Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yes with the draft of the qb.
    Yes, but a lot depends on the organization. We need an offensive modern minded HC to pair with him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Yes, but a lot depends on the organization. We need an offensive modern minded HC to pair with him.
      Yes, and a little patience because there will be growing pains at first. It does need to be a QB that can extend lots of plays, but leads by work example. It will take some buy in by a team that expects to win, but haven't put the execution in to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Yes, and a little patience because there will be growing pains at first. It does need to be a QB that can extend lots of plays, but leads by work example. It will take some buy in by a team that expects to win, but haven't put the execution in to do so.
        For sure. Patience and commitment kind of go hand in hand. Can’t just scrap it right away. I would love to see at least a 3 year plan with an offensive minded HC and the QB of his choice. No more changing out washed up vet QBs every stinking year. No more retread old fashioned coaches.
        sigpic

Comment

The dude can play. I won't be watching anymore of Bridgewater.

I'm done until they start Lock or get a different QB.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

I 1000% agree Drew like can play..

Play like he is an actual good qb....lmao

Take his but to the Canada league and become a legend for sure.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I 1000% agree Drew like can play..

Play like he is an actual good qb....lmao

Take his but to the Canada league and become a legend for sure.
              If you watch it there's the same play teddy threw a pick on. He puts it right in there for six.

Tired of the dink and dunk aww shucks I'ma swell dude crap
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Teddy was never going to be the answer. Drew likely isn't either but he deserved to start. Hopefully he gets in there soon so they can evaluate him more before the off-season. I really don't know where this team finds a QB. Do they take a flyer on another rookie? Trade for Cousins or Gorrapolo? A lot of changes need to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter's Moon View Post
                  Teddy was never going to be the answer. Drew likely isn't either but he deserved to start. Hopefully he gets in there soon so they can evaluate him more before the off-season. I really don't know where this team finds a QB. Do they take a flyer on another rookie? Trade for Cousins or Gorrapolo? A lot of changes need to be made.
                  I want him to start too so he can throw ints...throw off his back foot....lose more games.....we have a high draft pick for, you guessed it "QUARTERBACK"
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I want him to start too so he can throw ints...throw off his back foot....lose more games.....we have a high draft pick for, you guessed it "QUARTERBACK"
                    I agree. I don't think either QB is good. It doesn't look like this is a good QB class though but you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

It's not Bridgewater, it's Shurmur's offensive scheme. He turned Eli Manning, Sam Bradford, Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy into the same type of checkdown artist passer throwing short of the sticks on third down and calling super-predictable, boring plays over and over. I researched what other teams said about Shurmur when they had him and wrote a detailed post on what I found here:

Pat Shurmur was awful today

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...74#post8379474.

Toward the end of that post I cited an article noting that players failed to develop under Shurmur. Perhaps that is true of Lock as well. He's under contract next season and maybe someone else can develop him. I have an open mind about it.

What is objectively true though is that Teddy Bridgewater won the QB competition fairly during the preseason and it's very clear from a detailed analysis of the passing patterns of the two QBs that Teddy is using the full playbook while Lock is, ahem, *locking* onto his first read, and so he has a pronounced pattern of throwing passes to the left side of the field, which becomes clear when the statisticians chart where they're throwing the ball. (It may also be that the OC is simplifying Lock's reads by concentrating them on one half of the field, or that Lock is pre-deciding before the snap that he's throwing to Sutton, etc.) If a defensive coordinator spots that pattern, it will be easy to mess up Lock by disguising defenses with superficially balanced coverages that then shift toward the left side of the field during the play. See this analysis of the preseason pass distribution of the two quarterbacks here, and note especially the part further down in the article where Lock's throwing-to-the-left pattern gets even worse on third and fourth down:

Inside the Numbers: Why Teddy Bridgewater Won the Broncos QB Battle

https://www.the33rdteam.com/inside-t...y-bridgewater/

Patterns like that aren't obvious from highlight reels or stats but they would be obvious to the QB coach and the OC. As well as any decent opposing DC. If longtime DC Vince Fangio can see a simple but effective strategy that DCs can use to ruin Lock's afternoon then he's going to start Bridgewater. That's just how it is. And he's not going to lay that out in the presser explaining why he's starting Bridgewater, because if Bridgewater gets injured and he has to put Lock in the game, he doesn't want opposing teams to know how to stop Lock, so you'll get a lot of coachspeak about Bridgewater being more mature etc.

