Thank goodness we gave up on Lock after 1.5 seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Good quarterbacks can come into a game and perform. It’s not as if he didn’t have practice. Lock wasn’t prepared and it showed - that’s on him.

Too many excuses for Lock.

In 2019 Matt Moore was signed by the Chiefs from the street coaching high school football. He came in for relief against the Broncos after a week on the team and smoked Denver.
    So good qbs without practice, just come in and perform

so whats teddys excuse for getting all the snaps and still sucking??

is it the bad OC that apparently had zero effect on Lock?
    or lack of good pass pro, again strangely did not contribute to locks deficiencies?

lack of Off talent… that again cant be used for lock
    Last edited by arapaho; 10-19-2021, 07:01 PM.
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

or lack of good pass pro, again strangely did not contribute to locks deficiencies?

Whats lock excuse for Teddy sucking and they still not putting him in????
      In 6 games teddy has 4 ints I wonder how many turn em over lock would have. Teddy has a 2.1 td int ratio.

Lock will get excuses for everything. I just read the comments and laugh.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Whats lock excuse for Teddy sucking and they still not putting him in????
        In 6 games teddy has 4 ints I wonder how many turn em over lock would have. Teddy has a 2.1 td int ratio.

Lock will get excuses for everything. I just read the comments and laugh.

in six games with three against the worst teams in the league

weird how teddys ints started when he started playing better teams

weird how teds best career high TDs is what 16

a 8 year vet with starting experience best he can do is 15 tds

lock has started 18 games , played 17

17… with all the issues of the covid year, learning a new offense and you think your the all seeing qb expert

that can compound that with the fact he came into the league as a project with the least amount of pro game readiness in his draft

and come up with he sucks

your the type that would have given up on allen, elway, favre… and qb that didnt look like a star instantly

sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

This thread is funny. Y’all debating chicken poop and pig poop to see which would taste better.

The reality is that Teddy is a middling, journeyman quarterback at best. And it doesn’t appear we are going to get his best. He was gone after one year one way or another anyway. A temporary, stop gap only meant to be used if plan A failed.

And plan A was…. Drew Lock. But he failed. I hear the argument, that 17 games is not enough time for a raw quarterback to develop. But guys, objectively he wasn’t looking like he was headed in the right direction. There wasn’t anything reassuring there to point to. I understand some of you love his potential, his swagger but he’s gotta back that up with consistent play and he didn’t.

He failed to play consistently well. He failed to go through his progressions. He failed to not fall into the bad habits again of drifting back and throwing off his back foot, getting worse with accuracy, and trusting his arm strength too much in a league where all that is very unforgiving. He failed to beat out Teddy which says less about Teddy and more about Drew.

And all of this happened because we had poop to begin with. Plan A stunk because it was about Elways inability to draft a quarterback and his reluctance to move on when it was apparent that it wasn’t working out. Same as Paxton.

And it was because as a new GM Paton wasn’t going to cross Elway at the point of the draft even though he had gold dropped into his lap in terms of shiny new quarterbacks. And you could tell that he didn’t buy in to the decision to draft Surtain when he gave some unbelievable, ridiculous answer that “Starting cornerbacks are hard to find.”

So y’all keep arguing about who the worst quarterback on the team is. I know who it is. It’s Elway. And until we get a bonafide starting quarterback on this roster, which to be clear we don’t have, this team is going to be bad.

