3-2 Feels Like 0-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broncos fans:

3-0: Woohoo! we going to the Super Bowl! Greatest team ever!

3-2: Burn it all to the ground!! This is the worst team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Broncos fans:

Very fickle fan base, indeed.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Broncos fans:

Many of us were pumping the breaks when we were 3-0 and people were going nuts. We knew the early goings represented a soft schedule. In fact many of us predicted we would end up 7-9 at the 3-0 point.
        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Broncos fans:

The sad thing is that you know its true. It’s all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Very fickle fan base, indeed.

Naw we are just feed up with all the same ole continued mistakes by the Back Up QB’s pretending to be starters year after year along with the OC and HC. It’s all Good.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Naw we are just feed up with all the same ole continued mistakes by the Back Up QB’s pretending to be starters year after year along with the OC and HC. It’s all Good.
              Also expectations are too high.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Also expectations are too high.
                I had to chuckle at this. Yes, when your team puts out garbage, the problem isn’t them folks, it’s the fan base that just expects too much from this team. Our expectations are too high.

I wonder where I can get a big foam hand holding up a four so that I can go proudly root for a fourth place finish in our division. Yeah, this feels right. The problem all along wasn’t that the Broncos couldn’t field an NFL caliber team, the problem was me! Silly me, wishing for a winning season!

Join with me… “We’re number four, we’re number four…”

I hope the Broncos get a participation ribbon this year!
                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I had to chuckle at this. Yes, when your team puts out garbage, the problem isn’t them folks, it’s the fan base that just expects too much from this team. Our expectations are too high.

I wonder where I can get a big foam hand holding up a four so that I can go proudly root for a fourth place finish in our division. Yeah, this feels right. The problem all along wasn’t that the Broncos couldn’t field an NFL caliber team, the problem was me! Silly me, wishing for a winning season!

Join with me… “We’re number four, we’re number four…”

I hope the Broncos get a participation ribbon this year!
                  Denver has fielded competitive teams. We’ve won 3 Super Bowls and been to 8. Occasionally we’re gonna have a down year or two. As nice as it would be, we can’t go win the SB every year. Only one team gets to do that, and more often than not it’s the team with the best QB. That’s why it took Elway for the Broncos to win their first 2 and Manning to win their most recent one.

Some fans just need to relax and be glad they aren’t watching a team that fails perpetually. Denver will right the ship again soon. And even if they don’t, gotta realize how lucky we are to have a team that has had the amount of success we have. I’m not saying be happy with mediocrity, just saying to temper expectations when we know the team isn’t gonna compete for much.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Not all 3-2 records are created equal.

It’s still 3-2. So there’s still a chance for the Broncos to be good.
                    No they are not created equal!
                    Right now we are a team that has the key to make the playoffs.
                    None of us would not want to trade QBs with Bills, KC, Chargers..... but we currently have not played division games and at this point that is where the major battle is. Our defense should be build to limit the offenses of our division rivals more than anything, and the litmus test is splitting with our division rivals. We cannot keep going 0-2 against KC and right now Chargers look more problematic. We might get Raiders on a good week!

Comment

Denver has fielded competitive teams. We’ve won 3 Super Bowls and been to 8. Occasionally we’re gonna have a down year or two. As nice as it would be, we can’t go win the SB every year. Only one team gets to do that, and more often than not it’s the team with the best QB. That’s why it took Elway for the Broncos to win their first 2 and Manning to win their most recent one.

Some fans just need to relax and be glad they aren’t watching a team that fails perpetually. Denver will right the ship again soon. And even if they don’t, gotta realize how lucky we are to have a team that has had the amount of success we have. I’m not saying be happy with mediocrity, just saying to temper expectations when we know the team isn’t gonna compete for much.
                      Lol. Okay, it just struck me as funny to say we have to adjust expectations. That’s not me. I expect my Broncos will win the super bowl every year when training camp starts.

I appreciate the success they’ve had in the past. But to be fair, this isn’t a year or two. What’s your definition of perpetual? It’s been 7 years going on 8 since we’ve sniffed success. That’s the better part of a decade. Time to worry? I think so.

Comment

I hear what you're saying but disagree with a portion of it. Our past success isn't an excuse to just sit back and be content with the mediocrity that's occurred over the past 6 years. The free agency affects of winning a Super Bowl is real and can a wreck a solid team. We got hit pretty good, but QB and Offensive line play were known issues and continues to be a problem. We caught a break catching weak opponents the 1st 3 weeks, but in even the past 2 games, the same issues that have hurt the team for the last 5-6 years were highlighted once again.

