Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

    He will lose tonight and here us what thus board is gonna say:

    -Vic- is setting lock up to fail
    -Shurmur- play calling was terrible
    -The oline didn't give him time
    -We couldn't establish the run game
    -wrs couldn't get open
    -Drew had nothing to lose go he was a gun slanger today
    -no play action was called
    - he played the type of offense they wanted
    - the defense couldn't stop kc
    -Lock had .01 seconds to throw the ball
    -why didn't we go for it on 4th down
    -he played hurt
    -we had people missing

    Can't wait to see it.
    Some people said Lock would have multiple turnovers before the Raiders game and it’s weird we haven’t heard about those predictions 🤔

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

      When looking at a quarterback early in his career, changing coordinators from the first to second year, how he played under Scangarello vs Shurmur is absolutely relevant.

      Lock was 4-1 his rookie season and 4-9 last year. Having an 8-10 record isn’t bad considering changing offensive coordinators, no pre-season after changing coordinators, #1 receiver missing 15 games, 25th rate O-line, rookie Center rated worst in the league (Cushenberry), Right Tackle rated near worst (Wilkinson) and Jeudy’s rough rookie season.

      Lock put some good film out there with his play the last two starts. I was looking for improvement over 2020 with his footwork, decision making and overall play. In both games he showed tangible progress and didn’t turn the ball over. If he continues improving the odds are higher he will have a career in the league. Only time will tell.
      Those stats help bc it wasn't a full reason...when he had a full season what was his stats? Don't cherry pick the first season. You leave out that he is 0-2 this year, career 59% completion. With 25 tds and 20 ints along with 13 fumbles.
      that's a total of 33 TO to 28 total tds...with zero full season played....just bc he played two games with no T.O. doesn't mean he is fixed. We still loss both games.
      with a passing avg of 199 passing and .5 td game. Will not cut it.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

        Some people said Lock would have multiple turnovers before the Raiders game and it’s weird we haven’t heard about those predictions 🤔
        I was one of those people I stand up and admit it. Kudos for an NFL qb to go two games without having a TO...thats a great accomplishment. There ya go Drew. That's franchise qb work at its best....oh my bad we loss both games and and avg 13 pts in both.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

          Those stats help bc it wasn't a full reason...when he had a full season what was his stats? Don't cherry pick the first season. You leave out that he is 0-2 this year, career 59% completion. With 25 tds and 20 ints along with 13 fumbles.
          that's a total of 33 TO to 28 total tds...with zero full season played....just bc he played two games with no T.O. doesn't mean he is fixed. We still loss both games.
          with a passing avg of 199 passing and .5 td game. Will not cut it.
          Since the new rule is evaluating the first full season to judge a QB, Kyler Murray’s record was 5-10-1 with 12 INTs, just 3 fewer than Lock under Shurmur.

          Now don’t say Lock should have played better because he had experience from his rookie season - you said his 4-1 record should not be talked about.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

            Since the new rule is evaluating the first full season to judge a QB, Kyler Murray’s record was 5-10-1 with 12 INTs, just 3 fewer than Lock under Shurmur.

            Now don’t say Lock should have played better because he had experience from his rookie season - yousaid his 4-1 record should not be talked about.
            You keep doing this comparing lock vs players that is way better than Lock. Idc if kyler went 0-16 his rookie he is better than Lock period. No one would take lock over kyler if they were starting a franchise. Again we are judging him of 3 years not just one. When you put lock in the same sentence as kyler makes everything you say after that irrelevant.

            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

              Who still talks about what a rookie did 3 years ago.What was Lock record last year? What is it this year as a starter 0-2....But wait for it here it comes its all "vic and Shurmur fault " here comes the deflect people watch and see.
              Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

              You keep doing this comparing lock vs players that is way better than Lock. Idc if kyler went 0-16 his rookie he is better than Lock period. No one would take lock over kyler if they were starting a franchise. Again we are judging him of 3 years not just one. When you put lock in the same sentence as kyler makes everything you say after that irrelevant.
              The rule was that we don’t talk about Lock’s season 3 years ago, then changed to evaluating a full season and now it’s back to judging 3 years.

