Bench Teddy and Start Brett Rypien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Not hard to put good numbers up against really bad teams.
    So you are confident that our other QBs would have done better?

Your logic is kind of a lose lose situation. Even if you do well, it doesn't matter. And the 3 victories had nothing to do with you. But the 2 losses must be your fault.

Comment

I'm all in for teddy until Rodgers arrives next summer

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        I'm all in for teddy until Rodgers arrives next summer

Rodgers is not coming to Denver. How old will A.Rodgers be Next Year?

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Rodgers is not coming to Denver. How old will A.Rodgers be Next Year?
          About half of Brady's age.....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So you are confident that our other QBs would have done better?

Your logic is kind of a lose lose situation. Even if you do well, it doesn't matter. And the 3 victories had nothing to do with you. But the 2 losses must be your fault.

We would have have been 3-0 going into the Ravens game with Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Yes, and as we saw him fail to close the game last Sunday he had the same issue in Carolina. He had a strong comp % in Carolina but he was 4-11.
              There’s a good reason NO and Carolina moved on from him. Carolina decided to go after Sam Darnold instead.

Comment

There’s a good reason NO and Carolina moved on from him. Carolina decided to go after Sam Darnold instead.
                Yes, and some people makeup a lot of reasons why NO and Carolina didn’t keep him. If he played well enough, at a minimum Carolina would have kept him.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  A Spark is Needed Somewhere and you cannot tell me that Brett Rypien is any Worse than 15 Yards per Quarter Teddy B. Just Saying.....
                  I personally agree with what you are seeing as an issue - Offensive production. Where I will 100% disagree is that Brett is the answer or that changing the QB is the solution to that problem at the moment. IMO - the issue here is two fold. One is that our offensive personnel are not well suited for the majority of the packages which Shurmur is putting on the field. Guys are too slow to run the routes he has mapped out and therefore it is taking too long for them to develop, we are seeing pressure come at our QB from all angles from opposing defenses and perhaps the most egregious is that we saw 12- personnel (2- TE plays) work really well for us in PS when we had a TE on either side of each OT. We've almost completely moved off of that come the regular season.

I would propose moving back to the 12-Personnel packages with TE's on each side of the OTs. The hope here is that it would allow for run plays to better develop and allow for the OL to better block these more challenging offenses. Both TEs could on any play break out and catch a quick pass by design OR as another outlet pass along with the RB. This can also allow us to add in PAP and force teams to play us our way and stop having us needing (and as of late failing) to adapt as much to our opponents style of play.

The second issue for me is the flow of the play calls. They are predictable and far too easy to plan for, We need to plan out and execute the play calling better.

Sadly I know what I am suggesting here is NOT sexy football. I do think that by running that 2-TE set more and running the 3 - WR sets less frequently we can start to protect Teddy better AND start to own the TOP again and win more games. I for one will celebrate a gritty unsexy Broncos win over a sexy looking Broncos loss every time.

#GoBroncos

Comment

New Orleans’ reason is named Drew Brees. He retired a year too late for Teddy to stay. Teddy would have at least remained to compete for the job if Brees had retired a year earlier.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

New Orleans’ reason is named Drew Brees. He retired a year too late for Teddy to stay. Teddy would have at least remained to compete for the job if Brees had retired a year earlier.
                      If Bridgewater was a great quarterback in the eyes of NO they would have figured out a way to keep him. Even accepting the Brees as the excuse to not retain him in NO, Carolina could have kept him if they believed he was the answer.

Comment

If Bridgewater was a great quarterback in the eyes of NO they would have figured out a way to keep him. Even accepting the Brees as the excuse to not retain him in NO, Carolina could have kept him if they believed he was the answer.
                        Also, given what NO knows about Bridgewater, and how bad Carolina wanted to get rid of him, why didn't NO pick up the phone about Bridgewater?

Bridgewater's not a good QB, he's not a "victim" of all of these circumstances out of his control.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Also, given what NO knows about Bridgewater, and how bad Carolina wanted to get rid of him, why didn't NO pick up the phone about Bridgewater?

Bridgewater's not a good QB, he's not a "victim" of all of these circumstances out of his control.

Great point.

Comment

Teddy was poor in Carolina. Sometimes it doesn't work out. We don't yet know what the future holds for him in Denver. I think NO may also have been attracted to the potential upside that Jameis Winston brings, especially at low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Teddy was poor in Carolina. Sometimes it doesn't work out. We don't yet know what the future holds for him in Denver. I think NO may also have been attracted to the potential upside that Jameis Winston brings, especially at low cost.
                              Well that begs the question, why wouldn’t Denver be interested in the upside potential of Winston? Maybe because Sean Payton is a better coach.

Comment

Well that begs the question, why wouldn’t Denver be interested in the upside potential of Winston? Maybe because Sean Payton is a better coach.
                                Good point. I was interested in us signing Winston but then what do I know?

Comment

Working...
                                X