Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zanataki View Post
    Broncos have the fastest TE tandem in the league and they are rarely used. Plus they are halfway decent at blocking the run. Have no idea why they aren't using them more
    But can they catch?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

But can they catch?
      I don't know, run the freaking ball and set up play action and find out.

These QBs aren't turning anyone into Antonio Gates.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I want Wrinkles back....
        Great call!

Comment

Unfortunately they’re more Vernon Davis than Gates. Fast in a straight line and not much else. Fant struggles to adjust to the ball and go up and get it. Albert O seems better at that part but he’s good for a drop a game, unfortunately his drop against Baltimore cost us a TD and the chance to put some pressure on.

Shurmur doesn’t know how to use TEs effectively. I think Engram is the only TE to have success with him (in recent memory) and he’s more of a WR than a TE. Our TEs are at their best running crossers or any route that doesn’t require them to cut.

New year, same story. A lot of the passing game takes too long to develop. It’s fine when we have Hamler/Jeudy in but without them it’s going to result in a lot of sacks. Even with an elite oline it still wouldn’t be much better.

Comment

Both Dropped potential TDs on Sunday. Albert O has a bad drop in 3of4 games. That's why biscuit bronco asked that I'm sure.

Our back up guards got man handled. I think had teddy not gotten injured we'd of played a very different 2nd half with some adjustments. Lock is done here mentally and probably can't be counted on for anything but going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Both Dropped potential TDs on Sunday. Albert O has a bad drop in 3of4 games. That's why biscuit bronco asked that I'm sure.

Our back up guards got man handled. I think had teddy not gotten injured we'd of played a very different 2nd half with some adjustments. Lock is done here mentally and probably can't be counted on for anything but going through the motions.
              if you got to watch the post game presser with Lock, he's a shell of his former self.
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I can agree with you on Lock. He's checked out
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

After his incredible run late in the first quarter, it was disappointing to see Javonte Williams barely involved for the remainder of the game. 7 carries?

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                    After his incredible run late in the first quarter, it was disappointing to see Javonte Williams barely involved for the remainder of the game. 7 carries?

Yep Great OC play calling right there Folks !!

Comment

I do not think that is a good analysis.

We scored on TD on a drive of 4 runs and 1 pass.

While it was still a one score game our next play selection was 8 pass and 3 runs.

We started the 2nd half down by 10 with a run. The next 7 plays were passes and sacks.

So after we scored a TD on 4 run plays and 1 pass play the next 19 plays were 4 runs and 15 passes. Before the Ravens scored again to go up 20-7 we had built up 19 passes/sacks compared to 6 runs since the only scoring drive that had 1 pass completion and 4 runs.

That is ignoring what worked while the game was still a 10 score difference.

Not only that but our QBs were getting KILLED on pass plays.

There were so many signs that we should be running it is actually mind numbing we ran the ball 6 times versus 19 sacks/passes.

edited - had 1 too many passes and 1 too few runs. Yes I included plays not counting due to penalties.
                      Last edited by Hadez; 10-05-2021, 06:48 PM.
                      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Scoring to get your team within one score is the priority, especially with ample time. Only a coach with a losing mindset believes your offense can’t be successful on any drive regardless of what happened to that point.

Using your argument they should have forfeited the game after the first half:

”They didn’t play well at the end of the first half - game over…”

If you don’t believe the offense can score based on a previous drive just quit the game. That’s literally your argument.
                        Some people may be thinking forfeit the game...so yea I get that is how you think about it. The same people who want to keep passing when it was obviously not working would probably think this way.

Coaches considering it going into half time to make adjustments and coming out with needed changes to win. As opposed to giving the opponent a chance to score more points...like what happened.

It is called understanding what just happened the last 28 minutes of football and applying that to ones logic while understanding there is a half time to make adjustments and 30 more minutes to play.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Some people may be thinking forfeit the game...so yea I get that is how you think about it. The same people who want to keep passing when it was obviously not working would probably think this way.

Coaches considering it going into half time to make adjustments and coming out with needed changes to win. As opposed to giving the opponent a chance to score more points...like what happened.

It is called understanding what just happened the last 28 minutes of football and applying that to ones logic while understanding there is a half time to make adjustments and 30 more minutes to play.
                          Long explanation of a coach with a losing mindset.

Winning mindset: Enough time to score and if we don’t my defense can hold them. Scoring puts my team within one score.
                          Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-05-2021, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Listening to The Fan, they just pointed out that Shurmur is tied to Fangio. Fangio canned Scangerello for Shurmur, so if he fired him, he would be indicting himself on the stupid decision to can Scangerello in the first place. So we are stuck with Shurmur until Fangio is fired.

Comment

Is it too much to draw up a gameplan knowing you have 2 starting quality RBs and 2 legit receiving TEs???? Sticking to his favored 3 WR set with the #2 and #WR out just isn't getting it down. And are we allowed to throw RB screens in the Shurmur offense?

Comment

Working...
                              X