No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided I'm not wasting any more of my Sundays' on this team until at the very least Shurmur is gone.

I'm not an X and O guy, I didn't play football, I suck so bad at Madden I haven't tried to play since Peyton Hillis was on the cover.

Even I can surmise this clown has no business being an offensive coordinator. I've seen zero creativity. It seems to be the same run play every time right up the middle, most of the time on first down, and when that only gets 0 to 2 yards it's pass pass pass until we punt, usually 2 downs later. Where the hell are the TE? Why was Fant left alone on TJ Watt? I've forgotten what a screen pass is at this point. There was a single pitch to Williams in which he ran for what, 40 yards? Why are we throwing for 3 yards on 4th and 5? We're just lucky Tim Patrick is tall and has long arms because that chain link would have made the game end up with a score that was much more appropriate for the way the offense was called.

All I know is Lock was good and showed some promise, then Shurmur showed up and Lock regressed. Many of us just assumed it was Lock not having the capability, me included... I'm starting to wonder now.

The ONLY saving grace for me right now is that it's Paton making the decisions, not Elway. It's been a broken record of uninspiring head coaching hires, swings and misses at quarterback, and terrible coordinator hires. We need to just clean house and it needs to start with Shurmur TODAY!!!!

Comment

Watching the Rams effectively use 3 WR and 4 WR sets including in the run game makes it so obviously clear how the Broncos are not even an NFL level offense. The Rams are so far ahead of what Shurmur is doing it blows my mind away.

There are probably over a dozen college offenses more effective than a Shurmur offense.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
        I decided I'm not wasting any more of my Sundays' on this team until at the very least Shurmur is gone.

I'm not an X and O guy, I didn't play football, I suck so bad at Madden I haven't tried to play since Peyton Hillis was on the cover.

Even I can surmise this clown has no business being an offensive coordinator. I've seen zero creativity. It seems to be the same run play every time right up the middle, most of the time on first down, and when that only gets 0 to 2 yards it's pass pass pass until we punt, usually 2 downs later. Where the hell are the TE? Why was Fant left alone on TJ Watt? I've forgotten what a screen pass is at this point. There was a single pitch to Williams in which he ran for what, 40 yards? Why are we throwing for 3 yards on 4th and 5? We're just lucky Tim Patrick is tall and has long arms because that chain link would have made the game end up with a score that was much more appropriate for the way the offense was called.

All I know is Lock was good and showed some promise, then Shurmur showed up and Lock regressed. Many of us just assumed it was Lock not having the capability, me included... I'm starting to wonder now.

The ONLY saving grace for me right now is that it's Paton making the decisions, not Elway. It's been a broken record of uninspiring head coaching hires, swings and misses at quarterback, and terrible coordinator hires. We need to just clean house and it needs to start with Shurmur TODAY!!!!
        That’s what I’m saying. Plus I’m a run game guy especially with guys that I think have 4+ yds a carry. That helps the entire offense. Shurmur is like a 4 year old playing madden throwing the ball almost every down.
        Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

This came up in game day thread...sharing it here too

Shurmur opening drives....according to his pressers this is something he is trying to improve.

5 Opening Drives 2021
          1 FG
          4 Punts (plays before punts = 5, 5, 6, 3)

21 Opening Drives since 2020
          12 Punts (plays before punts = 5, 5, 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5)
          1 Blocked Punt
          1 Missed FG
          4 FG
          3 Int
          Let's Ride!

Comment

There’s no excuse for keeping Pat anymore. This offense doesn’t compete with anyone. 2 straight seasons of the most boring, lifeless offense in the NFL. Screwed Lock’s development, making Bridgewater look clueless. Worst OC in the league.
            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Pat goes into 2min close game playcalling in the 1st quarter. That's losing football, and it has been said by so many that this dude isn't who ppl think he is, he isn't a QB whisper. He's not dynamic, he can't play call in modern NFL.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                There’s no excuse for keeping Pat anymore. This offense doesn’t compete with anyone. 2 straight seasons of the most boring, lifeless offense in the NFL. Screwed Lock’s development, making Bridgewater look clueless. Worst OC in the league.
                He is essential the top coach of the offense that has been REALLY bad for going on two years. It is on his shoulders.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

I'm speechless, we point out all the areas for improvement and seems this is a major trend with the coach or lack thereof. May just be the way this season goes, till we solve the Ownerships issue and a re-build (yes, I said it). complete from the top down.

Comment

Pat Shurmur is worst offensive coordinator in the entire NFL his scheme, system, playcalling, is old and outdated. The game has passed him by he needs to ride off into the sunset and call it a day. The offense is boring, stale, predictable it's been hard to watch the past two years with him calling the plays as bad as watching paint dry.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                      Pat Shurmur is worst offensive coordinator in the entire NFL his scheme, system, playcalling, is old and outdated. The game has passed him by he needs to ride off into the sunset and call it a day. The offense is boring, stale, predictable it's been hard to watch the past two years with him calling the plays as bad as watching paint dry.
                      I have no idea how to find a good HC but I really hope that new ownership and Paton can find a decent one. It seems the team has some talent if they can find a staff to use them appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

I have no idea how to find a good HC but I really hope that new ownership and Paton can find a decent one. It seems the team has some talent if they can find a staff to use them appropriately.
                        I hope so too! Yes I still believe Denver has one of the most talented teams in the entire NFL but I am bit biased.
                        sigpic

Comment

The run was working (and abandoned) for the third week in a row.

Comment

Changing coaches every three years isn't helping matters.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                              Generally why it's important to get it right. Team likely wouldn't be in this position if they didn't make Rich Scangarello a scapegoat.
                              Fangio in general was a massive gamble and showed to be a mistake.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                                Nope it usually isn't good to change coaches so often which means you have to nail it when you have the opportunity along with getting a franchise QB.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X