Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Humberg View Post

    First, Fields is so much more talented than any quarterback we’ve had post Manning...
    Dude, I just wanted to tell you your posts have been great and the reason I come here. I don't even agree with you all the time but you put in the work and you're well spoken.

    Cheers!
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • Although he blew his first draft pick and retained the very obviously worst head coach in the league, the trades this week were nothing short of awesome.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ltsft View Post
        Although he blew his first draft pick and retained the very obviously worst head coach in the league, the trades this week were nothing short of awesome.
        How is Patrick Surtain a bad pick? Someone please explain this to me.. Surtain is a beast he will likely be year in and out pro bowler and all pro. I dont see why this was a bad pick. Denver got one of the best players in this draft class.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

          How is Patrick Surtain a bad pick? Someone please explain this to me.. Surtain is a beast he will likely be year in and out pro bowler and all pro. I dont see why this was a bad pick. Denver got one of the best players in this draft class.
          I think people who wanted a quarterback say it’s a bad pick because it’s always better to take the quarterback.

          It’s not about Surtain not being worthy of the pick.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

            I think people who wanted a quarterback say it’s a bad pick because it’s always better to take the quarterback.

            It’s not about Surtain not being worthy of the pick.
            Denver passed on Justin Fields? Thank god we did he looks awful and a bust like most Ohio State QB's that come out. The only QB we missed on that I liked is Mac Jones who looks like best rookie QB year one.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

              Denver passed on Justin Fields? Thank god we did he looks awful and a bust like most Ohio State QB's that come out. The only QB we missed on that I liked is Mac Jones who looks like best rookie QB year one.
              I think people who hate on Fields seem to have a vested interest in him failing. Only time will tell if he succeeds or fails.

              As far as first year production goes among the rookie quarterbacks, having Mac Jones would certainly be better than having Surtain.

              I wasn’t big on Jones but once I actually heard a qualified pundit say that his arm strength was better than what was being said, I was more open to the idea of drafting him. I was ignoring the people who were saying arm strength isn’t important because that’s a load of crap.

              Jones might actually be a quarterback that Shurmur can work with. I think he would have zero clues as to how to help Justin Fields. Once the Bears get a better coach and GM, Fields might turn into a superstar.

              The point remains though that no one is saying Surtain wasn’t worthy of the pick. It’s just always smarter to take the quarterback if you’re going to give up on the one you already have. I think it’s obvious they went into the draft knowing they were giving up on Lock. There’s just no way you make Teddy the starter unless Lock showed no improvement. He did show improvement and should have been named the starter.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

                Denver passed on Justin Fields? Thank god we did he looks awful and a bust like most Ohio State QB's that come out. The only QB we missed on that I liked is Mac Jones who looks like best rookie QB year one.
                A few ppl here swear by Fields and assume he'd be great regardless of who the coaches are for the Broncos.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

                  A few ppl here swear by Fields and assume he'd be great regardless of who the coaches are for the Broncos.
                  Right 10 char
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

                    Denver passed on Justin Fields? Thank god we did he looks awful and a bust like most Ohio State QB's that come out. The only QB we missed on that I liked is Mac Jones who looks like best rookie QB year one.
                    A bust in what 4 games really??? He didn't have offseason 1st strings like 3 of the 4 qbs did. He has not played in as many games has just as many wins.

                    When Surtain be the reason we win a game let me know. You should never judge so soon.

                    Mac Jones is surrounded with great coaching...the best oline, best t.e. tandem in the league, good run game and had the luxury to play the jets and the Dolphins twice a year.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

                      Denver passed on Justin Fields? Thank god we did he looks awful and a bust like most Ohio State QB's that come out. The only QB we missed on that I liked is Mac Jones who looks like best rookie QB year one.
                      Everybody knew Jones was the most pro ready. Everybody also knew he has the lowest ceiling. He's not going to get much better than what you are seeing now. Field and Lawrence are going to be special.

                      PS2 looks legit, but he will never be more than the 5th most important player on any team.
                      Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

                      Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

                      "It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                        Everybody knew Jones was the most pro ready. Everybody also knew he has the lowest ceiling. He's not going to get much better than what you are seeing now. Field and Lawrence are going to be special.

                        PS2 looks legit, but he will never be more than the 5th most important player on any team.
                        Meh agree to disagree. I don't see Jones as lowest ceiling I know others said that but that's just lazy with evaluation players. I have huge questions marks on both Fields and Trevor Lawrence not sure either pan out wouldn't surprise me. I think this QB class was super overrated time will only tell.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                          A bust in what 4 games really??? He didn't have offseason 1st strings like 3 of the 4 qbs did. He has not played in as many games has just as many wins.

                          When Surtain be the reason we win a game let me know. You should never judge so soon.

                          Mac Jones is surrounded with great coaching...the best oline, best t.e. tandem in the league, good run game and had the luxury to play the jets and the Dolphins twice a year.
                          Justin Fields can't read defenses his process are so slow the game is way too fast for him right now his reads are always off with processing information. Tell me how good Patriots were last year with Cam Netwon at the helm and what their record was.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

                            Everybody knew Jones was the most pro ready. Everybody also knew he has the lowest ceiling. He's not going to get much better than what you are seeing now. Field and Lawrence are going to be special.

                            PS2 looks legit, but he will never be more than the 5th most important player on any team.
                            I mean...he's a DB so year. 1. QB 2. RB 3. WR 4. Edge Rusher 5. DB
                            Sounds about normal.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

                            Comment


                            • [QUOTE=Chillez;n8381625]

                              Justin Fields can't read defenses his process are so slow the game is way too fast for him right now his reads are always off with processing information. Tell me how good Patriots were last year with Cam Netwon at the helm and what their record was. [/QUOT

                              Are you kidding me. Cam didn't have crap to throw to. All the the wrs and te and rbs are basically new for the pats and him catching covid...not having all the players of def that decided not to play. You are delusional if you can't see that. I bet Mac Jones was on Chicago I wonder how he would look. You kinda hold on to the ball when no one is getting open and Robinson is being double and you have no one else to throw too. I bet if the two team switched oline and lets see who would look better.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Chillez View Post

                                Justin Fields can't read defenses his process are so slow the game is way too fast for him right now his reads are always off with processing information. Tell me how good Patriots were last year with Cam Netwon at the helm and what their record was.
                                So untrue. I wonder why you think that though....
                                -Bronco in UT


                                While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                                Helll of a post

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X