Pat Shurmur was awful today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Don’t let McManus’ missed FG cloud your assessment. If he could be more consistent a lot of other issues would disappear. LOL
    Hmmm. Well when you put it that way…..
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Watching the Vikings on offense is like watching the Broncos on offense. Scarily similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        Shurmur is without a doubt one of the worst coaches in Broncos history. Watching this team is painful even in a win because I have to come to grips that I have to watch the same trash next weekend.

None of these incompetent coaches will be back next year. Rip the bandaid off.
        I use to think McD was worst thing that happened to the Broncos. Never felt so hopeless on offense as I do with Shurmur running it.
        Lets Ride!

Comment

• The 2nd down pass play that stopped the clock was concerning, especially if it was a pass play by design. It's still concerning if it wasn't and Teddy decided to throw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            The 2nd down pass play that stopped the clock was concerning, especially if it was a pass play by design. It's still concerning if it wasn't and Teddy decided to throw it.
            Looked like an RPO deal to, possibly seal the game, where teddy got scared of turning up field and taking what he could get.

Shurmur is a terrible play caller.
            Last edited by jmz313; 11-01-2021, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Looked like an RPO deal to, possibly seal the game, where teddy got scared of turning up field and taking what he could get.

Shurmur is a terrible play caller.
              Fangio said in his presser it was a called bootleg.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Not defending Shurmer. I do despise the play calling and can’t wait for him to be gone however people do need to remember that Washington has some real talent on defense even if their season hasn’t gone as planned. They only allowed 24 points to an Aaron Rodgers led Packers team in Lambo. With Devante Adams.

It could’ve been much worse than the 17 we put up.
                sigpic

Comment

• What continues to surprise me is how Shurmur continues to do the exact same thing and still keeps his job.

He refuses the rely on a decent run game and keeps calling pass plays for a limited QB with questionable protection. He also shows almost zero creativity in his playcalling.

Watching other games around the league just spotlights his flaws even more. It was s frustrating.

I’ll take the win but this coaching staff has pushed my patience beyond its limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    What continues to surprise me is how Shurmur continues to do the exact same thing and still keeps his job.

He refuses the rely on a decent run game and keeps calling pass plays for a limited QB with questionable protection. He also shows almost zero creativity in his playcalling.

Watching other games around the league just spotlights his flaws even more. It was s frustrating.

I’ll take the win but this coaching staff has pushed my patience beyond its limits.
                    You didn't like the jet sweep to the TE?
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Shurmur completely lacks rhythm and feel for the game. It isn’t simply calling run vs pass. He doesn’t set anything up. There’s no deception or creativity. He just makes cute calls at dumb times. He calls plays like he’s just trying to get it off a checklist.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                        Shurmur completely lacks rhythm and feel for the game. It isn’t simply calling run vs pass. He doesn’t set anything up. There’s no deception or creativity. He just makes cute calls at dumb times. He calls plays like he’s just trying to get it off a checklist.
                        When I watch his pressers I can not figure out why he is a NFL coach. Absolutely nothing being displayed to me saying he deserves to be there.
                        Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

When I watch his pressers I can not figure out why he is a NFL coach. Absolutely nothing being displayed to me saying he deserves to be there.
                          Agreed. I think he comes across as smug and dismissive in his pressers. He just represents an NFL dinosaur who is about to go extinct.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

In this good ole boy's club league, its easy to maintain a career if people believe something about you even if it's not true. Shurmur has been touted as a QB whisper, so teams with young QBs keep going to him even bc word around the league he is a QB whisper. When those QBs still fail under him, it gets blamed on that QB. Of the QBs he coached that showed clear success, he was given credit for their outstanding talent. People credit him for Donovan McNabb, they credit him for the one good season Nick Foles had as the Eagles starter, they credit him for Case having a solid year in Minny.
                            In six of his 19 seasons his QBs were in the top 10, but in eight his QBs were in the bottom ten. The average rank was 17th. Never having a team passer rating at 100 except once, with the 2013 Eagles....when Foles had a good year as a starter.

I think Shurmur is a guy who gets credit for players success but doesn't get blamed for players that fail. And again in a league like this one, just a few success stories is enough for front offices to believe he really is a QB whisper.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

In this good ole boy's club league, its easy to maintain a career if people believe something about you even if it's not true. Shurmur has been touted as a QB whisper, so teams with young QBs keep going to him even bc word around the league he is a QB whisper. When those QBs still fail under him, it gets blamed on that QB. Of the QBs he coached that showed clear success, he was given credit for their outstanding talent. People credit him for Donovan McNabb, they credit him for the one good season Nick Foles had as the Eagles starter, they credit him for Case having a solid year in Minny.
                              In six of his 19 seasons his QBs were in the top 10, but in eight his QBs were in the bottom ten. The average rank was 17th. Never having a team passer rating at 100 except once, with the 2013 Eagles....when Foles had a good year as a starter.

I think Shurmur is a guy who gets credit for players success but doesn't get blamed for players that fail. And again in a league like this one, just a few success stories is enough for front offices to believe he really is a QB whisper.
                              Or he was let in on the script too many times and they have to keep hiring him ...
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

This is the guy who turned Eli Manning and Sam Bradford into dink-and-dunk passers throwing short of the sticks on third down. Both of those guys were #1 overall draft picks. Which maybe says something about the prevalent thought on this board that what we really needed was to draft Justin Fields at #9 overall. If Shurmur can wreck a #1 overall draft pick twice, he can ruin lesser draft picks too.

The really great thing Teddy Bridgewater has accomplished for the Broncos is he has demonstrated that Shurmur is a massive problem. Shurmur survived last year because he could claim with some justification that Lock wasn't able to run his system competently and he was having to modify it massively to deal with Lock's limitations and growing pains. Well Bridgewater is now running his system competently, and so we now know with 100% certainty that that system isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X