X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Narco View Post

Him throwing the ball away while running for his life doesn't count. As usual he came with the short passing game again today and was completely shut down until the 4th quarter and the Steelers were up 2 TD's. That's when the Steelers let up so Teddy could pad his stats. If you're being honest you'd admit Teddy lost the game today by himself when he underthrew a TD pass to Sutton and when he threw the INT in the end zone. He's an average back up QB, nothing more.
    He’s had 2 throwaways all year which are offset by the batter passes. Teddy has not been dink and dunk, he takes what’s there to be taken. The Steelers didn’t let up when up by 2 TDs evidenced by the fact that they were in a single high safety with press coverage on the CBs when Sutton scored the deep TD. Teddy was limited by an ultra conservative gameplan that Shurmur probably implemented to protect him. The first 3 drives were run, run, pass. He didn’t want Teddy to have to win the game, he wanted to minimize the hits Teddy would take playing an aggressive defense coming off a concussion.

Teddy didn’t lose the game, the defense dropped 3 INTs that all led to TDs by the Steelers. Roethlisberger gift wrapped Surtain a pick 6 that Surtain didn’t see. Fangio gave them a free 60 yards by asking Von to man up Claypool. Fangio routinely kept his CBs 7-10 yards off the ball despite it being very clear that Roethlisberger was going to be very spotty on the deep ball after he took a few hits and came up wincing. That’s the time to press and give your edge rushers a chance to put the game away. Fangio also refused to bring a S down in the box despite Pittsburgh establishing the run early and often. This loss wasn’t on Teddy, the fact it was even close is a testament to Teddy because the gameplan on both sides was absolutely pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I have to disagree Can. This team looks as bad as last year if not worse. I can see this team losing out and getting another high 1st round draft pick.
    Coaching is terrible, injuries are piling up and worst of all, the team has given up. They have the "here we go again" mentality.
    Fair ball. Yes, I have been trying to keep the glass half full of late. I am starting to wonder about this season now, because I thought we'd win one of the two last games.....and the injuries seem to mount. I can attest again that I was on the "trade for Watson/Rodgers" side....qualified by the fact that the allegations changed things in one player's case. But no doubt, I want a stud QB. I get a little carried away watching Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, Murray types....young and so talented. There aren't a load of young studs, but those dudes are exceptional for their ages. But if we have to go the draft route, it will take 2 or 3 years. Look at Lawrence and Wilson...starting but needing much experience.

But I will try to remain positive this year, because after all, it's been a while. And as long as there is effort, lets see how it all shakes out.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Until Denver starts stinging some actually winning football I think Threads like this one just adds misery because lets face the music Denver will not win with Teddy as the Starting QB being coached by Pat Shurmur just not going to happen they both need to be gone.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So.......losing by a potential one score, on the 3 yard line....is described as not winnable? I guess when games are over, they are not winnable. But when you are that close, on the road, you had a chance. That game was winnable.
    I have to disagree Can. This team looks as bad as last year if not worse. I can see this team losing out and getting another high 1st round draft pick.
    Coaching is terrible, injuries are piling up and worst of all, the team has given up. They have the "here we go again" mentality.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I did not intend for my comment on your optimism to be as negative as you seem to be taking it. If anything, I commend your positive outlook after watching that loss.

But you are correct, every game is winnable until they play the game.

My point is that beyond good intentions and possibilities, in the end it was a disappointing loss. I thought the Broncos were in a great position to win that game leading up to it. But the stark realities of how they lost was all too familiar.

Admittedly, I am still in my “glass half empty” post game reaction. Trying really hard to build some positive momentum going into this weeks game. I’ll get there, just takes me a few days.
    Got ya.......I was more critical in my initial response, because I felt the poster was just making light of the title of the thread, when in fact, anyone can make comments when games are over. I just felt that, in spite of the issues within the Broncos' game, they were 3 yards from possibly tying it up for OT....on the road and with the injury bug.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    A 3-1 Team Should Easily Beat A 1-3 Team unless your the Denver Broncos. Sad times yet again in DBC !!

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied

So a game was not winnable, if you end up losing?? Even if some experts predicted you would win??

I guess interpretation is up in the air these days.
    I did not intend for my comment on your optimism to be as negative as you seem to be taking it. If anything, I commend your positive outlook after watching that loss.

But you are correct, every game is winnable until they play the game.

My point is that beyond good intentions and possibilities, in the end it was a disappointing loss. I thought the Broncos were in a great position to win that game leading up to it. But the stark realities of how they lost was all too familiar.

Admittedly, I am still in my “glass half empty” post game reaction. Trying really hard to build some positive momentum going into this weeks game. I’ll get there, just takes me a few days.

Leave a comment:

• Skylan
    replied
    Originally posted by Skylan View Post
    The broncos straight quit last week and I really don't think that's going to fade from anyone's memory any time soon. What I saw last week was the same "no urgency, no fight" garbage that we saw during Joseph's and Fangio's tenure. The Steelers are physical and just as dirty if not more-so than the Ravens. Remember when they knocked out Lock and Sutton last year and ruined our season?

If Teddy plays: 28-24 Steelers
    If Lock plays: 21-6 Steelers

I hope I'm wrong. I just see no leaders on this team. Even IF the players execute as they should, there's still a good chance the inept coaching staff blows it with game mismanagement and head-scratching offensive calls.
    not to toot my own horn or anything but I'd say I wasn't far off

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Nice glass half full viewpoint. Still shows up as an L in the standings.

Too may mistakes, questionable playcalling and effort. Broncos were manhandled and outplayed, again. Until they can get over the hump and win these close games they are just another bad team finding ways s to lose instead of win. These”close” games are the difference between 7-10 and 10-7 and a playoff spot.

AFCW is tough enough. Now being 0-2 against potential playoff teams and any tie breakers is brutal!

On to a winnable home game against the Raiders. Maybe this week they can find a way to win. 4-2 is still a nice start if they can earn it.
    So a game was not winnable, if you end up losing?? Even if some experts predicted you would win??

I guess interpretation is up in the air these days.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied

So.......losing by a potential one score, on the 3 yard line....is described as not winnable? I guess when games are over, they are not winnable. But when you are that close, on the road, you had a chance. That game was winnable.
    Nice glass half full viewpoint. Still shows up as an L in the standings.

Too may mistakes, questionable playcalling and effort. Broncos were manhandled and outplayed, again. Until they can get over the hump and win these close games they are just another bad team finding ways s to lose instead of win. These”close” games are the difference between 7-10 and 10-7 and a playoff spot.

AFCW is tough enough. Now being 0-2 against potential playoff teams and any tie breakers is brutal!

On to a winnable home game against the Raiders. Maybe this week they can find a way to win. 4-2 is still a nice start if they can earn it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I guess it wasn't such a winnable game.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    I guess it wasn't such a winnable game.
    No game is this Year for this Team.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

As a rule Dave pretty much doesn't talk about people losing their job because he's been in that position before so to hear him talk about that means a line has definitely been crossed...
    Logan is so professional, it's amazing he would say that. It makes me wonder why it what he might know from inside the Denver bubble.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Not a bears fan.... but I do know Justin Fields have more wins and fewer games and all other qbs drafted in the 1st rd.
    He got the job done today! Congrats!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Congrats on your bears win over the raiders!!!
    Not a bears fan.... but I do know Justin Fields have more wins and fewer games and all other qbs drafted in the 1st rd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X