Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank goodness we gave up on Lock after 1.5 seasons

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone with eyes can see Drew Lock sucks, throws off his back foot, zeroes in on receivers, turnover machine. I have seen enough of him to know he sucks. I don’t need another 8 games to make that determination

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Carffather View Post
      Anyone with eyes can see Drew Lock sucks, throws off his back foot, zeroes in on receivers, turnover machine. I have seen enough of him to know he sucks. I don’t need another 8 games to make that determination
      All things that are true of young QBs. Sometimes it gets better (Steve Young), sometimes it doesn't (Jake Plummer), but as long as Teddy 2 Yards is the worst 3rd down QB in the NFL, people are going to want to see if Drew can get better.
      Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

      Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

      "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

        No doubt about it, we need look no farther than our own back yard. Just look what Shanny was building Cutler into, and what happened to him under Lovie Smith and Ron Turner... Instant regression.

        Very rarely does a great QB develop without the right coach and situation. Any other team in the league and Neither Joe Montana or Tom Brady become all timers. Off the top of my head, the only exceptions that come to mind are Elway (who was held back by Reeves) and Manning (who was pretty much his own offensive coordinator from day one).
        What exactly was Shanny building Jay Cutler into that was worth collecting?
        Cutler was amazing between the 20ties and actually our 2008 offense produced 6.21 yards per play compared to the 6.22 yards produced by the 2007 Patriots. The difference was that we scored 40% fewer points and won 8 games instead of 16 in the regular season.
        Bad Cutler (when we lost) scored 15 points fewer per game than good Cutler, and couldn't string wins together.
        Elway was not held back by Reeves, but saved from big mistakes. Reeves treated Elway exactly the same way Fox treated Tebow, that he did not have full game confidence in him but would rely on him to save the day.

        Lock is like a discount version of Cutler, and it is difficult to think that he is the future of the Broncos. Unfortunately we don't have Kubiak handling our QBs, because it seemed like Plummer, Manning, Osweiler and Siemian all optimised their results with Kubes.
        Kubiak should be included in the Ring of Fame!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          It’s impossible to develop a QB when you make a QB and OC change almost every year.

          The offense in general has been in chaos for years. Broncos Country tonight was pointing out how many players we have let walk before resigning Bolles+Patrick+Sutton.

          We have kept very few drafted offensive players and keep trying to make it work through free agency.

          Then when we finally start to get some talented drafted players we get a collection of bozo offensive minds that have no clue how to use the talent combined with some of the worst QB play in the NFL over the last 4+ years.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

            What exactly was Shanny building Jay Cutler into that was worth collecting?
            Cutler was amazing between the 20ties and actually our 2008 offense produced 6.21 yards per play compared to the 6.22 yards produced by the 2007 Patriots. The difference was that we scored 40% fewer points and won 8 games instead of 16 in the regular season.
            Bad Cutler (when we lost) scored 15 points fewer per game than good Cutler, and couldn't string wins together.
            Elway was not held back by Reeves, but saved from big mistakes. Reeves treated Elway exactly the same way Fox treated Tebow, that he did not have full game confidence in him but would rely on him to save the day.

            Lock is like a discount version of Cutler, and it is difficult to think that he is the future of the Broncos. Unfortunately we don't have Kubiak handling our QBs, because it seemed like Plummer, Manning, Osweiler and Siemian all optimised their results with Kubes.
            Kubiak should be included in the Ring of Fame!
            Sure, because we didn't win 16 games in 2008 because of Cutler. It didn't have anything to do with the 30th ranked defense or that, because of injuries, our leading rusher had under 350 yards. Cutler was in his 3rd year and he had the third most passing yards, and seventh most TDs in the league. Take that and add another year learning the system, the usual Shanny running game, and a slightly improved defense, and you're talking about a SB contender.

            Exactly how was Reeves saving Elway by running Winder off left tackle on first down, running Winder off right tackle on second down, then hoping Elway could save his butt on 3rd down? Once Reeves was fired Elway flourished in an offense that utilized his skills, his talent carried Reeves' 1972 offensive scheme.

            Kubiak doesn't belong anywhere near the Bronco's ring of fame. He completely ruined the league's 2nd ranked offense by neutralizing Manning's strength (his knowledge of the offense and ability to make his reads pre-snap) by changing his offense and forcing him to become a read and react during the play QB. Something he probably never had the arm to do, but definitely didn't when he was here. That team won that year because of Wade Phillips, and despite Kubes. I'll give him credit for figuring out that the only way Plummer was a threat was on a bootleg, then the rest of the league caught up. If Kubes belongs in the ROF it's as the greatest second banana in team history. He could be given subset bullet points under Elway, Shanny, and Phillips.
            Last edited by broncojuan; 11-24-2021, 08:53 AM.
            Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

            Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

            "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

              The offense in general has been in chaos for years. Broncos Country tonight was pointing out how many players we have let walk before resigning Bolles+Patrick+Sutton.

              We have kept very few drafted offensive players and keep trying to make it work through free agency.

