3-2 Feels Like 0-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    True. Those were the easiest 3 teams on the schedule, sans maybe Detroit and they pushed the Ravens to need a 66 yard record FG to win.

This team is no where near capable of competing with the Chargers and Chiefs.
    Meh, it's hard to take one week chunks of the season and assume it transfers forward. For instance the Jets beat the Titans last week, does that mean that the Jets will be a tough opponent for everyone else they face? Likewise the Giants beat New Orleans last week, does that mean the Giants will give everyone trouble?

Now that being said, I'm not bullish on Denver's chances the rest of the season, but I don't think one game in week 3 means that the Lions will be world beaters later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Meh, it's hard to take one week chunks of the season and assume it transfers forward. For instance the Jets beat the Titans last week, does that mean that the Jets will be a tough opponent for everyone else they face? Likewise the Giants beat New Orleans last week, does that mean the Giants will give everyone trouble?

Now that being said, I'm not bullish on Denver's chances the rest of the season, but I don't think one game in week 3 means that the Lions will be world beaters later in the season.
      I didn’t say they’ll be world beaters, but the Broncos aren’t playing well enough to say they can beat the Lions. That could change however this team isn’t anywhere near being able to compete with the Chargers and Chiefs. I thought the same over the first three weeks because they played bad teams.

Comment

I didn’t say they’ll be world beaters, but the Broncos aren’t playing well enough to say they can beat the Lions. That could change however this team isn’t anywhere near being able to compete with the Chargers and Chiefs. I thought the same over the first three weeks because they played bad teams.
        I'm not talking about the Broncos in any way, but I don't think either the Chargers or Chefs are very good.

The Chefs defense is awful. They can't stop anyone and they give up big chunk plays quickly. You can't be a championship contender with a defense that poor.

The Chargers coaches try every week to give away games with poor decisions. Today they had the ball inside the 5 and all they needed to do was take 3 knees, call a TO will 0:01 on the clock and kick the 25 yard FG to win it. Cleveland needed two things to try and win the game, the ball and time. By calling a run play to Eckler they ensured the Browns would end up with both by calling a run play there. Eckler showed he knew clock management better than his coaches the play before when he went down inbounds at the 3 instead of scoring. So far the Chargers players have been able to succeed despite their coaches poor decisions, that luck will eventually run out.

Both teams are bad enough, because of those deficiencies, to lose to anyone on their schedule, including the Broncos. And by the time Detroit rolls around that team will have quit on that staff. Dan Campbell looks like a classic one and done coach. Because of those things, and the any given Sunday nature of the NFL, I think Denver still wins another 3 or 4 games.

Comment

I'm not talking about the Broncos in any way, but I don't think either the Chargers or Chefs are very good.

The Chefs defense is awful. They can't stop anyone and they give up big chunk plays quickly. You can't be a championship contender with a defense that poor.

The Chargers coaches try every week to give away games with poor decisions. Today they had the ball inside the 5 and all they needed to do was take 3 knees, call a TO will 0:01 on the clock and kick the 25 yard FG to win it. Cleveland needed two things to try and win the game, the ball and time. By calling a run play to Eckler they ensured the Browns would end up with both by calling a run play there. Eckler showed he knew clock management better than his coaches the play before when he went down inbounds at the 3 instead of scoring. So far the Chargers players have been able to succeed despite their coaches poor decisions, that luck will eventually run out.

Both teams are bad enough, because of those deficiencies, to lose to anyone on their schedule, including the Broncos. And by the time Detroit rolls around that team will have quit on that staff. Dan Campbell looks like a classic one and done coach. Because of those things, and the any given Sunday nature of the NFL, I think Denver still wins another 3 or 4 games.
          I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a swing of 1-2 games either way. They are capable of playing better than the last two weeks. For that reason I can see them winning 3-4 more games.

The Chiefs have had stretches of losing games in prior seasons and their defense usually improves down the stretch. That’s what happened in their Super Bowl run except the first half vs Texans.

The Chargers are winning close games and scoring a lot now. They aren’t a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Have you seen Detroit btw? They been worse than this for decades. They have actually gone 0-fer and may do it again this year.

They do not just feel it...they actually ARE it.
            Detroit isn't winning games yet. They lack enough talent. But, they play their guts out. Denver just doesn't seem to scratch and claw and fight for every inch of grass.

Comment

Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
              It would help if 2-Yard Teddy and the great OC would actually do something.. 3-0, heading to 3-14. This teams pathetic.
              Maybe they will let you play the Lions?

BTW, I do really like Jovante Williams. Wanted us to draft him so......crap. now gotta watch him play against us

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                3-2 feels like 3-2 to me. We can still make the playoffs. Shoot we may even win a playoff game with sheer luck. That is the top cap of this team tho. One playoff with with extreme luck.

In Bronco Country this is the goal anything less is not acceptable.
                Love the optimism, but with games coming up against division rivals, (who are all playing great; KC will find their way) and games against Cleveland and Cincinnati, this team is done. We, as fans, can say that things will be ok and look for the positive, but the key here is that the TEAM doesn't believe they can win. That's the difference.

Comment

Well, I guess it will drive home how bad these Broncos are then when they lose handily to both the chargers and the chiefs. I’ll reference this post when it happens.

