No announcement yet.

Bench Teddy and Start Brett Rypien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are upset with accurate 15 yard passes and want slow inaccurate passes thrown as an IMPROVEMENT?!

What's next? Cheering for the raiders "to improve our draft pick"?!

shurmur isn't calling for great plays and some of you blame the qb...

You sure youreall watching football and not "soccer"?
    Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by Suntom View Post

Problem is..next year's crop of college QBs...not very exciting
      There are two that would be good in a Broncos jersey
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Good point. I was interested in us signing Winston but then what do I know?
        Winston seems like a guy who just needs a little coaching from someone like Payton to turn the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Winston seems like a guy who just needs a little coaching from someone like Payton to turn the corner.
          Yeah that's fair. He was a turnover machine for the Bucs but the talent was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post

We would have have been 3-0 going into the Ravens game with Lock.
            Where did you see that? Is it documented somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Where did you see that? Is it documented somewhere?
              Are you kidding me?! Joe Flaccid would have had us at 3-0.

Comment

If Bridgewater was a great quarterback in the eyes of NO they would have figured out a way to keep him. Even accepting the Brees as the excuse to not retain him in NO, Carolina could have kept him if they believed he was the answer.
                Can I ask....since when did the bar get lifted to "great"? How many great QBs are there these days? Yikes, that's a very lofty standard, and in my opinion, not realistic for most teams. Good is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Are you kidding me?! Joe Flaccid would have had us at 3-0.
                  OK....now I know you're stretching it.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                    People are upset with accurate 15 yard passes and want slow inaccurate passes thrown as an IMPROVEMENT?!

Sometimes play calling is dictated by the limitations of your QB.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Can I ask....since when did the bar get lifted to "great"? How many great QBs are there these days? Yikes, that's a very lofty standard, and in my opinion, not realistic for most teams. Good is pretty good.
                      “New Orleans and Carolina did not see him as a good quarterback”

Comment

I can live with the Raiders beating the Broncos - would hopefully speed up the process of firing Fangio and Shurmur.

Comment

Yea 15 Yards Per Quarter. LOL 😂

Comment

No were definitely not watching soccer, no one's running with a ball around here.

Ba dum tiss
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

There are two that would be good in a Broncos jersey
                              Which two look the part to you?

Comment

If Bridgewater was a great quarterback in the eyes of NO they would have figured out a way to keep him. Even accepting the Brees as the excuse to not retain him in NO, Carolina could have kept him if they believed he was the answer.
                                Teddy wanted to start and didn’t know when Brees would retire, plus they were strapped to the cap because of Brees so not only would they have to hamper the team even more to resign him as a backup, Teddy had no intention of going back. They couldn’t have him no matter how bad they wanted him, which they clearly did or else they wouldn’t have given up a 3rd round pick for them. And Sean Payton seems to know a thing or two about how to maximize a QB’s ability.

Carolina could have kept him, they opted to go with Sam Darnold. So far both QBs have had a similar story this year. 3-0 against subpar teams to start the season and 0-2 the last 2 games although Darnold’s propensity to turn the ball over is starting to rear its head again. It’ll take at least the rest of the season before we know really know if Carolina was right to pay our starting QB for the season for a 6th round pick. As it stands right now, it seems like it was a lateral move for them. Although I do think Teddy would at least be 4-1 with them right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X