Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next HC??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hire. Bronco. Mendenhall.

    Comment


    • Teddy was pretty darn bad today but he took a lot more accountability and accepted more blame in his interview than Fangio ever did in 2.5 seasons. Pretty awful and uninspiring leader our HC is.
      https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        Teddy was pretty darn bad today but he took a lot more accountability and accepted more blame in his interview than Fangio ever did in 2.5 seasons. Pretty awful and uninspiring leader our HC is.
        Fangio easily two of the worst challenges since the league introduced them. This alone tells us everything we need to know about Vic.

        He was a good coordinator - that was his ceiling. Not everyone is going to be successful as a HC.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

          Fangio easily two of the worst challenges since the league introduced them. This alone tells us everything we need to know about Vic.

          He was a good coordinator - that was his ceiling. Not everyone is going to be successful as a HC.
          The two challenges were a sign of desperation imo.

          Great coordinator....has he ever coached in the Super Bowl on any level of coaching? How many times has he been to the Conf title game? Once? I did not did too hard.

          We are the Denver Broncos....great is not being top 5....great is not making the playoffs....great is

          Good is making the playoffs. Go get a job at Det or Hou if that is good enough.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

            The two challenges were a sign of desperation imo.

            Great coordinator....has he ever coached in the Super Bowl on any level of coaching? How many times has he been to the Conf title game? Once? I did not did too hard.

            We are the Denver Broncos....great is not being top 5....great is not making the playoffs....great is

            Good is making the playoffs. Go get a job at Det or Hou if that is good enough.
            Regarding challenges - I also mentioned desperation during the game day thread. You’re exactly right.

            Sadly the franchise now resembles the Lions. When I said that on game day a few people thought this was too harsh. I was talking about the last 5 years. The Broncos are one of a handful of teams with four straight losing seasons in five years (Detroit has three).

            The halo effect is powerful and some fans still believe this is the franchise of yesteryear.

            Fangio needs to go. Players quit on him yesterday.

            Comment


            • I don't think Fangio can survive the season. I think it's a wasted effort trying to make it work.

              If we are going to make a move we should do it asap so the job and the thought is floating out there. This isn't the week to do it with the Thursday game, but immediately after will be.

              Hackett is my top choice for 2022

              Comment


              • I want a younger more energetic coach with some fire in him.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

                  i don't know if he can pay an OC as well as Moore would get offered. right now i can't see a way he is a not a Top HC canidate every season until he moves up. so he would probably have to move quick.
                  I can't stand the Cowboys but I really like how Kellen Moore calls/designs plays. He would be my #1 choice if I thought Jerry would actually let him out the building but I think Jerry will either over-pay to keep him on as OC or he'll just flat out fire McCarthy and promote him to HC.

                  Comment


                  • In the past I've always been in the 'best available regardless of side of ball' camp. Now I think the best option is a top offensive coach given the NFL is so offense centric these days. While a good running game and defense will serve you well in the playoffs you really need to score points on offense during the regular season.

                    The problem with a defensive head coach is that your OC is limited to 2 options:

                    1) A retread that bounces around the league (Pat Shurmur, for example).

                    2) An up and comer. The problem with these guys is that they generally take a year or 2 to hit their stride. If you are trying to compete, this may be a limiting factor. Then, if you hit pay dirt and that up and comer becomes great, he'll be gone the next year for his HC opportunity and you are back to repeating the cycle again.

                    Kellen Moore is intriguing.

                    Perhaps Byron Leftwich - I just wonder how much of his success is because Tom Brady rolled into town.

                    Brian Daboll has done a nice job developing a QB - something the Broncos should be in the market for.

                    My 2 out of the box options, both of whom would need a strong staff - e.g. a veteran DC and maybe even an Assistant HC (perhaps Mike Munchak - Assistant HC/Offensive Line coach):

                    Mike McDaniel - San Francisco OC - has been credited with taking Shanahan's rush attack to another level.

                    Zach Azzanni - might be a tough sell to keep anyone from the current staff. I'd love to see Shurmur fired and Zach take over for the season just to get an idea of what type of game he'd call.

                    Comment


                    • Daboll. Daboll. Daboll.

                      What is all of this Kellen Moore campaigning I am seeing lately?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
                        Daboll. Daboll. Daboll.

                        What is all of this Kellen Moore campaigning I am seeing lately?
                        I am not on the Kellen Moore train yet. He has only been a coach for a handful of years. I am on the Daboll train though.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

                          I can't stand the Cowboys but I really like how Kellen Moore calls/designs plays. He would be my #1 choice if I thought Jerry would actually let him out the building but I think Jerry will either over-pay to keep him on as OC or he'll just flat out fire McCarthy and promote him to HC.
                          Moore has done well and is likely getting a head coaching job once the Cowboys are done this year. However, I seriously doubt he'd consider coming here without a QB. He's going to get a lot of offers, so I doubt he tie himself to Teddy or Lock.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            Give Fangio, Shurmur, and Paton a bus ticket out of town. Give Teddy a plane ticket.
                            What do you have against Paton? So far the only thing he has really done is the last draft, which for the most part it is hard to argue he did a good job with. And, FA went pretty well additionally, so what is your beef with him?

                            Comment


                            • https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/h...f-kellen-moore

                              Loved watching him at Boise State. This offense in Dallas is for real, and the play calling is spot on.
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/h...f-kellen-moore

                                Loved watching him at Boise State. This offense in Dallas is for real, and the play calling is spot on.
                                Great QB play as well, not discounting Moore just saying Prescott, elite so far this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X