              Then when we finally start to get some talented drafted players we get a collection of bozo offensive minds that have no clue how to use the talent combined with some of the worst QB play in the NFL over the last 4+ years.
              Exactly. This is my main complaint about the organization as a whole. I say it’s time to move into this century with a modern offensive minded HC and a QB to match.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • I wonder what Elway thinks about when he's up in the booth all by himself watching the Broncos he's made , for the last 5 or so years. It would have to be pretty depressing and embarassing for most regular people. Maybe that's why we dont see him in any commercials any more.
                He so overstayed. I wonder if he realizes he should have left when Manning did.
                Last edited by MrMax; 11-24-2021, 09:48 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                  I wonder what Elway thinks about when he's up in the booth all by himself watching the Broncos he's made , for the last 5 or so years. It would have to be pretty depressing and embarassing for most regular people. Maybe that's why we dont see him in any commercials any more.
                  He so overstayed. I wonder if he realizes he should have left when Manning did.
                  I'll never understand the vitriol Elway receives from some. He is far and away the most important person in the history of the franchise. Not only is he the greatest player in its history, he was a pretty good GM. Sure, he struggled finding a QB, but you know who else struggles with that?.. Everybody. He is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 SBs. He is the reason a bunch of spoiled fans have an overblown sense of entitlement.
                  Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                  Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                  "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                    I'll never understand the vitriol Elway receives from some. He is far and away the most important person in the history of the franchise. Not only is he the greatest player in its history, he was a pretty good GM. Sure, he struggled finding a QB, but you know who else struggles with that?.. Everybody. He is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 SBs. He is the reason a bunch of spoiled fans have an overblown sense of entitlement.
                    I appreciate the Elway love. I own two of his signed NFL balls. He's the boss.
                    The fact he wasn't able to draft a franchise QB tells me it's more difficult than I presumed.

                    Comment


                    • The real sad part is this: We all knew that Drew Beat out Teddy and was Primed for his 3rd Year Break Out Performance and unfortunately this Dinosaur Coaching Staff of the Denver Broncos decided for Worst to Start Teddy who did not Beat Drew in Preseason. Instead they once again choose a LAME DUCK QB Case 2.0 Sad and Pathetic. By the way Ruining Drew.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                        I'll never understand the vitriol Elway receives from some. He is far and away the most important person in the history of the franchise. Not only is he the greatest player in its history, he was a pretty good GM. Sure, he struggled finding a QB, but you know who else struggles with that?.. Everybody. He is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 SBs. He is the reason a bunch of spoiled fans have an overblown sense of entitlement.

                        He was pretty good QB, and he was paid well for it. So you think he deserves a lifetime booth queen job for life , I get it. I doubt Pat Bowlen would get it, IMO Elway and Ellis not only wrecked this team, they drove a wedge and probably did irreparble damage to the Bowlen family; but you adore Elway cause he was a well paid decent QB 20 years ago.
                        And made sure the team will be sold, because they know the kids would give them the boot, if the court was not protecting them
                        Last edited by MrMax; 11-25-2021, 03:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                          I'll never understand the vitriol Elway receives from some. He is far and away the most important person in the history of the franchise. Not only is he the greatest player in its history, he was a pretty good GM. Sure, he struggled finding a QB, but you know who else struggles with that?.. Everybody. He is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 SBs. He is the reason a bunch of spoiled fans have an overblown sense of entitlement.
                          I do not love some of the moves he's made as GM, like his woeful attempts at finding a QB after Manning, and the time it has taken him to build a good Oline....BUT. He is still the face of this organization. Great QB, and yes, highly involved in winning all 3 SBs!

                          That's why I wanted him to find a good Exec to help him, and remain in the organization, for his incredible impact on The Denver Broncos!!

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	e256b754ef0ac303d12aabb239838193.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	8385790

                          Comment


                          • Yep so Happy that this Dysfunctional Organization gave up on Drew 2 NOT !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MrMax View Post


                              He was pretty good QB, and he was paid well for it. So you think he deserves a lifetime booth queen job for life , I get it. I doubt Pat Bowlen would get it, IMO Elway and Ellis not only wrecked this team, they drove a wedge and probably did irreparble damage to the Bowlen family; but you adore Elway cause he was a well paid decent QB 20 years ago.
                              And made sure the team will be sold, because they know the kids would give them the boot, if the court was not protecting them
                              LOL! Somebody get a bandaid, because I think I got cut on your edge. I don't know what's worse; Your complete lack of football knowledge, your ignorance of Elway and Bowlen's relationship, or your nonsensical conspiracy theory.
                              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                              Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                              "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Oh come on, Maybe I don't know as much about football as alot of guys here including you, maybe. However, how many other QB, even ones much much better than Elway ever was have had a lifetime job after they quit playing?

                                Not only that, other than being here when PM decided to join the Broncos, what has he done? Not much. Finally after 5 disasterous years , they decide to hire Paton, to put some one else to blame and take some of it off Elway who is here for just to stay away from the blame but still be wasted overhead for Bowlens kids inheritance. And to make sure Paton has him for a boss and make all big final decisions.

                                Elway , Ellis and the other 2 sleazy lawyers are just taking advantage and draining as much as possible from the Bowlen team.

                                Do you really think Pat wanted to destroy his team and his family? If he was in good health, do you think he'd put up with this no accountability team?
                                Get real.
                                How many other QBs are still milking the team 20 -30 years after they quit? By your standard Tom Brady should own the Patriots and maybe eventually the Bucs, and lots of better QBs than Elway was.
                                You have to know this.
                                Last edited by MrMax; 11-25-2021, 07:15 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X