Now, just because Bridgewater can run the playbook better than Lock can, it does not necessarily follow that the playbook is any good. Which is what we're seeing with Shurmur's playcalling tendencies, which turn every QB he's ever coached into a checkdown machine throwing short of the sticks on third down. The plays in the first half of the game tend to be the most scripted by the OC, and it's precisely those scripted plays that aren't producing much yardage or points. Which should tell you whose fault it is. Fangio calling out the coaches at his presser the other day is confirmation of that.
                      Last edited by CasualFan; 10-24-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CasualFan View Post

It's not Bridgewater, it's Shurmur's offensive scheme. He turned Eli Manning, Sam Bradford, Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy into the same type of checkdown artist passer throwing short of the sticks on third down and calling super-predictable, boring plays over and over. I researched what other teams said about Shurmur when they had him and wrote a detailed post on what I found here:

Pat Shurmur was awful today

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...74#post8379474.

Toward the end of that post I cited an article noting that players failed to develop under Shurmur. Perhaps that is true of Lock as well. He's under contract next season and maybe someone else can develop him. I have an open mind about it.

What is objectively true though is that Teddy Bridgewater won the QB competition fairly during the preseason and it's very clear from a detailed analysis of the passing patterns of the two QBs that Teddy is using the full playbook while Lock is, ahem, *locking* onto his first read, and so he has a pronounced pattern of throwing passes to the left side of the field, which becomes clear when the statisticians chart where they're throwing the ball. (It may also be that the OC is simplifying Lock's reads by concentrating them on one half of the field, or that Lock is pre-deciding before the snap that he's throwing to Sutton, etc.) If a defensive coordinator spots that pattern, it will be easy to mess up Lock by disguising defenses with superficially balanced coverages that then shift toward the left side of the field during the play. See this analysis of the preseason pass distribution of the two quarterbacks here, and note especially the part further down in the article where Lock's throwing-to-the-left pattern gets even worse on third and fourth down:

Inside the Numbers: Why Teddy Bridgewater Won the Broncos QB Battle

https://www.the33rdteam.com/inside-t...y-bridgewater/

Patterns like that aren't obvious from highlight reels or stats but they would be obvious to the QB coach and the OC. As well as any decent opposing DC. If longtime DC Vince Fangio can see a simple but effective strategy that DCs can use to ruin Lock's afternoon then he's going to start Bridgewater. That's just how it is. And he's not going to lay that out in the presser explaining why he's starting Bridgewater, because if Bridgewater gets injured and he has to put Lock in the game, he doesn't want opposing teams to know how to stop Lock, so you'll get a lot of coachspeak about Bridgewater being more mature etc.

Now, just because Bridgewater can run the playbook better than Lock can, it does not necessarily follow that the playbook is any good. Which is what we're seeing with Shurmur's playcalling tendencies, which turn every QB he's ever coached into a checkdown machine throwing short of the sticks on third down. The plays in the first half of the game tend to be the most scripted by the OC, and it's precisely those scripted plays that aren't producing much yardage or points. Which should tell you whose fault it is. Fangio calling out the coaches at his presser the other day is confirmation of that.

Thus the exact reason why I wanted him fired Last Year. Pat is calling the same exact plays year after year. Pat never calls plays that would actually work from start to finish ever. Pat does not call plays that would help the Players like short crossing paths, rb screens, Dig Routes, Using your weapons correctly like J. Williams aka running the ball the entire game when your rbs are averaging 6.0 ypc. Instead he just calls one run play and 10 long bombs in a row that we all know the QB they have cannot even make a 5 yards pass. LOL 😂. I wanted this clown fired last year because of the Putrid offense last year however once again the clowns 🤡 running this team are just so clueless that is literally comical.

Comment

• This will be Teddy's last game as our starter. After Washington destroys us Fangio will be forced to go back to Lock

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter's Moon View Post
                            thats the real question isnt it?

According to some, finding a good qb in the draft should be easy.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Never.....root for a loss.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Never.....root for a loss.
                                If its for the betterment of the future...

Ummm yea sorry not sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X