• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    dbfansincefeb87
    Starter

• dbfansincefeb87
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

The Niners were consistent playoff contenders starting year 1 under Harbaugh. With subpar QBs. Things fell apart in SF thanks to Harbaugh’s huge ego, but keep him happy and he’ll have your team competing.

And college is an entirely different animal than the NFL. I could care less what happens in college. Give me the coach that has consistent SB aspirations with middle of the road QBs.
    agreed , for three straight years 2011 - 2013 the 49ers were a better team than the patriots , i get what others are saying but its a warts and all thing for me , the broncos offense looks anaemic , even in 95 where the colts narrowly lost the afc championship game he had a quality about him , like the nike logo just do it , if he'll come of course.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    Ring of Famer

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Leftwich is another who is going to get a shot soon.

I want one of these younger head coaches that has a chance to stay for a decade or more.
    ​​​​​​
    I would love to get a coach in here that takes the job and cherishes the position like Tomlin has in Pittsburgh. I think a big part of his success is/was his love for the franchise that gave him his shot. I could see Hackett or Leftwich as a long term solution here for us.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    Captain

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I get the sinking feeling that Mike Zimmer is going to be our next HC…
    First thought: ugh. Second thought: Vikings have been consistently good, which is miles ahead of the Vic. But still, ugh.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    Long Live DT

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I get the sinking feeling that Mike Zimmer is going to be our next HC…

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied

The Niners were consistent playoff contenders starting year 1 under Harbaugh. With subpar QBs. Things fell apart in SF thanks to Harbaugh’s huge ego, but keep him happy and he’ll have your team competing.

And college is an entirely different animal than the NFL. I could care less what happens in college. Give me the coach that has consistent SB aspirations with middle of the road QBs.
    Its been almost 10yrs since he coached in the NFL, he wouldn't automatically be the same NFL coach he was in 2014. Denver would have to give him full control...which again has already bitten them in the backside twice, and pay him well over 10 million a year. A franchise that's already still paying Vance Jospeh, paying the coaches from those previously fired staffs, would be paying Fangio if he's fired, plus the current staff that aren't retained, and then being paying Harbaugh 10 to 12mil to coach a franchise in an ownership crisis.

A coach that has never won a Super Bowl would be making as much or more than 2 coaches who have.(Pete Carroll & Belichick).

The want to hire Harbaugh is based on a fantasy of how he was with a team almost a decade ago.
    Then he'd get here be rebuilding for 2-3 seasons and the fans would want him gone, and it'll be another head coach getting paid bc his contract wasn't up.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    Football Immortal

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Harbaugh has been very bad since that sb run, even in college ball. Plus, he is the most petulant coach I've ever seen. I would absolutely hate to see Denver hire Jim Harbaugh. I don't see any potential for Lock to develop, regardless of the coach. That said, I think he is close to Bridgewater and I would rather see Drew start the remainder of the year.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    Football Immortal

• broncolee
    replied
    When Harbaugh had a chance to sign Peyton Manning, he reportedly told Manning, “we run what we run”. That’s not the coach the Broncos need. They need a coach that’s going to adjust to the talent on the roster. This is especially true if the coach isn’t going to have final say on personnel matters.

And again, Harbaugh isn’t in San Francisco because he wanted complete control and they wouldn’t give it to him.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    The Simulation

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post

It’s the only reason for watching. Especially loved the fumble - incomplete pass - fumble when running out the clock this week, just meticulous play calling and execution.
    Any other team could try to lose and not look that bad.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I am starting to think we need to look at what is working for Cincy.

Part of it is winning the draft lottery on getting the right QB

Part of it is getting really young at the coaching staff. 5 guys have 15-20+ years of experience. More than twice that number have 3 years or less. The HC comes from a very high quality of coaching in LA Rams.

