No announcement yet.

Next HC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is this, Fangios seat will be smoking hot should he lose this Sunday against the raiders. All the turmoil going on there Fangio better have this team ready to play. Should he lose I'm giving up on him and will count the days down. Get the W guys!
    :go:

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
      I've been thinking about this and here' s what I have in mind. Get rid of Shurmur and McMahon for sure. If Fangio is open to this, demote him to D coordinator, and bring in someone smart who understands Xs and Os and can make adjustments as HC (doesn't have to be an offensive minded coach). For OC, again, bring in someone who is smart and can adjust game plans and game calling on the fly. An example of "smart" would be recognizing a defensive package and calling a play where the opposing outside linebacker is covering your best receiver. To be honest, lets fire Shurmur now and give the keys of the offense to Zazani and see how he does. This way we can kick the tires on him before another team usurps our talented coach who turns out to be a stud head coach for a division rival.
      I’m not impressed with Fangio’s defense at all so I’m not sure I’d want to retain him a DC either.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
        Jeff Bezos will probably have his own idea who he wants as an HC.
        Are you kidding me. I want nothing to do with Bezos and him getting his grubby, narcissistic, hands on our team. The way he treats the majority of his employees is sickening.

As far as I I’m concerned, he can build another space ship, launch it and stay up there for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

Are you kidding me. I want nothing to do with Bezos and him getting his grubby, narcissistic, hands on our team. The way he treats the majority of his employees is sickening.

As far as I I’m concerned, he can build another space ship, launch it and stay up there for all I care.
          Sorry, this was meant as a joke. Although...stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Did Fox really fail? They won the division every year he was HC, and they went to a Super Bowl. Granted it didn't end well, and the Broncos looked unprepared for that Super Bowl, but most teams in the league would take those 4 years of failure.
            Whether Fox failed can easily be debated, as he seemed to be along for the ride more than leading the team.
            Fox choose Orton as the starter in 2011 and failed even worse with Orton than McD/Studesville did in 2010. Then he had some success with Tebow, but in reality W15-17 in the McD designed Studesville/McCoy run system they scored 8 points more per game than in the Fox/McCoy system.
            With Manning 2012-14 it was clearly a team that went where Manning went and with pretty much the same kind of post season failures as with the Colts. I personally don't think that results would have been worse with Vic as HC or Vance Joseph. Like every HC since Kubes, Fox had the same inability to manage time.

It - to me - was a major failure of the Fox regime that Kubiak was able to build a SB Champ based on the Ghost of Manning and mostly the same defensive talent as in 2014.

When we talk about coaches I think the post Denver career of Dennis Allen, Mike McCoy, Adam Gase and John Fox undermines many of the narratives of whet excellent coaching staff we had.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Sorry, this was meant as a joke. Although...stranger things have happened.
              Glad it was a joke. You can’t believe how many people on FB want him as an owner.

Comment

No old, failed retreads!!!

I want a 'new' offensive-minded guy that has proven to be the actual play-caller/designer and not just the person that is an OC in-title-ONLY.

Bieniemy seems to just be holding Reid's play sheet on the sideline and not calling or designing any plays so he's off my list.

Kellen Moore will be promoted to HC before Jerry lets him go so he's off that list.

The OC from Buffalo (Daboll) that some have mentioned piques my interest so he would be my front-runner at this point.

Comment

I’m not impressed with Fangio’s defense at all so I’m not sure I’d want to retain him a DC either.

Right!

I was excited when we hired him cause all I could think was how ferociously intimidating that 49ers defense was when he was their DC and how ferociously intimidating the Bears defense were starting to become while he was their DC so I just knew we'd see that same ferociously intimidating style of defense with our Broncos but instead they've been anything but.

I'm guessing being a HC just takes too much of his time away from him to focus on the defense. Maybe if he was just the DC rather than the HC our defense would be what I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

Right!

I was excited when we hired him cause all I could think was how ferociously intimidating that 49ers defense was when he was their DC and how ferociously intimidating the Bears defense were starting to become while he was their DC so I just knew we'd see that same ferociously intimidating style of defense with our Broncos but instead they've been anything but.

I'm guessing being a HC just takes too much of his time away from him to focus on the defense. Maybe if he was just the DC rather than the HC our defense would be what I was expecting.
                    I always say our 2015 defense was like a pack of swarming wolves and like you, that’s what I thought our defense was gonna be again. Instead, they’re like baby deer. I know that’s an exaggeration but I just can’t stand the soft zone prevent defense. They intimidate no one.

Out of everything that’s going on with our team this year, I’m disappointed with our defense the most.

Comment

Really good read on Nathaniel Hackett here.
                      Great fit in many ways imo. Doesn't hurt that Rodgers thinks so highly of him as well. I would hate to see the Raiders get this guy, but I'm sure he gets an interview with them in the off season now.
                      https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/16/nathaniel-hackett-journey-from-doctor-to-dancer-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        Really good read on Nathaniel Hackett here.
                        Great fit in many ways imo. Doesn't hurt that Rodgers thinks so highly of him as well. I would hate to see the Raiders get this guy, but I'm sure he gets an interview with them in the off season now.
                        https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/16/nathaniel-hackett-journey-from-doctor-to-dancer-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover
                        I would rather have Hackett than Daboll, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                          No old, failed retreads!!!

I want a 'new' offensive-minded guy that has proven to be the actual play-caller/designer and not just the person that is an OC in-title-ONLY.

Bieniemy seems to just be holding Reid's play sheet on the sideline and not calling or designing any plays so he's off my list.

Kellen Moore will be promoted to HC before Jerry lets him go so he's off that list.

The OC from Buffalo (Daboll) that some have mentioned piques my interest so he would be my front-runner at this point.
                          You think jones would fire Mccarthy after this year just to keep moore cause he is gonna get serious looks as an hc this offseason probably from multiple teams. He will be an hc by the end of next season. I just dont know if he gets rid of mccarthy this early and stuff into his tenure.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

You think jones would fire Mccarthy after this year just to keep moore cause he is gonna get serious looks as an hc this offseason probably from multiple teams. He will be an hc by the end of next season. I just dont know if he gets rid of mccarthy this early and stuff into his tenure.

I mean meddlesome Jerry made McCarthy keep Moore on as the OC (and play caller) rather than letting McCarthy pick his own OC (just going off what the sports shows have said about this).

I think Jerry would either fire McCarthy and promote Moore to HC or make Moore the highest paid OC in order to keep him in-house like how he did to retain Jason Garret as OC when Wade Phillips was their HC.
                            Mel B.
                            Playmaker
                            Last edited by Mel B.; 10-13-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Why don't you tell us how you really feel lol

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

Why don't you tell us how you really feel lol
                                LOL HaHaHaHa.

Comment

Working...
                                X