Winnable Game Against The Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnable Game Against The Steelers

We saw the streak end, but Baltimore is still a highly ranked team. Teddy's departure was not the only reason we lost, but it did not help. But this week's game is a bit of a toss up, and in my opinion, is quite winnable with Bridgewater starting.....if he starts.

Roethlisberger seems to have been more about hoping than delivering, given his play this season. His stats are lousy. He has a poor rate of 78.9, a measly 6.1 yards per pass attempt, and just 4 TDs along with 4 pics. Ben should have retired. And it's our opportunity to make him realize it. Teddy's stats are so much better, with a rate of 110.6, 8.0 yards per attempt, and still no pics. But will he play?

Watch for Ben to go all dinkin, dunkin donuts on Sunday. He can't run for his life, and he knows we can pressure him. Harris will likely be more of a go to guy, possibly with a number of check downs, which is something Ben has been doing for years. Limit Harris in the run game, and put some pressure on the ole boy, and expect good results.

I see these teams as a saw off on D. The Broncos have really good stats so far, and The Steelers have overcome a number of key injuries. I rank them similarly this week. But the question is, who are they defending against, Bridgewater or Lock? If it's Lock, I give The Steelers the definite advantage in this game. TJ Watt and company are very good, and will pressure Lock into possibly poor decisions.

I don't have to explain why this remains another early but big game. 3 and 2 would not be a disaster, but the easy part of the schedule is over. The Raiders and The Browns are next, and those are not going to be easy. And after the bye it still comes down to inter division play, with 5 of 6 AFC West games to finish the season. Those games will determine the playoffs.

But winning now will keep padding our W capital going into that harder part of the season. I really believe that 4 wins will be much, much better than 3, this early. Wins will not be a given later.

With Teddy on board I see us winning - 20 to 17. Minus Teddy, lets just say I can be a QB too....I'll pass.
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-07-2021, 03:08 PM.

This is the Game where Big Ben gets right with Denver's Secondary. I see Pittsburgh Blowing Denver out of the Water sorry no more hope in Denver this Year. I hope to eat crow after this game however I am sure I will not.

Comment

Ben’s arm looks shot. He’s not a threat to run anymore so the defense won’t have to be conscious of him taking off so we won’t see the deep ball get behind Jackson like last week. The run defense is really good so they’ll have trouble staying in manageable situations.

Unfortunately their defense has some legitimate game changers and even if Teddy starts, I still expect an INT or two. But their CBs aren’t great and can be got. The front 7 can get pressure, however Muti and Meinerz have really held their own so far. Massie is going to need help and he’s going to have to let Muti fend for himself and stop trying to cheat over to him so much, TEs are going to have to get good chips before they release as well.

All in all, this is a very winnable game for us especially if Bridgewater can play. If not, it’s becomes more of a toss up with Lock. On defense we will need to be careful with Johnson, he’s the most consistent receiving threat outside of Harris out of the backfield. On offense we need to double Watt and avoid Fitzpatrick. I think we take it 23-13. Big Ben will turn the ball over, although I think it’ll come off a fumble. Von will get the strip and Sterns will get the scoop and score to put us up 13-0 only for our special teams to give up a big return to jump start their first TD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
        This is the Game where Big Ben gets right with Denver's Secondary. I see Pittsburgh Blowing Denver out of the Water sorry no more hope in Denver this Year. I hope to eat crow after this game however I am sure I will not.
        I kind of agree. I just can't see anything but a heavy loss.

Comment

I am going to agree that The Steelers have a good shot to win this weekend, but regardless of The Broncos, nothing tells me that Roethlisberger will turn it around this year. He is predictable, slow and not as accurate as he once was. They will be looking hard for a new QB this offseason.

Comment

Anything can happen, win or lose. Big Ben looks horrible this year. Like really, really bad. People are saying he looks worse than 2015 Manning. I think we get it done, especially since Fangio's gameplan won't necessarily have to rely on fully stopping the run or QB runs either. Plus, the Steelers OL is pretty bad.

Hopefully our starting QB won't be knocked out in the first half just like last year. Teddy looks to be on track towards playing on Sunday. PIT defense looks formidable as always, so it will be interesting to see how Shurmur bounces back from last week.

This is a winnable game like beast said... have faith!
            https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

The broncos straight quit last week and I really don't think that's going to fade from anyone's memory any time soon. What I saw last week was the same "no urgency, no fight" garbage that we saw during Joseph's and Fangio's tenure. The Steelers are physical and just as dirty if not more-so than the Ravens. Remember when they knocked out Lock and Sutton last year and ruined our season?

