A More Positive Thread About The Raiders Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A More Positive Thread About The Raiders Game

I can't control who responds and what they say, but I've seen a lot of less favourable stuff here of late, and I think it ok to be optimistic about Sunday's game. After all....IT'S THE RAIDERS!

The Raiders are coming here with an organizational "situation", and one never knows how the coaches will handle it, and of course, the players. And it's too early to say if it will actually hamper The Raiders. They may come out looking for a reason to win, to prove who they are, and why they are worthy. We may also see a team that is not ready to move on, with kinks in the armor. Tell you what, I actually don't care. It happens. It happened the week of our game, and we can't do anything about it, other than kick their butts! IT'S THE RAIDERS!

If you haven't noticed, The AFC West is up for grabs. The Chargers are solid, but they are in Baltimore. KC is looking for some fire, and though the favs, they are in Washington, and I expect a bit of a shootout. They need a win. I expect them to be victorious but Heinicke might surprise.

Then there's the Raiders, who often appear to be pretenders. This team has not been to the playoffs since 2016, and lost their only game, and prior to had not made postseason play since 2002!!! And something about them this year, especially after what transpired this week, tells me they are on the same uneventful path.

I know plenty of us are still optimistic about our season, and if we beat The Raiders, I just hope it's not another "weak team" thing, or "they lost their HC" deal, or whatever. A win and we go 4 and 2, they go 3 and 3, and a Chargers loss, and we're tied for top spot. You can't go about it any other way than one at a time, and whoever you play you play. The strength of schedule storyline is irrelevant if you get to the playoffs....the #1 goal for teams each year (other than of course wanting to win it all).

It's far too early to write off The Broncos, like some may have. They are definitely being scrutinized, and no doubt, some of it is warranted, and recent history has not been good. Yes, you have to win tough games. Yes, easier wins are easier. But however you get to the playoffs is irrelevant. Often it comes down to who is on a roll near the end, not so much who beat who in the early weeks. You need the ticket to get in, and after that, you basically start over.

The Raiders are a pretty good team. I am not a big time Carr fan (as a player), but he can get hot. Waller is a force. Not sure about Jacobs these days. And their D has some talent, but their Dbackfield has been weakened by injury. I believe we can get to Carr, and if so, I believe we win. Again, Waller...and perhaps the long ball, need to be minimized. As for our O, we got enough tools, and like I say, they've been under some injury duress.

One more thing....IT'S THE RAIDERS!!

Go Broncos!

John Brown revenge game coming up

Comment

This is a winnable game!

We should have beat Pitt by 2 scores, if butterfingers doesn't drop two sure interceptions and our rookies can keep from committing bonehead drive killing (or extending) penalties, we win handily.

Start fast and never let your foot off their neck! Protect Teddy and smash Carr, Catch the balll!

Denver 27 Raiders 21
      [sigpic

Comment

My prediction , as much as I hate the raiders:

They'll come out playing hard while our team, being poorly coached, will be ill-prepared for level of intensity they're going to bring.

Derek Carr will continue to absolutely shred the defense with his ability to get rid of the ball in less than two seconds, winding up in the range of 32 / 40 with 2TD. We'll get no pressure on him, we'll struggle to stop the run as well. I'm sure we can throw a special teams blunder in there somewhere. We'll struggle to run the ball because we only do it on first and 10 right up the middle, and it will be abandoned. Shurmur will try to throw a couple non-conventional plays in there executed at the wrong time in order to try and take some of the heat off himself. Midway through the third quarter he'll be back to his same predictable self, having once again made zero adjustments. Fangio will carry 2 time outs into halftime and then waste at least 1 in the second half to prevent a 12 men on defense penalty.

I hope I'm wrong, but tell me you'd be surprised if it went this way?

21-17 Raiders

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          John Brown revenge game coming up
          Has he been activated from the PS?

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
            My prediction , as much as I hate the raiders:

They'll come out playing hard while our team, being poorly coached, will be ill-prepared for level of intensity they're going to bring.

Derek Carr will continue to absolutely shred the defense with his ability to get rid of the ball in less than two seconds, winding up in the range of 32 / 40 with 2TD. We'll get no pressure on him, we'll struggle to stop the run as well. I'm sure we can throw a special teams blunder in there somewhere. We'll struggle to run the ball because we only do it on first and 10 right up the middle, and it will be abandoned. Shurmur will try to throw a couple non-conventional plays in there executed at the wrong time in order to try and take some of the heat off himself. Midway through the third quarter he'll be back to his same predictable self, having once again made zero adjustments. Fangio will carry 2 time outs into halftime and then waste at least 1 in the second half to prevent a 12 men on defense penalty.

I hope I'm wrong, but tell me you'd be surprised if it went this way?

21-17 Raiders
            You have mistakenly landed on the optimism thread.

Comment

Going to be interesting to see which team has the player leadership and “rallies” around their coaches.

Both teams are struggling. Both have leadership voids and dealing with media babble. Obviously for different reasons and intensity but similar enough in my opinion.

Broncos have an opportunity to change the narrative with a win. Being 4-2 and showing some type of team “fight” would be a nice outcome.

As mentioned, it’s the Raiders and Broncos. Both should be motivated. I’m expecting the Raiders to play like they have nothing to lose and follow the script from the last two weeks and try to bully the Broncos.

Until proven different, I’m going to optimistic that the Broncos are tired of being outplayed and beat up. It’s their turn.

Broncos 27-13

Comment

I expect the fans in the stadium to be loud, and bring their best version of "in-com-plete", against a perennial enemy. Lets try to move on from Gruden, and focus on what's ahead.....a huge rivalry, on our turf, which may have playoff implications.

KICK THEIR BUTTS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

Has he been activated from the PS?
                  Fangio said today that there’s a high probability that he’s going to be activated. I imagine there’s some added motivation on Brown’s part seeing as how the Raiders signed him this offseason and he didn’t make it on the team.

Comment

Unfortunately our Broncos are almost always the 'get right' team to play when you're having problems.

Can't run? Come play us and we'll help you set rushing records.

Can't pass? Come play us and we'll help you set passing records.

On a losing streak? Come play us and we'll help you snap that streak.

Worst team in the league? Come play us and we'll help you look like Super Bowl contenders.

Whatever ails a team they seem to 'get right' when they play us so why would the Raiders game be any different? It's the perfect set-up for us to help yet another team 'get right'.

As a Broncos fan I hope I'm wrong but my favorite NFL team's history has given me PTSD in situations like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                      Unfortunately our Broncos are almost always the 'get right' team to play when you're having problems.

Worst team in the league? Come play us and we'll help you look like Super Bowl contenders.

Whatever ails a team they seem to 'get right' when they play us so why would the Raiders game be any different? It's the perfect set-up for us to help yet another team 'get right'.

As a Broncos fan I hope I'm wrong but my favorite NFL team's history has given me PTSD in situations like these.
                      Please try to be positive in this thread.......

Comment

Ypu heard it here ...... we're gonna smash em . Done da da .

Comment

I'm not so sure we will.
                          Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 10-15-2021, 04:46 PM.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            I'm not so such we will.
                            "sure"?......

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

So Dam True LOL 😂

Comment

Working...
                              X