Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank goodness we gave up on Lock after 1.5 seasons

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I spent weeks telling y'all Teddy noodlearm wasn't going to do anything. I was right. He's the same exact QB he has been his whole career. Shurmur isn't overthrowing wide open receivers. Shurmur isn't checking the ball down with 3 receivers open past 10 yards.

    Lock needs a shot. I think he's got what it takes to make it happen.
    ​​​​​​
    if you were one of the people telling me how Bridgewater was gonna become this pro bowler with no turnovers, I don't wanna hear it anymore. That dude couldn't play dead in a western. I was right about him, just like most of us were.

    They beat 3 God AWFUL teams while doing nothing on offense. If teddy Bridgewater starts the rest of the year I don't think they find even 3 more wins.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

      A lot like our defense these days.

      I usually have the sound off on the tv and listen to the radio. Logan is way way better than any of the tv talking heads. He made the observation today, that it sure seemed to him that Carr knew what our defense was going to do in most situations. If our defense is that easy to diagnose during pregame prep, that explains an aweful lot of the key breakdowns we have been seeing the last few weeks.

      That tells me that Fangio is doing a terrible job preparing the defense, and that tells me, he is in way over his head trying to run the defense as the hc.
      Totally agree. There’s a reason why we see Von Miller ending up covering a WR. Other teams have obviously cued in on Fangio’s “genius” defense and are taking advantage.

      The guy just isn’t HC material. He belongs in the booth as a DC. Anything outside of that and he struggles.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TripleD View Post
        Not.

        Now we still don't know what we have in him, but have proven why Bridgewater is on his 5th NFL team in 7 seasons.

        Lock won the preseason BTW. Fight me
        Lmao, I needed this joke. Lock still the answer lmao best laugh I had in a while
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Drew Lock isn't a good player. Sorry, but he's just not.

          Teddy isn't very good either, but he's not why they're losing.
          Ding ding ding. Hit the nail on the head.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Narco View Post
            Lock didn't get a training camp last season and neither did the two rookies he was throwing to. Sutton was out the entire season. New offensive coordinator and new playbook. He totally sucked under those circumstances. If he was decent he would have overcome all that and won another Lombardi for Denver.
            Omg with these excuses. Everything must be perfect for him in order to win....this way of thinking is why we will continue to get our butt kicked
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
              This Lock talk is merely copium. I guarantee he does no better under the current circumstances and with the same exact coaching staff. Teddy was awful today, there’s no doubt about it. If Lock won the preseason, why isn’t he starting? Just ask yourself would it make sense for a coaching staff, no matter how evidently inept, to NOT start someone they thought would give them a better chance of winning football games???

              Just because Lock worked hard and was silent throughout OTAs and minicamp doesn’t entitle him to the job. He has to go out there and deliver, each and every day. Lock was the incumbent and managed to lose the competition. If it was close, you’d think they would give the starting QB job to the one who already had familiarity with the playbook and existing chemistry with the guys, right? They didn’t.

              Lock didn’t have a proper training camp last year, correct! But guess who else didn’t and also had a new offensive system installed— Herbert and Mayfield. Competition is brought in and he split reps with Teddy. So tell me why Teddy, who was brought in just this April and had to re-learn Shurmur’s offense, beat him?
              Thankkkkk you.....my God I never seen soo many damn excuses.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                Lock sucks and has only shown regression. Get over it.
                Preach, people really need to let the ship sail ⛵
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

                  Teddy sucks in this offense too. The common denominator isn’t Lock, it’s Shurmur.
                  Or just maybe just maybe both qbs suck.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

                    Lock was 4-1 with a QB rating of nearly 90 under a rookie OC. That’s not good enough? What are you expecting? Tom Brady?
                    Yep like there is no other rookie to start off hot only later to fail.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      From camps reports lock and Teddy were neck and neck. Both had good preseasons. I think Vic choose Teddy based on historical stats and not improvements in the off season. He choose Teddy because of less turnover history, Only reason.

                      Teddy was not any better in preseason or camp that lock in that and lock had improved on that aspect. But defensive minded coaches are always conservative and back thinking. They hate rookie and young QBs that have a learning curve.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                        Not.

                        Now we still don't know what we have in him, but have proven why Bridgewater is on his 5th NFL team in 7 seasons.

                        Lock won the preseason BTW. Fight me
                        Totally agree.

                        Lock has swagger. Teddy Doesn't
                        Lock has an arm, Teddy Doesn't
                        Teddy has been passed on by multiple teams, yet got the starting gig here. That flys in the face of logic and smacks of arrogance "Well I think i can make Teddy work! The other teams just didn't know what they had in him"
                        Lock Never got a true offseason without covid etc.
                        Lock's one season where he did get to play he lost Sutton game 1 and was stuck with Tim Patrick as WR1 the rest of the year. (Jeudy mega drops issues)
                        If lock had started this year he would basically be a 2nd year starter. His physical tools are not the problem. his experience and judgement are. In time, that can be fixed. Big difference between a career backup like Teddy B and Lock having basically 1 season as a starter.

                        Denver did Lock Dirty.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Gsam View Post

                          Totally agree.

                          Lock has swagger. Teddy Doesn't
                          Lock has an arm, Teddy Doesn't
                          Teddy has been passed on by multiple teams, yet got the starting gig here. That flys in the face of logic and smacks of arrogance "Well I think i can make Teddy work! The other teams just didn't know what they had in him"
                          Lock Never got a true offseason without covid etc.
                          Lock's one season where he did get to play he lost Sutton game 1 and was stuck with Tim Patrick as WR1 the rest of the year. (Jeudy mega drops issues)
                          If lock had started this year he would basically be a 2nd year starter. His physical tools are not the problem. his experience and judgement are. In time, that can be fixed. Big difference between a career backup like Teddy B and Lock having basically 1 season as a starter.

                          Denver did Lock Dirty.
                          Fans did too. He loves it here, loves being a Bronco. Was drafted, not a free agent. He didn't come out and become Peyton Manning in his second year and Denver fans started taking a dump all over him. Then they had the gall to say that some journeyman on his last shot that's never proven anything except how to play to not lose should have my loyalty. ...what?

                          I don't know if it's all the transplants or what but this fan base sucks now.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                            Fans did too. He loves it here, loves being a Bronco. Was drafted, not a free agent. He didn't come out and become Peyton Manning in his second year and Denver fans started taking a dump all over him. Then they had the gall to say that some journeyman on his last shot that's never proven anything except how to play to not lose should have my loyalty. ...what?

                            I don't know if it's all the transplants or what but this fan base sucks now.
                            Yep, when I said Denver, I mean the teams and the fans. We are so hungry to win that we are making short sighted irrational decisions.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sad days, our only hope for salvation is Drew freakin’ Lock, haha!

                              But, whatever, might as well toss him out there. He can’t be worse, right?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                Sad days, our only hope for salvation is Drew freakin’ Lock, haha!

                                But, whatever, might as well toss him out there. He can’t be worse, right?
                                Absolutely. If he's great then its a win for us. If he's garbage we are that much closer to a top draft pick. Can't lose at this point!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X