No announcement yet.

Next HC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be fine with Bezos owning the team. Couldn’t be worse than the people currently running the trust. He actually but something as opposed to those who took advantage by latching onto Pat Bowlen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      I would be fine with Bezos owning the team. Couldn’t be worse than the people currently running the trust. He actually but something as opposed to those who took advantage by latching onto Pat Bowlen.
      Me too...he certainly knows how to run a business..and that's the idea, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Suntom View Post

Me too...he certainly knows how to run a business..and that's the idea, right?
        Yes…I just realized I meant to say “built”. Lol

Comment

Just read an article about possible candidates on SB Nation. They had Jon Gannon, Jason Garrett, Dan Quinn, Scott Turner, Darrell Bevell and Leslie Frazier listed.

To say I absolutely don't want any of these guys as our head coach is an understatement.

Gannon, Quinn and Frazier are defensive coaches. We need an offensive minded coach. Quinn and Frazier have already proven their not good head coaches and Gannon's defense in Philadelphia has been very suspect, especially against good offenses.

Garrett has already failed with a talented team in Dallas. Bevell has not shown to be an adequate OC. He called the play where Seattle threw on the goal line in the Super Bowl against the Patriots. No thanks. We already have Shurmur who is a terrible play caller. And Scott Turner, son of Norv Turner, hasn't exactly been a standout OC in his short tenure.

I really hope none of these guys are our next head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
            If Ellis did not hire Elway who was able to land PM than we probably talking about a horrible time in Denver under Ellis.

Think we need an owner myself.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

If Ellis did not hire Elway who was able to land PM than we probably talking about a horrible time in Denver under Ellis.

Yes agree. What’s happened with the ownership battle? I haven’t followed closely over the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Just not Bezos

Comment

Kellen Moore could be a great option, but chances are Jerry Jones finds a way to keep him.
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

New member here...used to hang out on the other boards.

Here's my two cents for next coach.
                    Joe Lombardi.

Comment

Originally posted by favson View Post
                      New member here...used to hang out on the other boards.

Here's my two cents for next coach.
                      Joe Lombardi.
                      Welcome to the boards. I smell what you're stepping in. He's doing well, and it would effect the Chargers. Anyone who can crack the security code on Mike Williams must know what they're doing.

Comment

Anyone catch Nate Jackson this morning? He said he would like to see Rod Smith as the next HC. Jackson said his locker was next to Rod's and saw how he went about his business. He said Rod knew the Shanny offense better than anyone and has a real passion for playing football the right way.

I think it's a bit of a reach, but I'm almost to the point of "Why not?"

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                          Anyone catch Nate Jackson this morning? He said he would like to see Rod Smith as the next HC. Jackson said his locker was next to Rod's and saw how he went about his business. He said Rod knew the Shanny offense better than anyone and has a real passion for playing football the right way.

It’s definitely out of the box, but not something I’d be opposed to. Rod may not have the experience but he was one of the hardest workers there was and I have no doubt he’d be able to instill that into this team. And he’d be free to pick whoever to fill out his staff vs a guy who’s going to stick with his guys just because they worked together before.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It’s definitely out of the box, but not something I’d be opposed to. Rod may not have the experience but he was one of the hardest workers there was and I have no doubt he’d be able to instill that into this team. And he’d be free to pick whoever to fill out his staff vs a guy who’s going to stick with his guys just because they worked together before.
                            I think Rod has every trait to be an excellent HC, except experience. How long would it take to learn on the job? It would seem if he wanted to coach he would have already done some official coaching, but it's an interesting thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

I mean meddlesome Jerry made McCarthy keep Moore on as the OC (and play caller) rather than letting McCarthy pick his own OC (just going off what the sports shows have said about this).

I think Jerry would either fire McCarthy and promote Moore to HC or make Moore the highest paid OC in order to keep him in-house like how he did to retain Jason Garret as OC when Wade Phillips was their HC.
                              i don't know if he can pay an OC as well as Moore would get offered. right now i can't see a way he is a not a Top HC canidate every season until he moves up. so he would probably have to move quick.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

On the why not train of thought why not mark schlereth ? comes across as really knowledgeable and keen on football when he’s broadcasting.

Comment

Working...
                                X