              Does the 4-1 record count since the rule is back to using 3 years?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                You keep doing this comparing lock vs players that is way better than Lock. Idc if kyler went 0-16 his rookie he is better than Lock period. No one would take lock over kyler if they were starting a franchise. Again we are judging him of 3 years not just one. When you put lock in the same sentence as kyler makes everything you say after that irrelevant.
                But with every post you expose your bias. You want to have it both ways.the fact is you are refusing to judge Lock on 3 years. Everyone is judging him on 3 years except you cause you refuse to acknowledge his first year.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                  But with every post you expose your bias. You want to have it both ways.the fact is you are refusing to judge Lock on 3 years. Everyone is judging him on 3 years except you cause you refuse to acknowledge his first year.
                  The rule is that we’re not supposed to talk about his rookie season because he had success with Scangarello and that was three years ago. We’re only supposed to talk about a full season with Shurmur because we have to use a full season to make a judgment. Then when we talk about Lock and Murray in their first full season we can’t do that because Murray’s first full season was bad. Now we have to move back to 3 seasons for evaluation.

                  Someone explain the rules here.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post



                    The rule was that we don’t talk about Lock’s season 3 years ago, then changed to evaluating a full season and now it’s back to judging 3 years.

                    Does the 4-1 record count since the rule is back to using 3 years?
                    Bc those are the ONLY stats you are use. Judging Hanover three year.. you never bring up his last year stats ot this year. You conveniently the 4 or 5 games he played this year and all last year stats. You wanna know why you do that bc those stats are horrible. And 4-1 is the only you can hang your hat on.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                      But with every post you expose your bias. You want to have it both ways.the fact is you are refusing to judge Lock on 3 years. Everyone is judging him on 3 years except you cause you refuse to acknowledge his first year.
                      What the hell I have saidband still saying IT IS BASED ON HIS 3 YEARS HERE NOT JUST HIS 1ST.. wth are you talking about. It's bias at all he sucks.. yall can blame it on covid, no pre-season, no Sutton, Judy drops, play calling, all you want but the NFL don't care. The new coach more than likely is gonna want his guy. Lock has done nothing other than being cheap towards next year cap, to be worthy of being brought back for a starter or potential starter qb. We will see where the chips fall this offseason. If I were a betting man, Lock should have his bags packed.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                        Bc those are the ONLY stats you are use. Judging Hanover three year.. you never bring up his last year stats ot this year. You conveniently the 4 or 5 games he played this year and all last year stats. You wanna know why you do that bc those stats are horrible. And 4-1 is the only you can hang your hat on.
                        Within the last few posts I noted Murray had 12 interceptions in their first full season, just 3 fewer than Lock.

                        As far as this year with Lock’s two full games played his completion rate was 68.1% and 72.0%, 398 yards, 1 TD and no turnovers. Solid considering those were his first two starts this season, both road games.

                        Comment


                        • The odds of Lock remaining in Denver next season are higher than Shumur staying.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                            Within the last few posts I noted Murray had 12 interceptions in their first full season, just 3 fewer than Lock.

                            As far as this year with Lock’s two full games played his completion rate was 68.1% and 72.0%, 398 yards, 1 TD and no turnovers. Solid considering those were his first two starts this season, both road games.
                            The first paragraph is "blah blah blah"...I won't discuss any statements with Lock and Murray in the same sentence or paragraph....

                            Now looking at your next statement

                            Ok I'm done.. you will always cherry pick stats to try to prove ur point.. add in the other games he came in to play.. with the TO ints and fumbles. Hell even in his two full games avg under 200 yards passing..... .05 tds, avg 13 pts a game....and resulted in 0-2 record....keep fishing.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              The odds of Lock remaining in Denver next season are higher than Shumur staying.
                              4% vs 5%...I'd say they both are gone.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                                Could happen????
                                Sure, it could happen. It’s just the exact opposite of what I would like to see. I would be completely against that scenario playing out. It would just represent this organization taking the same tired old approach. Old geezer HC paired with an old geezer OC and an expensive washed up vet QB. Stinks to high heaven. No thanks.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X