Next HC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next HC??

I'm calling it now, Vic will be fired at the bye week and Munchak will be the interim HC going forward. The question is....who is the next HC? My hope is it's a young offensive minded guy who can rejuvenate the offense. Someone who can use each guy and get the most out of each of their strengths. Again....like a broken record EVERY YEAR!!, we will still be looking for a new QB too. Hopefully the next HC will be able fill that void

They should fire Shurmur and McMahan tomorrow and see what Zazzani can do as OC.

Comment

I think it's too early to be talking about this, Jv. Kellen Moore

And I have total confidence that this front office can scout and select a franchise quarterback. trade for Aaron Rodgers
      Last edited by Spice 1; 10-10-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        I think it's too early to be talking about this, Jv. Kellen Moore

And I have total confidence that this front office can scout and select a franchise quarterback. trade for Aaron Rodgers
        It probably is too early, it's probably just post game venting but Vic isn't going to be here much longer, whether it's in season or post season ...I don't think he's the HC next season

Comment

I think they will let The Vic finish the season. Unless they win a lot of the next 12, they'll let him go on black Monday.

I'm really interested to read the options offered by the smarter folks on the board.

A couple of options I wouldn't hate: Kellen Moore, Brian Daboll, Eric Bienemy (although he has that chiefs stank on him), Kevin O'Donnell, Byron Leftwich.
          Last edited by Broncos1963; 10-10-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
            They should fire Shurmur and McMahan tomorrow and see what Zazzani can do as OC.
            I really like this idea. Who knows, maybe he could save The Vic's job. Doubt it though.

Comment

My choice is probably a nonstarter for most, but I think they should take a serious look at Lane Kiffin. He's a good coach, he was just flakey and immature, but he has grown up now, and would bring a fresh offensive outlook to the team. He paid his penance fort his pat misdeeds by going to Alabama for 3 years as OC, having an 11 and a 10 win seasons at Florida Atlantic, and now by making Ole Miss relevant again, and having a great offense in the process.

I'd also look at trying to do everything I could to draft Matt Corral to play with him.

I'd like to see him paired with someone like Kris Richard as DC. But really any DC that would bring back a proper 40 front is good in my books. I'm tired of seeing Denver's best pass rusher have to bump out in coverage.

Other names on my radar: Brian Daboll, Pep Hamilton (more for OC), Joe Brady, Byron Leftwich, Dave Toub (although I think he's done getting interviews), and David Shaw (although I think he's locked into his dream job and won't leave).

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

I really like this idea. Who knows, maybe he could save The Vic's job. Doubt it though.
                At this point if it saves his job, I'm against it. I think the entire coaching staff needs to go. Start fresh with someone new. No more hoping that this is the year he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

At this point if it saves his job, I'm against it. I think the entire coaching staff needs to go. Start fresh with someone new. No more hoping that this is the year he gets it.
                  Haha, I'm with you actually. I wanted a new staff before this year.

But it would be fun to see if Azzazani could show something.

Comment

Lincoln Riley pops up every year, not sure I would want him or not but he might be a name that pops up. Kliff Kingsbury is working out so who knows. Granted he has Murray but the offensive game scripts are very impressive. Eric Bienemy is a guy who absolutely will be looked at and interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Lincoln Riley pops up every year, not sure I would want him or not but he might be a name that pops up. Kliff Kingsbury is working out so who knows. Granted he has Murray but the offensive game scripts are very impressive. Eric Bienemy is a guy who absolutely will be looked at and interviewed.
                      I don't think Riley leaves college. He's a king in the NCAA, I don't think he'll be looking to go to the NFL anytime soon. Now having said that I will make a wild prediction that he leaves Oklahoma for USC after this season. Just a gut feeling that he'll be drawn to the allure of LA.

As for Bieniemy, I don't really see him as a great candidate. He's had more than 10 interviews for an HC position, and has yet to even get a second interview in the process. I'm also not sure how much he actually does in KC? Andy Reid has been the guy behind his own offense since he started in Philly, so does Bieneimy really do that much?

Comment

Paton needs to hire Brian Daboll or Kellen Moore. Maybe even Joe Lombardi. Let them decide who they want at QB for their system. Is that Teddy or Lock? Or Willis, Corral, Howell, Strong, or Ridder? Is Rodgers still there?

The new HC would probably bring in their own staff, but I'd love to see Modkins, Azzanni, Munchak, Donatell, Kollar, and Parker stay.
                        https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I don't think Riley leaves college. He's a king in the NCAA, I don't think he'll be looking to go to the NFL anytime soon. Now having said that I will make a wild prediction that he leaves Oklahoma for USC after this season. Just a gut feeling that he'll be drawn to the allure of LA.

As for Bieniemy, I don't really see him as a great candidate. He's had more than 10 interviews for an HC position, and has yet to even get a second interview in the process. I'm also not sure how much he actually does in KC? Andy Reid has been the guy behind his own offense since he started in Philly, so does Bieneimy really do that much?
                          "Allure of LA" - That is perfectly worded. LA is a nightmare but people still get caught in the allure.

I've wondered the same with bieniemy. It's odd that he's always a touted candidate but not hired. But he's surely learned a few things. Maybe. Yeah...I don't know.
                          Last edited by Broncos1963; 10-10-2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I'd take a good look at Kellen Moore, but with the possibility of the Broncos being sold soon I wouldn't do anything during the season, knowing the new owner may want to have his own people.

Comment

Go completely outside the box and hire Tim Tebow as head coach. That’d be cool.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                              X