As Adam Schefter said on the fan, coaching is not the biggest issue on this team. Show me a team in this league that is leading its division who doesn’t have a great quarterback. You can’t because it’s all about the quarterback. Nothing else is as important.
          Last edited by Humberg; 10-19-2021, 08:09 PM.
          To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post

I get what you are saying, but I disagree entirely. Lets look at QBs who's offense runs through the RB:

Cousins who has Dalvin Cook: 4265 passing yards, 35 TDs 13 INTs in 2020. Very good numbers. TDs are a touch high and nearing that 1 per game range, but really good overall.
            Tannehill who has Derek Henry - 3817 passing yards 33 TDs 7 INTs in 2020. Outstanding numbers.
            Mayfield who has Chubb / Hunt - 3563 Passing Yards 26 TD's 8 INTs in 2020. Solid numbers. Not quite 2 TDs a game but almost there.
            Bridgewatet who didn't have CMC in 2020 stealing touches 3734 Passing Yards 15 TDs 11 INTs. pretty bad. TDs are not even 1 per game. His ball protection was sub par also. The threw the 9th most TDs of any QB last year.

The above all have running backs who are the focal point of the offense. They are not struggling to produce offensively. Why does Teddy get a pass? I didn't even bother posting Bree's numbers from NO from what he did with Kamara cause that would just be cruel. Teddy doesn't have an excuse. He plays the game ultra safe and as a result he cannot score enough to beat opponents reliably. Its been his MO his entire career. As i said in my previous posts, He hasn't averaged over 1 td a game his entire career. That is HORRIBLE.

As for your critique of Lock. I agree. Dude is a work in progress. I just don't understand the mind set of a coach who signs up to take a career underachiever and make him the starting QB over trying to fix the mental game of a dude who has all the physical attributes. Teddy has peaked. We will never know what lock could have been.
            I may not have been clear in my earlier post -- Bridgewater played on offenses designed to go through a HOF-caliber RB who then got injured fairly early in the season. This happened with both Adrian Peterson and Christian McCaffrey. So they had to scramble to redesign the offense without the personnel to do it, especially on the Oline, which was optimized for run-blocking rather than pass-blocking. And the red zone offenses in particular are designed to use the RB to score TDs, and now you've got to redesign them on the fly. So you get low pass TD stats. When Bridgewater was the backup in New Orleans and filling in for an injured Drew Brees this was not the case, and so Bridgewater had a 9 TDs, zero INTs stat line that year.

If the RB does not get injured then obviously that can help the QB a lot if the RB is having success, as then the QB will see lots of defenses trying to stop the run and are relatively soft against the pass. And so the QBs you cite have good numbers. (They also have very good WRs, while we're at it.)

While we're at it, Bridgewater is averaging more than 1 TD per game this year -- his stats right now are 10 TDs, 4 INTs.

You said:

I just don't understand the mind set of a coach who signs up to take a career underachiever and make him the starting QB over trying to fix the mental game of a dude who has all the physical attributes. Teddy has peaked. We will never know what lock could have been.
            Fixing the mental game is probably the hardest thing there is. The history of the NFL shows that most QBs who rely on their big rocket arms to throw to visibly-open receivers but don't have anticipation skills coming into the league fail to develop that skillset. And that's an insurmountable problem, because there are lots of routes on the route tree that aren't designed to produce visibly-open receivers with enough of a time window for the gunslinger types to get the football there in time. So the coaches can't run their full offense and have to redesign things around their QB's mental limitations, dialing up lots of deep ball passes where it's easy to tell if KJ Hamler is winning the footrace to the endzone or not and that's the definition of what being "open" is. Pretty soon the defenses get wise to that and know that the QB will almost never throw to receivers running certain kinds of routes and they can focus on the subset of routes that produce visibly open receivers. So understandably the coaches went with the guy who at least on paper could run their full offense for real.

The coaches say they haven't written off Lock and that may be true. Perhaps they think having him watch a quarterback who does have anticipation skills will give him a chance to learn those without the pressure of having to win a game every week. And it's his second year in the Shurmur offense so hopefully he doesn't have to learn the playbook at the same time and can focus more on anticipation, footwork and reading defenses so his mental processing speed improves.

