmare he’s supposed to be. Get Sutton back to Pro Bowl form. Get Jeudy looking like a 1st round pick. Someone that won’t stubbornly stick to his plays only, even when it’s evident his plays don’t work.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

      Comment


      • Pat Shurmur is to offense what Mike Nolan is to defense.
        #swapping

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

          That’s the major problem with Shurmur. He refuses to design his offense around the talent he has, but rather seeks to fit round pegs into square holes. None of our skill players are developing because none of them are being used in a way that maximizes their talent.

          Somebody put that tweet out after the Raiders game of a play that we ran three times and twice it was run with guys that weren’t suited for the role they needed to be in on that play. Shurmur just expects to plug any player into his designs and thinks it will be successful no matter what. Like he’s playing Madden on rookie level.

          He needs to be gone and replaced with an OC that fully understands what each and every player is capable of. Get Fant in the position to be a matchup nightmare he’s supposed to be. Get Sutton back to Pro Bowl form. Get Jeudy looking like a 1st round pick. Someone that won’t stubbornly stick to his plays only, even when it’s evident his plays don’t work.
          It was the absolute opposite that was said about him in his career prior to Denver, and I think it is fair to say that it might not be true. Teddy is having one of his best years and Drew has failed the last two. What we saw with especially Elway, Plummer and Tebow (rarely with Manning because it was not often needed) was that when needed in close games they had a tendency to gome up big. Drew did great at the end of 1st half getting us in field goal position, it is just so rare that he produces drives that end in TDs. People seem to mostly blame Shurmur for Drew's failings but it is Drew that continues to have drive killing mistakes. Ex. the last two weeks he has run for a first down and failed to get to the first down marker where he could have made it with more awareness.
          In the past any QB we have had that has some level of success has had the ability to carry the team for a scoring drive. A player like Orton was an example of a lot of good football that almost always came up short, and our current crop of QBs comes up short or we are blown out. Elway (and especially Tebow) would have been a very bad QB if he did not have the ability generate wins with will and ability late in the 4thQ. Tom Brady is another player that is deadly on the last drive. Great QBs have the ability to go off script in key moments and get things to work - our QB crop do not irrespective of wether we Shurmur or not!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

            It was the absolute opposite that was said about him in his career prior to Denver, and I think it is fair to say that it might not be true. Teddy is having one of his best years and Drew has failed the last two. What we saw with especially Elway, Plummer and Tebow (rarely with Manning because it was not often needed) was that when needed in close games they had a tendency to gome up big. Drew did great at the end of 1st half getting us in field goal position, it is just so rare that he produces drives that end in TDs. People seem to mostly blame Shurmur for Drew's failings but it is Drew that continues to have drive killing mistakes. Ex. the last two weeks he has run for a first down and failed to get to the first down marker where he could have made it with more awareness.
            In the past any QB we have had that has some level of success has had the ability to carry the team for a scoring drive. A player like Orton was an example of a lot of good football that almost always came up short, and our current crop of QBs comes up short or we are blown out. Elway (and especially Tebow) would have been a very bad QB if he did not have the ability generate wins with will and ability late in the 4thQ. Tom Brady is another player that is deadly on the last drive. Great QBs have the ability to go off script in key moments and get things to work - our QB crop do not irrespective of wether we Shurmur or not!
            Bullish..! Pat Schurmur has always sucked. His employment has solely relied on nepotism which is how he got the job in Denver. You’re just doubling down on your hatred of Lock. Schurmur gets the blame cause he has earned it. You’re fluffing up Schurmur cause if you acknowledge he sucks then you have to acknowledge that he’s the problem not Lock.

            Comment


            • Reminder: Shurmur is one of the worst if not the worst offensive coordinator over the last 10 years:

              Top 10 in points - once
              Bottom 10 in points - 7 times
              Top 10 in total yards - zero
              Bottom 10 in total yards - 7 times
              Top 10 in pass TDs - once
              Bottom 10 in pass TDs - 5 times

              There is no credible argument that Shurmur is not a significant factor in the Broncos lack of scoring. One only needs to look at his track record.