Quality > Experience
    If you look at the teams with young coaches:
    Kliff Kingsbury in Arizona
    Sean McVay with Rams
    Matt Lafleur in Green Bay
    Sean McDermott
    Zac Taylor in Cincy
    Kyle Shanahan in San Fran
    Kevin Stenfanski in Clev
    Brandon Staley in LA

All those young guys with the exception of Staley and McDermott are Offensive minded. And their teams surrounded him with experience on their coaching staff.
    These young coaches don't need front office control, which is something that bit Denver in the backside with McDaniels and Mike Shanahan over time.
    They know how to coach young offenses and develop the next generation of QBs...bc some of them like Kliff worked with these young QBs, Kliff being someone who coached Patrick Mahomes and Jonny Manziel(as his OC) in college. He knows these dynamic QBs....he also coached Case Keenum who look stellar in college.

Again all those coaches have in common their team hired experienced coaches on their staff.

Broncos need an offensive minded head coach that can coach this current generation of dynamic QBs.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoJef
    Starter

• BroncoJef
    replied
    Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Fixed it for ya. Oh and nothing is going to save Fangio at this point.
    It’s the only reason for watching. Especially loved the fumble - incomplete pass - fumble when running out the clock this week, just meticulous play calling and execution.

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    Sitting in the HOF

• Humberg
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Then we get the usual Harbaugh hunching over confused that defenses keep stopping his 3rd down runs.
    But that hunched over confused look is way better than Shurmer’s “I know exactly what I’m doing” look when we throw a two yard pass on third and 12. So….

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    Playmaker

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I am starting to think we need to look at what is working for Cincy.

Part of it is winning the draft lottery on getting the right QB

Part of it is getting really young at the coaching staff. 5 guys have 15-20+ years of experience. More than twice that number have 3 years or less. The HC comes from a very high quality of coaching in LA Rams.

Quality > Experience
    someone from shanahans coaching tree

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

Harbaugh has been very bad since that sb run, even in college ball. Plus, he is the most petulant coach I've ever seen. I don't see any potential for Lock to develop, regardless of the coach. That said, I think he is close to Bridgewater and I would rather see Drew start the remainder of the year.
    As a Michigan fan...I don't see why Broncos fans are fantasizing of Harbaugh. A lot of the team's issues are the result of his very bad play calling. Why do Broncos fans want to go from one bad offensive play caller to another bad offensive player caller? There was some calls by him against Michigan St. Saturday, that Broncos fans would rage over. He's not that different from Shurmur play calling wise outside of being the opposite in what he calls too much of.
    Shurmur seemingly abandons the run game, Harbaugh is too reliant on it.

Its why he is 2-13 vs top 10 teams.
    3-9 vs Ohio & MSU

Those teams know if you stop the run, Michigan can't do anything. Then we get the usual Harbaugh hunching over confused that defenses keep stopping his 3rd down runs.
    Development wise, he hasn't developed a single good QB while at Michigan. So why would anyone think he'd develop Lock?

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    Captain

• Broncos1963
    replied

If we got Harbaugh, we don’t need Watson. If the guy can get to a SB with Kaepernick, any slightly above average QB or better will do. Wouldn’t mind seeing if Harbaugh could develop Lock.
    Harbaugh has been very bad since that sb run, even in college ball. Plus, he is the most petulant coach I've ever seen. I would absolutely hate to see Denver hire Jim Harbaugh. I don't see any potential for Lock to develop, regardless of the coach. That said, I think he is close to Bridgewater and I would rather see Drew start the remainder of the year.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
    Felt badly for the team today, they kept doing dumb things to lose but the redskins were just that bad. Another big win to save Fangio
    I don't think it saved him. I fully believe this is his last season as the Broncos coach. Nothing will really save that. Only reason he's still coach is bc how likely it would be to replace him during the season, so we'd have to have an interim, and the front office might not have faith in anyone who'd potentially be promoted to interim. They kept him because the team is in such bad state ownership wise they aren't being viewed by high profile coaches as a good place to coach, as well they don't wanna be playing yet another coach. As they are still paying previously fired coaches.
    Fangio has one more season on his contract with a team option to be longer.

Easier to allow this season to be a throwaway season, and only owe him money for 1 season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X