Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should cornerbacks be reconstructed on how to play in the nfl ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should cornerbacks be reconstructed on how to play in the nfl ?

That pi on cb kyle fuller on 3rd and 15 on the broncos 18 with 3:03 left in the 2nd qtr was just too much penalty for too precarious a reward nowadays with these rules , particularly with big ben doing his best euro soccer player impersonation demanding a red card in this case with a p.i., they should just go more non contact and just rely on the dl and lb’s to harass the qb and tip balls and change their mentality , you can’t be aqib talib anymore , i don’t see any way else around it.

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
    That pi on cb kyle fuller on 3rd and 15 on the broncos 18 with 3:03 left in the 2nd qtr was just too much penalty for too precarious a reward nowadays with these rules , particularly with big ben doing his best euro soccer player impersonation demanding a red card in this case with a p.i., they should just go more non contact and just rely on the dl and lb’s to harass the qb and tip balls and change their mentality , you can’t be aqib talib anymore , i don’t see any way else around it.
    That is one looong sentence.

But, no, I think aggressive play is still the way to go because it's difficult to be in position to tip/intercept unless you play aggressively. But knowing tendencies for each game's ref crew will help. Today, Fuller had a bad day. But he was close to having a good day-that's how thin is the line between good and bad.

Comment

But its broaching on an integrity issue as well , soccer defenders keep their arms tied behind their backs to prevent any shouts of penalties now , that was unseen and unheard of in the 80’s.

Also look at mac jones and the pats opening play on their last possession vs the bucs last week , the bucs safety jordan whitehead was ran into by pats tight end hunter henry yet whitehead was called for pi , that is nothing but human error , hunter wasn’t even looking back for the ball , it just seems too much to pay for and at the least it opens too much scope for human error on the part of the saintly officials .

I get the point about different crews but it just seems too precarious and awkward to me , you’ve got enough to worry about what your opponent is doing and how to react and then another hurdle of the dicey officials interpretation , no it seems too much officialdom and not enough competition and enjoyment out of it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
        But its broaching on an integrity issue as well , soccer defenders keep their arms tied behind their backs to prevent any shouts of penalties now , that was unseen and unheard of in the 80’s.

Also look at mac jones and the pats opening play on their last possession vs the bucs last week , the bucs safety jordan whitehead was ran into by pats tight end hunter henry yet whitehead was called for pi , that is nothing but human error , hunter wasn’t even looking back for the ball , it just seems too much to pay for and at the least it opens too much scope for human error on the part of the saintly officials .

I get the point about different crews but it just seems too precarious and awkward to me , you’ve got enough to worry about what your opponent is doing and how to react and then another hurdle of the dicey officials interpretation , no it seems too much officialdom and not enough competition and enjoyment out of it for me.
        The defender isn’t allowed to impede the receiver whether or not the receiver is looking for the ball. The refs probably got that one right.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl
        Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

I personally believe the interference penalty should change to 15 yards instead of a spot foul. The amount of yardage a team can gain on that play can change the game too much.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The defender isn’t allowed to impede the receiver whether or not the receiver is looking for the ball. The refs probably got that one right.
            the official no. 82 threw the flag when he saw in full view that henry had overshot the ball , where's the discerment or intuition , is whats written in guidelines more important than the efforts on the field and general common sense , allow the refs to discern things and not be automaton's , not saying you're incorrect just saying what should be reviewed with them.

Comment

CBS need to be physical near LOS and be smart after that. No need to back all the way off. Problem is that we get little pressure on QBs and makes it hard for them.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

That does change if defender is trying to make a play on the ball you can get offensive PI

Comment

Thought reconstruction ended in 1877.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Thought reconstruction ended in 1877.
                    I wanted to reply to you with images of the contrast between the st pancras renaissance hotel opened 1873 and to its immediate right in real life the st pancras british library opened 1998 but i wasn’t allowed to upload attachments , it still makes me feel better to mention the contrast here though.

Comment

Yeah, how about that vaunted Broncos Secondary! LOL

They're NUMBER ONE in my book .............. if I was comparing them to teams in the Canadian Football League!

And I would trade Surtain OR Simmons, straight up for Minkah Fitzpatrick, in a heartbeat!

So, what was the difference between the Broncos and the Steelers? Pittsburgh has a superior offense, they have a superior Defense, and they have superior Special Teams. Unfortunately for Denver, the Broncos two best players on the team are the kicker and the punter.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        Yeah, how about that vaunted Broncos Secondary! LOL

They're NUMBER ONE in my book .............. if I was comparing them to teams in the Canadian Football League!

And I would trade Surtain OR Simmons, straight up for Minkah Fitzpatrick, in a heartbeat!

So, what was the difference between the Broncos and the Steelers? Pittsburgh has a superior offense, they have a superior Defense, and they have superior Special Teams. Unfortunately for Denver, the Broncos two best players on the team are the kicker and the punter.

Surtain II looks to me like this is his peak , his status will slowly dwindle away and what he couldn’t do on sunday was just what any generic db couldn’t do , i’m biased for picking linemen early anyway but rashawn slater ot chargers 13th overall pick started last sunday , so did alijah vera tucker og jets 14th overall pick , so did alex leatherwood ot raiders 17th overall , and the vikings eased christian darrisaw ot 23rd overall for his debut on sunday rotating him with their starter giving him experience and developing from overcoming his college injuries , i’d have picked all of these over surtain II but again i’ll admit i’m biased.

Comment

Fuller wrapped his arms around him, no one coaches a DB to do that, DBs are taught specifically not to do that. If he just kept his arms out or up and off the WR it doesn’t get called. But there’s nothing you can do to stop it, that’s just a natural human instinct, you know he has a step on you so you reach out to grab to slow him down. The NFL doesn’t help itself either because they always let those calls slide in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Fuller wrapped his arms around him, no one coaches a DB to do that, DBs are taught specifically not to do that. If he just kept his arms out or up and off the WR it doesn’t get called. But there’s nothing you can do to stop it, that’s just a natural human instinct, you know he has a step on you so you reach out to grab to slow him down. The NFL doesn’t help itself either because they always let those calls slide in the playoffs.

thanks man appreciate the input , its not just on db’s though its the whole defense , did you see the horse collar flag last night on ravens linebacker justin houston , john harbaugh was like ‘ what was that for ‘ , i completely empathize , its just too much at times what can you do , and tbh i’m not sure i really care about what brian ten punts a game griese sitting on a lavish media contract says.

Comment

Working...
                            X