3-2 Feels Like 0-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

The Chargers aren't a bad team, but they've got a coaching staff that's making really poor decisions right now. Staley admitted as much today saying he was shocked the Browns would pull Ekeler into the end zone and wouldn't just let him give himself up. That's going to be a problem.

The Chefs aren't a good team. You can't be a good team with a defense that bad, and with an offense that is turning the ball over as much as they are. There's a belief that Spagnuolo defenses always get better in the second half of the season, the Athletic looked at that today, and it's not really true. They did get better in his Super Bowl years, but they've stayed bad or gotten worse in just about every other season. They went from 6th in the first 8 games last year to 28th in the last 8 games.

As for the Broncos I think back to an old Shanahan quote (others have used it as well): When things are going well, it's probably not as good as it seems. And when things are going bad, it's probably not as bad as it seems. The Broncos weren't as good as they looked in weeks 1-3, but they're not as bad as weeks 4 and 5 either. They'll finish with 7 or 8 wins.
    Truth is, this was a 7 or 8 win team from the start, they aren’t really any better than last year. The only thing that would’ve vastly improved the team is had they got Rodgers or Watson. The moment the rolled into the season with Bridgewater/Lock/Fangio, it was clear we were going to be in for more of the same crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      I honestly don’t know what you guys were expecting, this was a 5 win team last year with most of their losses coming by double digits. They were not good last year, yet the roster and coaching have remained almost the exact same. They didn’t even have the nerve to fire the terrible special teams coordinator.

Did everybody think things were magically going to be instantly better this year? Did you all believe the yearly preseason hype and reality is kicking in?

They had a gaping wound at QB that they tried throw a bandaid in Bridgewater on. It was pretty obvious at numerous times last year that Fangio wasn’t cut out to be a HC, yet they stuck with him in a lame duck year.

They rolled into this year with basically the same strategy as last year, despite it being a huge failure. I’m not sure why anybody is surprised we’re starting to get the same results as last year.
      I thought the team could be better with Jeudy/Hamler coming into their 2nd season and the tandem of Gordon/Williams along with Sutton, Fant and Patrick. My thought was that Bridgewater could manage the games with slightly better consistency, but that’s been proven wrong in just 5 games. With Jeudy/Hamler out the task got harder however, it’s not like this offense was lit against bad teams.

We’re even seeing the decline of the defense under Fangio. He is simply not a good head coach - the team is undisciplined with penalties at crucial times and starts flat, especially road games.

I had the team at 9-8 with a swing of 1-2 games either way. The way the team is playing it’s looking like 7-10 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

I thought the team could be better with Jeudy/Hamler coming into their 2nd season and the tandem of Gordon/Williams along with Sutton, Fant and Patrick. My thought was that Bridgewater could manage the games with slightly better consistency, but that’s been proven wrong in just 5 games. With Jeudy/Hamler out the task got harder however, it’s not like this offense was lit against bad teams.

We’re even seeing the decline of the defense under Fangio. He is simply not a good head coach - the team is undisciplined with penalties at crucial times and starts flat, especially road games.

I had the team at 9-8 with a swing of 1-2 games either way. The way the team is playing it’s looking like 7-10 at best.

That’s the issue, too many people bought into the excuses last year and ignored the glaring issues at QB and HC. “They just need a real offseason”, that’s all we heard. So many ignored the realities and yet here were are, with the same team as last year, likely on pace for similar results.

Comment

so disappointing . this coach is as bad as the last one embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

I had the Broncos at 9-8 with a swing of 1-2 games either way. They are capable of playing better than the last two weeks. For that reason I can see them winning 3-4 more games.

The Chiefs have had stretches of losing games in prior seasons and their defense usually improves down the stretch. That’s what happened in their Super Bowl run except the first half vs Texans.

The Chargers are winning close games and scoring a lot now. They aren’t a bad team.
            They are a solid team, and Herbert is looking more and more like a true franchise qb every game.

But it is also true, they needed referee help to beat the browns.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

They are a solid team, and Herbert is looking more and more like a true franchise qb every game.

But it is also true, they needed referee help to beat the browns.
              Good teams put themselves in position to win. While I didn’t see the officiating to help them, it’s not like that’s the only reason they won - they played an entire game and kept pace with another good team. The Broncos didn’t even show up until the last few minutes of the game.

Comment

Looking across the NFL, the Chargers are one of the best teams, as painful as it is to admit it. But, eventually they’ll start to choke at some point, it’s in their DNA.

Comment

At the start of the season, I believed that we would have to beat the Raiders twice to have any hope of reaching the playoffs. I can appreciate after the last two defeats many already think the season is over, but there are plenty more average to bad teams this season than there are good teams. We just need to beat these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                    At the start of the season, I believed that we would have to beat the Raiders twice to have any hope of reaching the playoffs. I can appreciate after the last two defeats many already think the season is over, but there are plenty more average to bad teams this season than there are good teams. We just need to beat these teams.
                    Washington, Detroit, Philly, and Cincy are the only games left on the schedule that I can see where Denver is at least even strength against. I’m hard pressed to say any of the other teams the Broncos play aren’t in a considerably better position. Hard to see us beating the likes of the Browns or Chargers. Not saying they can’t win those games, but the team’s got a steep uphill battle trying to do so.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Washington, Detroit, Philly, and Cincy are the only games left on the schedule that I can see where Denver is at least even strength against. I’m hard pressed to say any of the other teams the Broncos play aren’t in a considerably better position. Hard to see us beating the likes of the Browns or Chargers. Not saying they can’t win those games, but the team’s got a steep uphill battle trying to do so.
                      It certainly doesn't look promising, but the lesser 4above + the 3 wins we already have + the Raiders x 2 takes us to 9 wins. We'll need at least one more.... which probably means at least one from our games against the Chiefs and the Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Not sure about this one. Unless Burrow is out, they'll slice and dice us on both sides of the ball. They just lost to Green Bay in OT. They are a vastly improved side. We are not. It all starts and finishes with our head coach. He seriously has no idea what he is doing. He got his first head coaching gig (with us) in his 60's. What does that tell you?
                        www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post

Not sure about this one. Unless Burrow is out, they'll slice and dice us on both sides of the ball. They just lost to Green Bay in OT. They are a vastly improved side. We are not. It all starts and finishes with our head coach. He seriously has no idea what he is doing. He got his first head coaching gig (with us) in his 60's. What does that tell you?
                          I’m not buying Cincy just yet. They’re certainly much improved over last year, but I’m holding out to see what they look like at the end of the year before I’m sure they’re much better than we are.

Of course if they smash us when we play them, that’s also conclusive proof they’re better than the Broncos. For now I consider them on even footing.
                          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

It certainly doesn't look promising, but the lesser 4above + the 3 wins we already have + the Raiders x 2 takes us to 9 wins. We'll need at least one more.... which probably means at least one from our games against the Chiefs and the Chargers.
                            If we can sweep the Raiders this year, I’ll consider this season amazing. That would be pretty much miraculous in and of itself.
                            Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Laughable. We made Pittsburgh look like a championship team. Every team in our division is leagues better than they are. We aren’t winning any of our division games. So maybe…. MAYBE we get to 7-9. And that’s just good enough to mean we aren’t selecting a coveted quarterback which means we’re back here talking like this next year.

I will slowly watch as everyone here realizes this thing is melting down.
                              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

If we can't beat LV this week with Gruden out as head coach, I don't know what to say anymore.
                                https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Working...
                                X