I’m glad we’ve reached a new low in Broncos Country too, debating which team is worse…Detroit or the Broncos. Awesome.
                  To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Coaching is horrendous….. I just saw fangio state that Fant was used for chipping at the line which took him out of passing game. Why the hell did he chip all game, 1st round pick TE and he is used to chip? Miller covering a WR? Near goal line and only calling passing plays?

steelers we’re averaging 10 hits on Big Ben and 2.5 sacks a game coming into this with banged up line. To come away with 2 hits and 1 sack and little pressure. Highest paid secondary and to get picked apart and exposed like this. I don’t see how ends dont roll soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                      Coaching is horrendous….. I just saw fangio state that Fant was used for chipping at the line which took him out of passing game. Why the hell did he chip all game, 1st round pick TE and he is used to chip? Miller covering a WR? Near goal line and only calling passing plays?

steelers we’re averaging 10 hits on Big Ben and 2.5 sacks a game coming into this with banged up line. To come away with 2 hits and 1 sack and little pressure. Highest paid secondary and to get picked apart and exposed like this. I don’t see how ends dont roll soon.
                      Totally 100% Spot on. Where is the Accountability?

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Well, I guess it will drive home how bad these Broncos are then when they lose handily to both the chargers and the chiefs. I’ll reference this post when it happens.

I’m glad we’ve reached a new low in Broncos Country too, debating which team is worse…Detroit or the Broncos. Awesome.
                        Cool you can quote anything you want, have fun. It doesn't change the massive flaws those teams have. Two things can be true at once, Denver can be bad, and those two teams can be flawed.

Comment

I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a swing of 1-2 games either way. They are capable of playing better than the last two weeks. For that reason I can see them winning 3-4 more games.

The Chiefs have had stretches of losing games in prior seasons and their defense usually improves down the stretch. That’s what happened in their Super Bowl run except the first half vs Texans.

The Chargers are winning close games and scoring a lot now. They aren’t a bad team.
                          The Chargers aren't a bad team, but they've got a coaching staff that's making really poor decisions right now. Staley admitted as much today saying he was shocked the Browns would pull Ekeler into the end zone and wouldn't just let him give himself up. That's going to be a problem.

The Chefs aren't a good team. You can't be a good team with a defense that bad, and with an offense that is turning the ball over as much as they are. There's a belief that Spagnuolo defenses always get better in the second half of the season, the Athletic looked at that today, and it's not really true. They did get better in his Super Bowl years, but they've stayed bad or gotten worse in just about every other season. They went from 6th in the first 8 games last year to 28th in the last 8 games.

As for the Broncos I think back to an old Shanahan quote (others have used it as well): When things are going well, it's probably not as good as it seems. And when things are going bad, it's probably not as bad as it seems. The Broncos weren't as good as they looked in weeks 1-3, but they're not as bad as weeks 4 and 5 either. They'll finish with 7 or 8 wins.

Comment

I honestly don’t know what you guys were expecting, this was a 5 win team last year with most of their losses coming by double digits. They were not good last year, yet the roster and coaching have remained almost the exact same. They didn’t even have the nerve to fire the terrible special teams coordinator.

Did everybody think things were magically going to be instantly better this year? Did you all believe the yearly preseason hype and reality is kicking in?

They had a gaping wound at QB that they tried throw a bandaid in Bridgewater on. It was pretty obvious at numerous times last year that Fangio wasn’t cut out to be a HC, yet they stuck with him in a lame duck year.

They rolled into this year with basically the same strategy as last year, despite it being a huge failure. I’m not sure why anybody is surprised we’re starting to get the same results as last year.
                            Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 10-11-2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The Chargers aren't a bad team, but they've got a coaching staff that's making really poor decisions right now. Staley admitted as much today saying he was shocked the Browns would pull Ekeler into the end zone and wouldn't just let him give himself up. That's going to be a problem.

The Chefs aren't a good team. You can't be a good team with a defense that bad, and with an offense that is turning the ball over as much as they are. There's a belief that Spagnuolo defenses always get better in the second half of the season, the Athletic looked at that today, and it's not really true. They did get better in his Super Bowl years, but they've stayed bad or gotten worse in just about every other season. They went from 6th in the first 8 games last year to 28th in the last 8 games.

As for the Broncos I think back to an old Shanahan quote (others have used it as well): When things are going well, it's probably not as good as it seems. And when things are going bad, it's probably not as bad as it seems. The Broncos weren't as good as they looked in weeks 1-3, but they're not as bad as weeks 4 and 5 either. They'll finish with 7 or 8 wins.
                              When a team can score 47 points, they can afford to make a poor decision now and then.

The Broncos need to beat the Chiefs to prove they’re a better team. Nothing I’ve seen from the Broncos shows they can beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs were playing the Bills last night, not the Broncos.

Comment

When a team can score 47 points, they can afford to make a poor decision now and then.

The Broncos need to beat the Chiefs to prove they’re a better team. Nothing I’ve seen from the Broncos shows they can beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs were playing the Bills last night, not the Broncos.
                                It's not just once though, they made a poor decision scoring the touchdown against the Chefs as well. In order to win/tie the game the opponent needs two things: the ball and time. The Chargers have now twice voluntarily given their opponent those things in games they had in the bag and they just needed to kill the clock by taking a knee and then kicking the 25 yard FG to win. And they can score, but in both of those games, where they made those mistakes, they won by one score or less.

Nothing the Chefs have done so far shows me they can stop any offense, just based purely on that defense Denver has a chance against the Chefs this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X