Fatafehi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueDamsel
    What? I just think that a player's character off the field really reflects on the field too...I just remember seeing one of the player profile/interview things about him before the SD game...

Oh yeh, and more useless trivia about Fatafehi...

He was very nervous about not making the team & was scared to death when his hotel room phone started ringing the day of the cuts. He was almost afraid to answer it because he knew if it was the Broncos, that it meant he was to be packing up...But he answered it anyway and about killed his friends--They called on the hotel phone instead of his cellular phone to see if he had any news yet!

He stayed in a hotel all season, because of his uncertainty of his stay here...

My, My, you definitely did know Mario. Most of only know him from the T.V. or live games that we went to. I saw him in the autograph line in training camp but that was all.

I still think he doesn't have to worry about making the team, and needs to put in some roots. He has a lot of potential.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

LOL no this is all from a television interview!

Comment

What? I just think that a player's character off the field really reflects on the field too...I just remember seeing one of the player profile/interview things about him before the SD game...
        I think that's definitely true in a lot of cases. But, more importantly to me, I feel better about rooting for a player on my team if he's of higher character.

When Romo was here I always felt slightly uncomfortable about him. I want to cheer for guys like Rod Smith, Al Wilson, Ed McCaffrey, and Terrell Davis. Guys who are pure class off the field mean you don't have reservations when you cheer for them ON the field.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Exactly...And by knowing about his educational background and his random facts, you know that he's in this to play the game--With his education, he could easily do anything else and probably get paid a competitive wage--but he loves football (and corndogs!) and just wants to play!

Comment

I absolutly adore Mario Fatafehi! He's one of our larger linemen, and is a linguist like myself...Heh, I know that has nothing to do with his on-the-field play, but I think it's important to know about the guy off the field too. He loves his corndogs. He speaks Russian, French, his native tongue (I forget which that is), Japanese & English...Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

He checks in over 300lbs, but if you see him not-in-uniform (in street clothes) he doesn't really look that *big*...He's got a great sense of humor about it & I think that he will produce better for us here soonly...
            Plus, he's a Kansas State alum. That's the most important part...
            Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

Re: Alot like....

Originally posted by Black59Razor
              A lot like Maa Tanuvasa when you think about it, and the Broncos
              won two Super Bowls with him on the D-line.

Rzr

Actually Maa Tanuvasa was a much better pass rusher, run defender and athelete than Fatafehi is.
              Maa = Stud
              Mario = Pony
              The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Working...
              X