If Teddy plays: 28-24 Steelers
              If Lock plays: 21-6 Steelers

I hope I'm wrong. I just see no leaders on this team. Even IF the players execute as they should, there's still a good chance the inept coaching staff blows it with game mismanagement and head-scratching offensive calls.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                We saw the streak end, but Baltimore is still a highly ranked team. Teddy's departure was not the only reason we lost, but it did not help. But this week's game is a bit of a toss up, and in my opinion, is quite winnable with Bridgewater starting.....if he starts.

Roethlisberger seems to have been more about hoping than delivering, given his play this season. His stats are lousy. He has a poor rate of 78.9, a measly 6.1 yards per pass attempt, and just 4 TDs along with 4 pics. Ben should have retired. And it's our opportunity to make him realize it. Teddy's stats are so much better, with a rate of 110.6, 8.0 yards per attempt, and still no pics. But will he play?

Watch for Ben to go all dinkin, dunkin donuts on Sunday. He can't run for his life, and he knows we can pressure him. Harris will likely be more of a go to guy, possibly with a number of check downs, which is something Ben has been doing for years. Limit Harris in the run game, and put some pressure on the ole boy, and expect good results.

I see these teams as a saw off on D. The Broncos have really good stats so far, and The Steelers have overcome a number of key injuries. I rank them similarly this week. But the question is, who are they defending against, Bridgewater or Lock? If it's Lock, I give The Steelers the definite advantage in this game. TJ Watt and company are very good, and will pressure Lock into possibly poor decisions.

I don't have to explain why this remains another early but big game. 3 and 2 would not be a disaster, but the easy part of the schedule is over. The Raiders and The Browns are next, and those are not going to be easy. And after the bye it still comes down to inter division play, with 5 of 6 AFC West games in weeks 12-18, followed by The Vikes, Seahawks and Rams. Those 8 games will determine the playoffs.

But winning now will keep padding our W capital going into that harder part of the season. I really believe that 4 wins will be much, much better than 3, this early. Wins will not be a given later.

With Teddy on board I see us winning - 20 to 17. Minus Teddy, lets just say I can be a QB too....I'll pass.
                Confused by the phrasing of the bolded.. weren't those our preseason opponents?

I like your optimism with Teddy, I hope your prediction is more accurate than mine .

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post

Confused by the phrasing of the bolded.. weren't those our preseason opponents?

I like your optimism with Teddy, I hope your prediction is more accurate than mine .
                  OMG!!!!! I quoted the 3 preseason games!!!!!! I was wondering why they had 3 non divisional games to end the season.

My baaaaad.....you goooood!!!

(sometimes it pays that folks don't read my posts!)

Comment

OMG!!!!! I quoted the 3 preseason games!!!!!! I was wondering why they had 3 non divisional games to end the season.

My baaaaad.....you goooood!!!

(sometimes it pays that folks don't read my posts!)
                    Haha, no worries.. I just started to panic when I read that because at best we could squeeze out maybe 1 win against them.

Comment

This game is winnable, provided we see better coaching, execution and spirit from our team than last week. You can only afford to have one or two of those before the whole team becomes infected with a culture of losing
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

This is a winnable game no matter who starts at QB.
                        sigpic

Comment

The sad thing is, if we do win this game, then the narrative won’t shift to how we might actually be a solid team, it’ll just shift to how it’s the end of the road for Big Ben and that the Steelers are just as bad as the Giants, Jets, and Jags.

Also, if you think Rodgers (or whatever QB) wants to come here because we’re “a QB away”, then this is a huge game because Pittsburgh can honestly say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            The sad thing is, if we do win this game, then the narrative won’t shift to how we might actually be a solid team, it’ll just shift to how it’s the end of the road for Big Ben and that the Steelers are just as bad as the Giants, Jets, and Jags.

Also, if you think Rodgers (or whatever QB) wants to come here because we’re “a QB away”, then this is a huge game because Pittsburgh can honestly say the same thing.
                            True stuff......but I sure hope no one makes excuses if we win. It's in Pittsburgh, they have a really good D, and they have some weapons on O.

Interesting though that Rodgers did say some nice things about Tomlin. So yeah, is this the battle for Aaron??!!

Hey beast, am I playing you in 2 fantasy leagues this week??
                            Last edited by CanDB; 10-07-2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

True stuff......but I sure hope no one makes excuses if we win. It's in Pittsburgh, they have a really good D, and they have some weapons on O.

Interesting though that Rodgers did say some nice things about Tomlin. So yeah, is this the battle for Aaron??!!

Hey beast, am I playing you in 2 fantasy leagues this week??
                              That we do, hopefully I pull one out.

Apparently Denver is flying in late Saturday night because hotels are backed up for weddings. Denver generally starts slow for these early games, hopefully that isn’t the case this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X