Bench Teddy and Start Brett Rypien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Teddy and Start Brett Rypien

A Spark is Needed Somewhere and you cannot tell me that Brett Rypien is any Worse than 15 Yards per Quarter Teddy B. Just Saying.....

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    A Spark is Needed Somewhere and you cannot tell me that Brett Rypien is any Worse than 15 Yards per Quarter Teddy B. Just Saying.....
    I agree with your end product, but not necessarily your reasoning. It would be worse, a lot worse. Brett is not a starting quarterback, Teddy is a starting journeyman. Neither is great but Teddy is better in every way.

I would say you get more as a team out of such a move though. You get some XP on Brett, either to decide you keep him as a backup or to package him in a trade. Teddy isn’t going to be here next year so if you aren’t going to do well anyway, why do you want to play him? We likely lose a lot with Brett and get a better draft pick. I don’t know why that isn’t more favorable than being 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8.

Given how this team looks, I don’t know a legit reason to play any quarterback who realistically is not going to be on this roster in 2022.
    To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I agree with your end product, but not necessarily your reasoning. It would be worse, a lot worse. Brett is not a starting quarterback, Teddy is a starting journeyman. Neither is great but Teddy is better in every way.

I would say you get more as a team out of such a move though. You get some XP on Brett, either to decide you keep him as a backup or to package him in a trade. Teddy isn’t going to be here next year so if you aren’t going to do well anyway, why do you want to play him? We likely lose a lot with Brett and get a better draft pick. I don’t know why that isn’t more favorable than being 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8.

Given how this team looks, I don’t know a legit reason to play any quarterback who realistically is not going to be on this roster in 2022.
      I am sorry however I think this team would respond better with Brett as the QB all you get with Teddy is 15 yards per Quarter and Teddy will also get all of your WR's knocked out of the game.

Comment

I think put Lock back in. They’re giving up on him way too early

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
          I think put Lock back in. They’re giving up on him way too early
          I wouldn’t be opposed to riding out the season with Lock. If it doesn’t pan out the organization would know they fully evaluated his potential. I wasn’t completely sold on Lock coming out of Missouri and he’s had short stretches of improvement, like the end of the 2019 season under Scangarello. I don’t see Fangio benching Teddy unless we lose 2-3 more games straight with poor play from him.

Comment

Does any sort of logic go into posts on this forum anymore? They’re not going to bench Teddy at 3-2, is this serious? Lol

Who are they going to bench him for? Lock, who was way worse last year, or Rypien, who’s barely a practice squad level QB.

They put all their eggs in the Bridgewater basket this year, for better or worse he’s the QB. We might see Lock for a few games late in season if/when things go south, but that’ll be it. There isn’t a QB savior that’s going to magically appear, Bridgewater is all we got.

Comment

They aren’t switching QBs at least until Jeudy is back. All these injuries gives Shurmur an excuse for why his offense isn’t executing. If the offense looks as inept with Jeudy as they have the past couple weeks, then they might consider a QB switch. But hopefully not before they give Pat his walking papers. I want to see Lock get one more chance, but not with the worst play caller in the NFL.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I agree with putting lock and Rypien in. Then we for sure will get a top 10 pick and put us in the position to get our franchise qb.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  I agree with putting lock and Rypien in. Then we for sure will get a top 10 pick and put us in the position to get our franchise qb.
                  Bridgewater isn’t really in the way of us getting a top 10 pick at this point either.
                  Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    Does any sort of logic go into posts on this forum anymore? They’re not going to bench Teddy at 3-2, is this serious? Lol

Who are they going to bench him for? Lock, who was way worse last year, or Rypien, who’s barely a practice squad level QB.

They put all their eggs in the Bridgewater basket this year, for better or worse he’s the QB. We might see Lock for a few games late in season if/when things go south, but that’ll be it. There isn’t a QB savior that’s going to magically appear, Bridgewater is all we got.
                    Lock did not have TC last year and had to learn a new system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      I thought Kendall Hinton was our franchise QB???

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                        Lock did not have TC last year and had to learn a new system.
                        Well they did have a TC last year, but either way he had TC this year and still sucks. What else you got?

In fairness, Teddy B is learning a new system this year, so do only certain players get the excuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Well they did have a TC last year, but either way he had TC this year and still sucks. What else you got?

In fairness, Teddy B is learning a new system this year, so do only certain players get the excuses?
                          Lock hasn’t played year this except in emergency relief. You can’t say he sucks based on a half of football wherein the OC made the offense completely one dimensional by giving up on the run and throwing every down. No QB looks good when the play calling is pass, pass, pass, punt.
                          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Lock hasn’t played year this except in emergency relief. You can’t say he sucks based on a half of football wherein the OC made the offense completely one dimensional by giving up on the run and throwing every down. No QB looks good when the play calling is pass, pass, pass, punt.
                            In all fairness, I think you can at the very least say Lock is a major disappointment having regressed and reverted to many of his bad habits. The fact that he was unable to establish himself as the starter versus a quarterback who was traded for a sixth round pick does not bode well. Right now, he is not a starting quarterback in this league. And he can’t shown anything that would signal he is going to be. He’s in his third year. I’ll grant you, he’s not as bad as Paxton Lynch. So maybe he doesn’t belong in the CFL, but anywhere he goes in the NFL he belongs holding a clipboard based on what he’s done so far.

The Broncos have equipped their quarterback room with a journeyman middling quarterback, a back up and a practice squad player. That’s reality. True, we have a bad OC. But to say it’s not partly about talent is missing something.

To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I thought Kendall Hinton was our franchise QB???
                              Hinton had better footwork on the sidelines that’s for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X