There's still lots of football left this season, but there's a definitely a split with fans who say the Bronco's can do no wrong and the Front Office will fix everything, and some feel they've seen this movie before and have a good feeling on how it's going to play out. So at this point, 3-2 might as well be 0-5 to some, because this season looks like many others in the past with average to below average QB play and a coaching staff that seems lost at times. I'm holding the faith, that a few simple things can be fixed to be competitive. Fix a couple small things and we're right there in the Steelers game. Vic actually accepting help where he's weak, and Shurmur actually calling plays to the strength of the team would make us competitive every week, but my faith in that isn't high.
                        Last edited by champ&dreallday; 10-14-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

“Occasionally we’re going to have a down year or two.”

This is the halo effect I’ve talked about. Much of the Broncos fan base has lost track of how badly this franchise has fallen. A down year or two? Really?

The Broncos are 35-50 over the last five seasons including the 3-2 start this year.

4 BACK TO BACK LOSING SEASONS

How many other teams have 4 back to back losing seasons over the last five years?

New York Jets
                          Cleveland Browns
                          Cincinnati Bengals
                          Washington Football Team
                          New York Giants

Browns made the playoffs last year and the Bengals have Joe Burrow to build on. The Jets are building around Zach Wilson.

Whether or not fans want to acknowledge it, the Broncos are one of the absolute worst franchises in the NFL - fact.

Fans are living off the past and conning themselves into believing it’s just been a bad season or two.

Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-14-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

“Occasionally we’re going to have a down year or two.”

This is the halo effect I’ve talked about. Much of the Broncos fan base has lost track of how badly this franchise has fallen. A down year or two? Really?

The Broncos are 35-50 over the last five seasons including the 3-2 start this year.

4 BACK TO BACK LOSING SEASONS

How many other teams have 4 back to back losing seasons over the last five years?

New York Jets
                            Cleveland Browns
                            Cincinnati Bengals
                            Washington Football Team
                            New York Giants

Browns made the playoffs last year and the Bengals have Joe Burrow to build on. The Jets are building around Zach Wilson.

Whether or not fans want to acknowledge it, the Broncos are one of the absolute worst franchises in the NFL - fact.

Fans are living off the past and conning themselves into believing it’s just been a bad season or two.
                            So we need to have two seasons where we go a combined 1-31 to acquire players like Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield. Or need a season where we go 2-14 to position ourselves for someone like Joe Burrow or Zach Wilson.

There is no quick fix. What’s your solution? Things may have to become a lot worse in order to get any better.
                            https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                              So we need to have two seasons where we go a combined 1-31 to acquire players like Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield. Or need a season where we go 2-14 to position ourselves for someone like Joe Burrow or Zach Wilson.

There is no quick fix. What’s your solution? Things may have to become a lot worse in order to get any better.
                              1. The Broncos could have traded Von Miller or other picks to move up to draft a quarterback.

2. Four back to back losing seasons - when you’re awful then losing a few more games to get the draft picks you need to get the talent would be worth while.

I see it though, it’s better to just be slightly less awful and remain a bad franchise.

The horror of having Baker Mayfield or Joe Burrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

1. The Broncos could have traded Von Miller or other picks to move up to draft a quarterback.

2. Four back to back losing seasons - when you’re awful then losing a few more games to get the draft picks you need to get the talent would be worth while.

I see it though, it’s better to just be slightly less awful and remain a bad franchise.

The horror of having Baker Mayfield or Joe Burrow!
                                1. If moving Von and draft picks meant we could simply move up in the 1st round and convince a QB-needy team to give up their own prime position to take a franchise QB— I would laugh at the ineptitude of the franchise we traded with. Does CLE or NYJ do that so we could acquire Mayfield/Darnold? Does AZ or NYG do that so we could get Murray/Jones? Or does MIA or LAC take that offer so we could get Tu’a or Herbert?

2. I don’t support losing, but if this team clearly built itself to tank— then I would understand. With the talent we signed and drafted on both sides of the ball, it’s obvious that this team wasn’t designed to be horrible. 2019 and 2020, we’ve had Flacco, Allen, Lock, Driskel, Rypien, and Hinton making starts at QB and yet we can’t crack the bottom 5 of the NFL— we’ve been mediocre at best despite our QBs, meaning we’ve had some decent personnel.

I don’t think this team has been perpetually bad by design, but we’ve definitely been languishing in the “not quite bad enough for a top pick, not quite good enough for the playoffs” range for a while now.

Mayfield was my favorite QB in the 2018 class and I wanted Burrow but his stock obviously skyrocketed to the top. I would love to have them, who wouldn’t?

To achieve that, Paton may need to clean house with the coaching staff and let all our key free agents walk next offseason such as Von, Fuller, Callahan, Jackson, Johnson, Jewell, Bridgewater, Gordon, Sutton, Patrick, and Massie. Retaining anyone good on our roster would be a detriment to getting the #1 pick in 2023.
                                https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Working...
                                X