Comment

in six games with three against the worst teams in the league

weird how teddys ints started when he started playing better teams

weird how teds best career high TDs is what 16

a 8 year vet with starting experience best he can do is 15 tds

lock has started 18 games , played 17

17… with all the issues of the covid year, learning a new offense and you think your the all seeing qb expert

that can compound that with the fact he came into the league as a project with the least amount of pro game readiness in his draft

and come up with he sucks

your the type that would have given up on allen, elway, favre… and qb that didnt look like a star instantly

Blah blah blah blah blah.....excuse excuse excuse

Weird how covid ONLY affected Drew Lock

weird how lock only played in 13 games and lead the league in ints

Weird how lock had a streak of like 12 straight games with a TO

Weird how his completion % is like 56%

Weird how Hebert and Burrow came in without a preseason and balled and lock couldn't

Weird how lock footwork still suck and throws off his back foot.

When drew lock came out EVERYONE. Thought we might take him at 10 but we traded with Pittsburgh. Now he is just some huge project.

lmao lock supporters love "Josh allen" and bring this once in a blue moon players. Allen showed improvement every year he was in the league....tds and comp % went up each year lock has not. But yall go right ahead and kept bringing up allen and favre. In today's NFL is it sooooooo much easier to play than in the past. But go ahead keep thinking we can catch lightning in a bottle with Lock.

BTW my qb track record is very good....hence why I have always said lock is and will not be that dude. I don't have fan goggles on or think just bc he is a Bronco he will succeed.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                This thread is funny. Y’all debating chicken poop and pig poop to see which would taste better.

The reality is that Teddy is a middling, journeyman quarterback at best. And it doesn’t appear we are going to get his best. He was gone after one year one way or another anyway. A temporary, stop gap only meant to be used if plan A failed.

And plan A was…. Drew Lock. But he failed. I hear the argument, that 17 games is not enough time for a raw quarterback to develop. But guys, objectively he wasn’t looking like he was headed in the right direction. There wasn’t anything reassuring there to point to. I understand some of you love his potential, his swagger but he’s gotta back that up with consistent play and he didn’t.

He failed to play consistently well. He failed to go through his progressions. He failed to not fall into the bad habits again of drifting back and throwing off his back foot, getting worse with accuracy, and trusting his arm strength too much in a league where all that is very unforgiving. He failed to beat out Teddy which says less about Teddy and more about Drew.

And all of this happened because we had poop to begin with. Plan A stunk because it was about Elways inability to draft a quarterback and his reluctance to move on when it was apparent that it wasn’t working out. Same as Paxton.

And it was because as a new GM Paton wasn’t going to cross Elway at the point of the draft even though he had gold dropped into his lap in terms of shiny new quarterbacks. And you could tell that he didn’t buy in to the decision to draft Surtain when he gave some unbelievable, ridiculous answer that “Starting cornerbacks are hard to find.”

So y’all keep arguing about who the worst quarterback on the team is. I know who it is. It’s Elway. And until we get a bonafide starting quarterback on this roster, which to be clear we don’t have, this team is going to be bad.

As Adam Schefter said on the fan, coaching is not the biggest issue on this team. Show me a team in this league that is leading its division who doesn’t have a great quarterback. You can’t because it’s all about the quarterback. Nothing else is as important.
                I totally agree with everything you said. But just want to make clear. I'm not a have of Teddy either. Never wanted him in the first place. There are countless threads that proves that.

I too agree 100% the ONLY reason Paton didn't take a qb was bc of Elway. many may say that's not true but I'm with the other side that believes Paton could do anything BUT take a qb.

I agree with the coaching thing. Winning covers up a lot and when we had Peyton he was able to cover mishaps on offense and defense. The good teams have good qbs

You take Andy Reid of kc and their still a good team but if you take the qb mahomes off k.c they will suck

Same goes with dak Prescott "which was another qb I wanted and said would be good"....Mike ain't coaching crap in Dallas if you take him away from Dallas they are still 5-1, but if you take Dak off they are 1-5

That's why I am and will ALWAYS say until get a 1st qb and be a team that is aggressive and goes up in the draft and get their guy. We will be the middle of the pack team.