              Comment


              • I honestly thought Shurmur was a good OC from his Philly/Vikings runs. As in we got saddled with Keenum because Shurmur was brilliant in making him look decent. Its Ironic as hell now looking back at that arc for me. Shurmur is just terrible. How does he even look competent calling plays in practice against our 2nd team D? they should be gobbling up every rep. They do in real games.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                  I honestly thought Shurmur was a good OC from his Philly/Vikings runs. As in we got saddled with Keenum because Shurmur was brilliant in making him look decent. Its Ironic as hell now looking back at that arc for me. Shurmur is just terrible. How does he even look competent calling plays in practice against our 2nd team D? they should be gobbling up every rep. They do in real games.
                  As far as practice is concerned, I personally think they just run base D vs base O and call it just like we see it in the games. Both Vic and Shurmur run the same thing in most every game. They don’t seem to gameplan to their opponents and they certainly don’t make many adjustments during the game.

                  I’m guessing they take their same Ho-hum status quo approach to practice as they do every other thing. Terrible coaching from top to bottom.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

                    As far as practice is concerned, I personally think they just run base D vs base O and call it just like we see it in the games. Both Vic and Shurmur run the same thing in most every game. They don’t seem to gameplan to their opponents and they certainly don’t make many adjustments during the game.

                    I’m guessing they take their same Ho-hum status quo approach to practice as they do every other thing. Terrible coaching from top to bottom.
                    Lol!!! I can see that, and its always the players fault according to Vic and Pat.
                    How many times do we hear Vic say " we need to block better, and catch better and tackle better and blah blah blah"
                    I dont think he gets maybe his scheme is wrong at times! Obviously the offense isnt working but couldnt be Pat had to be Lock right? Offense has scored less than last year
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      Reminder: Shurmur is one of the worst if not the worst offensive coordinator over the last 10 years:

                      Top 10 in points - once
                      Bottom 10 in points - 7 times
                      Top 10 in total yards - zero
                      Bottom 10 in total yards - 7 times
                      Top 10 in pass TDs - once
                      Bottom 10 in pass TDs - 5 times

                      There is no credible argument that Shurmur is not a significant factor in the Broncos lack of scoring. One only needs to look at his track record.
                      Sorry but his teams have been top 10 in points scored 3 times (2013, -14, -17)
                      He has done this with Case Keenum, Nick Foles/Sanchez one year and Nick Foles/Vick the other. It seems like quite an amazing achievement to be a top 10 scoring offense with those QBs.
                      I have read the sob story of how great Lock would have been if the mean coaches adn the mean opponents had been fair to him, but the story is pretty grotesque.
                      What is pretty clear both from watching and from looking at results is that Drew Lock cannot hold a candle to Keenum, Foles, Sanchez, Vick in the respective years. Lock looks like a coach killer!




                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                        It was the absolute opposite that was said about him in his career prior to Denver, and I think it is fair to say that it might not be true. Teddy is having one of his best years and Drew has failed the last two. What we saw with especially Elway, Plummer and Tebow (rarely with Manning because it was not often needed) was that when needed in close games they had a tendency to gome up big. Drew did great at the end of 1st half getting us in field goal position, it is just so rare that he produces drives that end in TDs. People seem to mostly blame Shurmur for Drew's failings but it is Drew that continues to have drive killing mistakes. Ex. the last two weeks he has run for a first down and failed to get to the first down marker where he could have made it with more awareness.
                        In the past any QB we have had that has some level of success has had the ability to carry the team for a scoring drive. A player like Orton was an example of a lot of good football that almost always came up short, and our current crop of QBs comes up short or we are blown out. Elway (and especially Tebow) would have been a very bad QB if he did not have the ability generate wins with will and ability late in the 4thQ. Tom Brady is another player that is deadly on the last drive. Great QBs have the ability to go off script in key moments and get things to work - our QB crop do not irrespective of wether we Shurmur or not!
                        Drew Lock has started 2 games. The scoring problems go back farther than that. Tell me, what offensive coordinator could design an offense in today’s game wherein your top 2 WRs have a combined 2 total TDs through a whole season? The QBs aren’t the problem, the play caller is.

