No announcement yet.

We are gonna learn about Paton soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys really don't think Elway pulls Paton's strings?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMax View Post
      Elway is the puppet master 🙄
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl
      Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

Paton was in high demand. I don't think he would have come here to be a yes man for a failing GM. I am sure John has input, but I don't think he's making decisions for Paton.

Comment

I suppose it will be super obvious this offseason. If Paton just says the same things we’ve heard for 5 years and we end up with a lame conservative defensive HC and another mediocre vet QB, then we’ll know for sure.

I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt. If we just end up in the same old situation, then I’ll be pretty disinterested.

sigpic

Comment

Time to make a deal for Deshawn Watson...give them 2 first round picks, von miller and fant
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Time to make a deal for Deshawn Watson...give them 2 first round picks, von miller and fant
              That offer can burn in hell!!!
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

That offer can burn in hell!!!
                I am on record as being a supporter of getting Watson, though his character issues do stink. That said 2 first plus Von and Fant is not feasible at all. They don't need all of that and shouldn't get that much either to move Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

I am on record as being a supporter of getting Watson, though his character issues do stink. That said 2 first plus Von and Fant is not feasible at all. They don't need all of that and shouldn't get that much either to move Watson.
                  I don’t want that guy, with or without the accusations. No need to touch that problem until after the legal issues are cleared.
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

At this point, I wouldn't consider any player as safe. Without knowing the future philosophy, I'm not sure what I want them to do. I won't cry for any player who gets traded, even though I like a lot of the Broncos players and I think there is a lot of talent.

If they think Rogers is the get-able solution then they need to do what ever it takes to improve the O-line. The skill players are solid, even if they lose 1 or 2 before next season. Then, they need to really evaluate the defense. They are considerably worse than anyone expected. But, overall, if they add Rogers, then I would salvage as much of the roster as possible. Off-field, I'm not a Rogers fan but I think his level of play and ability to force better performance from team-mates can rescue this roster. BTW, my first choice for QB solution is Russell Wilson but that's a different topic.

However, if they can't get Rogers - then I hope for a massive overhaul. Too many of the 2nd contract players seem to lack any expectation for winning football games (a result of multiple soul-sucking seasons, I'm sure) and thus accept the loss and comfortably go about their lives. Many of the longer term vets are either on 1 season deals or have hit their career twilight, often after playing with many teams. So, they don't appear to have enough invested in the Broncos culture to make winning, the highest priority. The rookie contract players are falling victim to the mentality of the previous groups and accepting that as long as they are working hard, that's all they can do and losing just happens. For the record, I think the players practice and play hard, individually. But this is a group of individuals, it does not look like a team to me.

The culture at Dove Valley is broken, regardless of what is said during press conferences. I think the effort is there. I think the players want to win. BUT, when they lose, they just accept it. No one seems actually upset during the losing or after the losing. And, no one ever looks like they expect to win.

The absence of ownership is the 1st problem. Players watch the The Trust steal paychecks for years, with no accountability. 2nd: Elway/Football ops operate with complete autonomy even when they must realize they are mediocre at finding player talent and terrible at finding coaches/QBs. Again, they answer to no one. Coaching has been terrible since Shanahan (and a few years of Mike's reign). If Peyton hadn't essentially coached/ran the offense and demanded a winning mindset, Denver would not have sniffed another Super Bowl. Admittedly, this was equaled by D. Ware and Phillips etc on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm ready to find an owner, flush everyone, start over. That said, regardless of what happens, I'll still be cheering for Bronco wins every Sunday.

Sorry, rant over.
                    Last edited by Broncos1963; 10-19-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

So we release Von and trade Chubb and who exactly is rushing the passer? I mean you think the pass rush is bad now....
                      Well, it ain’t Chubb. He’s never on the field. Trade him and get what we can get for him now.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Was Paton responsible for dropping Benson? I would again like to state my annoyance on that move.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Well, it ain’t Chubb. He’s never on the field. Trade him and get what we can get for him now.
                          I really wonder if Chubb would be better as a 4-3 DE like he was at NC State. Outside linebacker in a 3-4 doesn't seem to fit him. He's a bigger guy at 6'4", 275 lbs.

Comment

Paton needs to be using this year to do a thorough search for a head coach for 2022. I wouldn't be opposed to him hiring some consultants like Korn-Ferry to assist him in uncovering a great candidate. I believe that's the consulting firm the Rams hired which recommended Sean McVay as a candidate. I don't want to see the lazy approach we've had around here in recent years with Elway picking coaches.

Paton's most important acquisition this offseason is going to be the coach he hires for 2022. I'm confident that he will conduct a thorough search, but I don't want to see another bad coaching hire that's going to cost us 2-3 more years. I personally think we need to hire a coach that can develop a QB. You need the GM-coach-QB triumvirate to be successful in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                              Paton needs to be using this year to do a thorough search for a head coach for 2022. I wouldn't be opposed to him hiring some consultants like Korn-Ferry to assist him in uncovering a great candidate. I believe that's the consulting firm the Rams hired which recommended Sean McVay as a candidate. I don't want to see the lazy approach we've had around here in recent years with Elway picking coaches.

Paton's most important acquisition this offseason is going to be the coach he hires for 2022. I'm confident that he will conduct a thorough search, but I don't want to see another bad coaching hire that's going to cost us 2-3 more years. I personally think we need to hire a coach that can develop a QB. You need the GM-coach-QB triumvirate to be successful in the NFL.
                              Nail on the head. Modern offensive minded HC in lockstep with the GM and a QB they commit to. That is the modern formula.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I really wonder if Chubb would be better as a 4-3 DE like he was at NC State. Outside linebacker in a 3-4 doesn't seem to fit him. He's a bigger guy at 6'4", 275 lbs.
                                Yes, I think this is the way. I don’t like it when teams try to convert a guy his size to OLB.
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X