Comment

Bridgewater playing bad doesn’t make Lock good. If Lock wouldn’t have lost the starting job he would be playing.

Keep going with the excuses for Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Bridgewater playing bad doesn’t make Lock good. If Lock wouldn’t have lost the starting job he would be playing.

Keep going with the excuses for Lock.
                    Preach.....right on......^^^^ 100% F.A.C.T.S

Comment

Wait if Lock plays this year here are the future excuses

1. He missed so many valuable reps bc of Teddy
                      2. Pat Shurmur doesn't know how to call a game
                      3. They need to call more Bootlegs
                      4. They kilt his confidence
                      5. His timing with the wrs is off bc he hasn't played
                      6. Coivd is still impacting him
                      7. We don't have a deep threat to use Lock arm
                      8. Kj is gone for the season
                      9. The o-line is not giving him any time to throw
                      10. The def is not helping him out

Just to name a few lol, I could easily name 90 more excuses Lock supporters will use if he gets the chance to win. Oh but wait

11. Let him start a full season
                      12. Give him time to grow like Josh Allen did.
                      13. He needs time to develop he was a project
                      14. Courtland is not the same wr
                      15. We not establishing the run

I seriously can go on. I truly hope he starts so people can see he sucks and we can MOVE ON!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        Wait if Lock plays this year here are the future excuses

1. He missed so many valuable reps bc of Teddy
                        2. Pat Shurmur doesn't know how to call a game
                        3. They need to call more Bootlegs
                        4. They kilt his confidence
                        5. His timing with the wrs is off bc he hasn't played
                        6. Coivd is still impacting him
                        7. We don't have a deep threat to use Lock arm
                        8. Kj is gone for the season
                        9. The o-line is not giving him any time to throw
                        10. The def is not helping him out

Just to name a few lol, I could easily name 90 more excuses Lock supporters will use if he gets the chance to win. Oh but wait

11. Let him start a full season
                        12. Give him time to grow like Josh Allen did.
                        13. He needs time to develop he was a project
                        14. Courtland is not the same wr
                        15. We not establishing the run

I seriously can go on. I truly hope he starts so people can see he sucks and we can MOVE ON!!!!!!!!
                        This is great! Sums up 1000+ posts about Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Love the opening comment and agree with everything.

It’s not that there aren’t other players who’ve executed poorly, but it starts with the QB. Think about how many times the defense played from bad field position because of turnovers and 3 and outs. Returning punts from inside the 10-15 yard line because the offense can’t move the ball. The defense gets some stops but the offense almost always starts with poor field position.

How many defenders are injured because they’re on the field too much? Can’t quantify the number but they’re on the field too much.

Being critical of Bridgewater and Lock doesn’t mean Shurmur doesn’t play a role, but at some point your guys have to make plays. Shurmur isn’t overthrowing receivers. Shurmur isn’t drifting back in the pocket and taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away. Shurmur didn’t fumble on a run, nor did he throw the INTs. I’m not saying we don’t need a better OC. The fact is that we don’t have good quarterbacks.

I remember Matt Moore signed off the street a week before the Chiefs-Broncos game in 2019. He carved up the Broncos in Denver after only being on the roster a week.

Nothing against Bridgewater or Lock, both likable guys. They just don’t have what it takes to compete consistently. They’ll play a good game now and then but not nearly enough to contend for the AFC West.

Comment

I was disappointed
                            he didn't play better against the Ravens.
                            (I thought it was a good opportunity to show he can do it)

Comment

The Lock experiment is over here. It failed on many levels for many reasons. Lock didn’t do enough to impress and the organization is too dense to develop properly anyway.

Clean slate for 2022.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                The Lock experiment is over here. It failed on many levels for many reasons. Lock didn’t do enough to impress and the organization is too dense to develop properly anyway.

Clean slate for 2022.
                                Yes with the draft of the qb.

Comment

Working...
                                X