Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

LOL, I was just about to post this.
    Glad I read a few posts back. You guys beat me to it.

Only I was going to be smart*** and take it to another level of absurdity with Gruden and then trade for Watson for the most toxic duo ever. Imagine those press conferences!

Comment

Man the Coloradan in me wants to take a look at Eric Bienemy, but he doesn't even call the plays.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Man the Coloradan in me wants to take a look at Eric Bienemy, but he doesn't even call the plays.
        Yeah, biggest concern there is wondering if the success is all Mahomes or is a good portion of it Bienemy. A move like that and you risk being stuck with the next Adam Gase who got a head coach position because of his QB.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Yeah, biggest concern there is wondering if the success is all Mahomes or is a good portion of it Bienemy. A move like that and you risk being stuck with the next Adam Gase who got a head coach position because of his QB.
          Yup. Exactly where I am with that.

That being said, there aren't a lot of good prospective coaches.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Vic will be fired after the season.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl
            Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

You were saying?....

That was one heck of a comeback
              I think Fangio called him at half to give him adjustments, what a collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Did Fox really fail? They won the division every year he was HC, and they went to a Super Bowl. Granted it didn't end well, and the Broncos looked unprepared for that Super Bowl, but most teams in the league would take those 4 years of failure.
                Fair point about Fox.

Comment

Jeff Bezos will probably have his own idea who he wants as an HC.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

It probably is too early, it's probably just post game venting but Vic isn't going to be here much longer, whether it's in season or post season ...I don't think he's the HC next season
                    Five games into a seventeen game season is too early. There are reasons teams win and lose football games. Those reasons are all human. Quantification can inform a description, but it can't tell why. Each game unfolds differently in linear progression and is part of a cause/effect relationship. We shall see.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Going to be interesting to see if there is any “rallying” of support for Fangio/ Shurmur by the players. Will we see an inspired effort by the team? They are reading/ hearing the same disgruntled projections that they get fired. Do they agree from inside the locker room?

Kind of odd that both Raiders and Broncos are entering this weeks game in similar positions for very different reasons.

Which team responds? Which team has the leadership to get their respective team back on the winning track? Which team ( if either) chooses to change their season?

Can’t wait!

Comment

If there is a new HC I would think it’d probably be someone within the Vikings organization. Klint Kubiak is probably too young/inexperienced to be a serious candidate for the job, but if the Vikings fail to make the playoffs, I think Mike Zimmer would be a serious option. I’d love to have him as the DC though.

I mentioned it in the offseason but this defense doesn’t have an identity. Playing off match quarters coverage as the primary defense isn’t smart IMO, it requires too much from everybody. Communication has to be perfect and everyone has to read the same route concept the same way every single time, if one person is off it’s a big play off a busted coverage. This wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t in off coverage so often because the pass rush could mitigate that to an extent but with off coverage you’re guaranteed to have a short route open immediately which neutralizes the pass rush. And to compound the issue of off coverage, we run a ton of stunts/twists which take an extra second or two to develop so our pass rushers have no chance as the ball is being released as soon as they come around.

It doesn’t matter who we have on defense because nothing compliments each other. The defense can be great, I think the redzone defense shows that as our CBs can’t play so far off in a constricted space. Last year we were at the top in TD percentage in the redzone, this year we’re 6th. I understand that this is a bend but don’t break defense but it’s going to break because everyone is being asked to be perfect 100% of the time. Just look at the 2 TDs Ben threw, Fuller gets bumped in his backpedal which slows him down long enough to get beat by an inch, same thing happened earlier in the year against Marvin Jones, and then Jackson bit down on something underneath and Claypool got in right behind him for the easy TD, same thing happened with Brown in the Baltimore game. One player being wrong results in massive chunk gains or TDs. There is simply too much talent on the defense to not be aggressive, this defense can win games but they’re not being allowed to. I can almost guarantee if we would just go to cover 2 man 90% of the time the defense would be the best in the league hands down. Fuller would look much better because now he’d have a safety over the top of him and he could actually use his 6’2” 210 frame to be physical instead of getting bumped around in his backpedal to get beat over the top. Even our LBs would look better because they no longer have to read and then react, they can just play, they’d still get beat by speed but they wouldn’t be putting our Safeties in impossible positions constantly.

Comment

Nathaniel Hackett OC Packers I know he got an interview for the ATL job so he is clearly on a short list of sorts. I don't see his name being thrown out there much, but if the job ever does come available he could be an interesting option.

Comment

What does a head coach actually do? Is he just management? Hires the coordinators, coaches and other roles like trainers who do the work? Talk to the press? Plan the game strategy? Or exactly what? I already know this is a dumb question...but I'm really interested to understand better.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                              What does a head coach actually do? Is he just management? Hires the coordinators, coaches and other roles like trainers who do the work? Talk to the press? Plan the game strategy? Or exactly what? I already know this is a dumb question...but I'm really interested to understand better.
                              He's the CEO of the football team. He makes the schedules, he meets with coach groups and installs the game first with them, and they install it within their individual groups.

He chooses the uniforms they wear. The hotels they stay at. When they travel.

He has league mandated media obligations that he cannot say no to.

He works with his scouts on scouting his own team and liases with the GM/president/owner about his needs, personnel or otherwise.

He hires and fires his own coaches and coordinators.

That's usually how it breaks down. Lots of obvious things I didn't mention.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I've been thinking about this and here' s what I have in mind. Get rid of Shurmur and McMahon for sure. If Fangio is open to this, demote him to D coordinator, and bring in someone smart who understands Xs and Os and can make adjustments as HC (doesn't have to be an offensive minded coach). For OC, again, bring in someone who is smart and can adjust game plans and game calling on the fly. An example of "smart" would be recognizing a defensive package and calling a play where the opposing outside linebacker is covering your best receiver. To be honest, lets fire Shurmur now and give the keys of the offense to Zazani and see how he does. This way we can kick the tires on him before another team usurps our talented coach who turns out to be a stud head coach for a division rival.

Comment

Working...
                                X