                        There is no good reason Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy should have that few touchdowns this far into the season unless we have an offense that has zero idea how to use them correctly. Shurmur’s offense stinks and it matters not even a little who is under center.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                          Sorry but his teams have been top 10 in points scored 3 times (2013, -14, -17)
                          He has done this with Case Keenum, Nick Foles/Sanchez one year and Nick Foles/Vick the other. It seems like quite an amazing achievement to be a top 10 scoring offense with those QBs.
                          I have read the sob story of how great Lock would have been if the mean coaches adn the mean opponents had been fair to him, but the story is pretty grotesque.
                          What is pretty clear both from watching and from looking at results is that Drew Lock cannot hold a candle to Keenum, Foles, Sanchez, Vick in the respective years. Lock looks like a coach killer!



                          Shurmurs best qb work was when he coached mcnabb and even thats open for debate as andy reid was the head coach.

                          in fact an argument can be made qbs have either not improved or regressed in every single place shurmur has been. Yes there has been a season or 2 where a qb had a decent year under him but its always been debated about whether shurmur was responsible for that or not.

                          as mega pointed out there isnt much difference in the outcome between teddy and what drew did last year offensively. The one consistant thing between the 2 has been the offensive play calling.
                          Glen Haven Fire

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                            It was the absolute opposite that was said about him in his career prior to Denver, and I think it is fair to say that it might not be true. Teddy is having one of his best years and Drew has failed the last two. What we saw with especially Elway, Plummer and Tebow (rarely with Manning because it was not often needed) was that when needed in close games they had a tendency to gome up big. Drew did great at the end of 1st half getting us in field goal position, it is just so rare that he produces drives that end in TDs. People seem to mostly blame Shurmur for Drew's failings but it is Drew that continues to have drive killing mistakes. Ex. the last two weeks he has run for a first down and failed to get to the first down marker where he could have made it with more awareness.
                            In the past any QB we have had that has some level of success has had the ability to carry the team for a scoring drive. A player like Orton was an example of a lot of good football that almost always came up short, and our current crop of QBs comes up short or we are blown out. Elway (and especially Tebow) would have been a very bad QB if he did not have the ability generate wins with will and ability late in the 4thQ. Tom Brady is another player that is deadly on the last drive. Great QBs have the ability to go off script in key moments and get things to work - our QB crop do not irrespective of wether we Shurmur or not!
                            Wait. Drew's drives rarely end in TDs would suggest you're implying that Teddy's commonly do? All quarterbacks have failed and failed hard under Shurmur and Fangio.

                            Teddy can both have his best stats of his career and still be a bad quarterback at the same time. How many of Teddy's TD passes occurred against a prevent defense, I wonder?

                            Comment


                            • Shurmur does a lot wrong like doing 5 step drops when routes and progressions call for a 7 step. Drew and Teddy missed a lot of open receivers because of it.
                              Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                Reminder: Shurmur is one of the worst if not the worst offensive coordinator over the last 10 years:

                                Top 10 in points - once
                                Bottom 10 in points - 7 times
                                Top 10 in total yards - zero
                                Bottom 10 in total yards - 7 times
                                Top 10 in pass TDs - once
                                Bottom 10 in pass TDs - 5 times

                                There is no credible argument that Shurmur is not a significant factor in the Broncos lack of scoring. One only needs to look at his track record.
                                This Baffles Me as to why was Pat even hired with a Track Record like this? Really who in their right mind would hire some other Teams Trash? Oh That is Right The Denver Broncos will. Trash QB's like Case, Joe, Ted and a Trash OC in Pat. Unreal.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X