X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

First stop with the 'yall" and study some reason and logic. Each person has their own opinion. But you know what's really funny? You just proved my point in my earlier post. Again, I'll post it one more time for your convenience:

You accuse others of blaming everyone but Lock, then you blame everyone but Justin Fails again. If you're going to use that "point" against others, use it against yourself as well. One mroe time, this isn't about Lock. It's about your hypocrisy.

BTW, we both know the real reason you didn't post Justin Fails' stats vs Lock's rookie stats.
    I said all those things about Drew bc that's the excuses "yall" make for him. Again I have said things about Justin as well but you won't look at that. I didn't post Justin Fields stats vs looks bc I didn't care about any of them. Holla at me in two years when Justin had that's same time a Drew had.....so until then what you say about holds no water

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I have given Fields his criticism, which goes to show you just talking out the side of your neck.

Wanna compare rookie stats ok. I'm pull what yall pull.

He has terrible coaching, no time with first string as a stater the whole offseason, he has a terrible oline, the play calling sucks, sounds familiar????
    First stop with the 'yall" and study some reason and logic. Each person has their own opinion. But you know what's really funny? You just proved my point in my earlier post. Again, I'll post it one more time for your convenience:

Sure it was all everyone else lock didn't do anything. You love to say how many drops he had but not how much lock missed the mark.... he only play 5 games with Sutton its notblike ther had years of playing together....that new no one had a preseason like Herbert...

But you LOVE to point the finger at everyone but the freaking person throwing the ball.
    You accuse others of blaming everyone but Lock, then you blame everyone but Justin Fails again. If you're going to use that "point" against others, use it against yourself as well. One mroe time, this isn't about Lock. It's about your hypocrisy.

BTW, we both know the real reason you didn't post Justin Fails' stats vs Lock's rookie stats.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by CasualFan View Post

The goal is not to get Sutton's stats up to 20 yards per reception, the goal is to win football games. Throwing lots of low-accuracy passes Sutton's way that when occasionally caught go for 20 yards is not a stat that contributes to winning. Drew Lock's yards per attempt for his career is only 6.7, while Bridgewater's is 7.3, because a lot of Lock's attempts fall in the dirt. Drew Lock creates the optical illusion of pushing the ball down the field, but in fact produces a Bridgewater-like result or worse once the many incompletions average out against the few long completions.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LockDr00.htm
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BridTe00.htm
    The Broncos need receivers who can consistently make plays, unlike the rash of drops vs Raiders. They need Special Teams play without giving up a TD return and two long returns on the road. They need running backs who don’t cough up the ball for a TD on what was likely a game winning drive today.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Not Shurmur’s worst game, for sure.

Still think he sucks and I’m ready for this joke of a coaching staff to hit the road.

Leave a comment:

• CasualFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Bridgewater and Sutton only connected for 2 TD in 14 games this season. Sutton hit 20 yards per reception twice this season - once in 14 games with Bridgewater and once with Lock in just 2 games played. This shows the chemistry between Lock and Sutton - their chemistry isn’t dependent on years played together.
    The goal is not to get Sutton's stats up to 20 yards per reception, the goal is to win football games. Throwing lots of low-accuracy passes Sutton's way that when occasionally caught go for 20 yards is not a stat that contributes to winning. Drew Lock's yards per attempt for his career is only 6.7, while Bridgewater's is 7.3, because a lot of Lock's attempts fall in the dirt. Drew Lock creates the optical illusion of pushing the ball down the field, but in fact produces a Bridgewater-like result or worse once the many incompletions average out against the few long completions.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LockDr00.htm
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BridTe00.htm

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Credit when due, Shurmur called a good game today.

As always Bolles killed a drive with a holding penalty and Gordon coughed up the ball, acknowledging being blown up with Okwuegbunam whiffing.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

McVay has been the Rams coach for five years.
    True, I should say we’ll find out how good their GM is when he has to build a winning team with almost no draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

You critique everybody else's idea of who should be HC and/or QB yet, you offer no insight of your own.

I just want to point out that regardless of who takes over, it will be a slow burn to get back to winning.

If you think next year, we'll be winning a Superbowl or playoff bound, you are going to be disappointed.

That being said.....I hope we follow the same path the Rams did with their current team. Young coach and new QB that can easily be swapped out for another QB years later, if need be.

The Rams made great choices with trades and the draft.....Not to mention, getting Von Miller on the cheap.....They are set for years to come.
    I did say what kind of head coach I would want. Would have to see who all is available...any surprise fires..never been a lock fan that's nothing new..

If you go over the thr draft room I made it pretty clear what qb I wanted.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    Originally posted by Locutus View Post

2 or 3 years max. After that they’ll be dismantled and the Rams will be a cellar dweller. No draft picks but we’ll find out how good McVay is as a HC at that point
    McVay has been the Rams coach for five years.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied

You critique everybody else's idea of who should be HC and/or QB yet, you offer no insight of your own.

I just want to point out that regardless of who takes over, it will be a slow burn to get back to winning.

If you think next year, we'll be winning a Superbowl or playoff bound, you are going to be disappointed.

That being said.....I hope we follow the same path the Rams did with their current team. Young coach and new QB that can easily be swapped out for another QB years later, if need be.

The Rams made great choices with trades and the draft.....Not to mention, getting Von Miller on the cheap.....They are set for years to come.
    2 or 3 years max. After that they’ll be dismantled and the Rams will be a cellar dweller. No draft picks but we’ll find out how good McVay is as a HC at that point

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I think Zimmer is a possibility. And who knows who else from the Vikings will be involved?
    I super duper hope not.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied

So not true. But you can have it. Unless lock beat kc and throws like 300 yard and 3 tds and bo TO...he is good as gone. All yall locker supporters can try to define his way up until March. I'll let yall enjoy the next two months lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

The first rule was that we couldn’t talk about Lock’s play three years ago, because he played well. The rule was that we have to talk about a full season. Using this rule Lock and Murray are both bad quarterbacks because they had records of 4-9 and 5-10-1, because it shows quarterbacks can struggle in their first full season. Now the new rule is evaluating all three years of Lock’s play, which means we have to talk about his 4-1 season three years ago.

I just go with the new rules as they evolve.
    So not true. But you can have it. Unless lock beat kc and throws like 300 yard and 3 tds and bo TO...he is good as gone. All yall locker supporters can try to define his way up until March. I'll let yall enjoy the next two months lol.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Lock had Scangarello and Shurmur over his first two seasons, while Murray had Kingsbury and Clements as his quarterbacks coach. Lock’s record was 8-10 over his first two seasons, while Murray was 13-18-1.

Perhaps Lock could have benefited from sticking with the same coaches and without a half-baked rotation with veterans and coordinators.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Saw this today on ESPN....

21. Denver Broncos (7-9)

Previous ranking: 21

New Year's resolution: Fix the offense

The Broncos have started 10 different quarterbacks, as well as running back Phillip Lindsay, behind center since 2016. But this team's troubles with the ball go far deeper than its quarterback. The Broncos have refused over much of the past four seasons to match their offensive scheme to the personnel they have drafted or signed. They have broken two basic tenets of offense -- they routinely call what they can't block, and if their own defense was asked "is your offense difficult to defend," the answer would be "no." Yes, try with every resource they have to become one of the league's most fortunate teams with a long-term answer at quarterback, but even the best option at quarterback will struggle if they can't match a playbook to the team that is actually in the huddle. -- Jeff Legwold
    Legwold has a good history following the Broncos. Calls things as he sees them. His analysis points to coaching as a big part of the problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X