Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

First, Fields is so much more talented than any quarterback we’ve had post Manning. So it’s hard to agree with you because it would be so much different than what we’ve had here.
    In terms of physical talent even PM would probably say he is more talented that PM. PM was very fort coming on his physical limitations as a QB.

There is a reason Fields was the 4th QB drafted tho.

Jamarcus Russell was also a very talented QB.

Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      If he was being HONEST then yes Paton needs to go.

From his presser: I believe in Vic Fangio
      I took this job to work with Vic
      We like what Bridgewater is doing
      We're not rebuilding
      We're still in the "thick" of it

but I think these are just the dreaded votes of confidence
      He was being a good team mate. Good teams do not voice their inner struggles to the public during the season.

Voicing all the teams struggles mid-season while in a press conference about trading a player of Von Miller's stature is how one starts to build a toxic culture in the team.

These are professionals trying to compete and win football games. This is how they talk.

Lets Ride!

Comment

• He unloaded the unproductive face of the franchise, nothing else needs to be said. Any functional person knows at this point what comes next, look at actions not media speak.

Comment

Dude, I just wanted to tell you your posts have been great and the reason I come here. I don't even agree with you all the time but you put in the work and you're well spoken.

Cheers!
          Right back at ya. I know we don’t always agree but I can always count on a healthy, intelligent discussion with you and others here. The team may be in disarray, but we have one of the best fan boards going.

To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

In terms of physical talent even PM would probably say he is more talented that PM. PM was very fort coming on his physical limitations as a QB.

Very true. Obviously, Manning was so talented from an intellectual and decision making standpoint, his work ethic and understanding of the game. Amazing what he accomplished given his physical talent.

As far as the Russell example, while talented quarterbacks that go bust are a dime a dozen, I still contend that you have to consistently keep going to the well despite the risk if you want water. And the well for me is the first round of the draft, no other venue offers as high a likelihood of finding a good quarterback, so it baffles me to have seen the team take the approach that they have.
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

So untrue. I wonder why you think that though....
              I don't. We know it's not true. It's very funny tho.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Wow really...I guess there was a reason baker Mayfield and Zach wilson shot up the boards too. Rise and falls don't make them NFL right.

Ryan leaf also was a very talented QB.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

He was being a good team mate. Good teams do not voice their inner struggles to the public during the season.

Voicing all the teams struggles mid-season while in a press conference about trading a player of Von Miller's stature is how one starts to build a toxic culture in the team.

These are professionals trying to compete and win football games. This is how they talk.
                  Like I said, IF he was being honest.

And he wasn't. Also, his body language when he said this team is 4-4 and it feels like 1-7 told me the whole story. That was Patons PR speak for "this team is overachieving".

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I agree. If we judged every coach/player/Exec for exactly what they say in pressers, I think we would be susceptible to swampland sales.

Comment

• On the topic of Paton has to go,.. I don't see it right now. Not drafting Justin Fields hurts, I still think he didn't really have a choice on that though. Drafting Williams in the second round looks like a pretty darn good move. When healthy we have had some really solid players brought in since last year. Every team has FA overpaid guys that don't perform as good as advertised. I want to see if we can seriously upgrade QB talent next year and then change coaching. If none of that happens, Paton should go. He certainly didn't hurt us with trade deadline moves this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Very true. Obviously, Manning was so talented from an intellectual and decision making standpoint, his work ethic and understanding of the game. Amazing what he accomplished given his physical talent.

As far as the Russell example, while talented quarterbacks that go bust are a dime a dozen, I still contend that you have to consistently keep going to the well despite the risk if you want water. And the well for me is the first round of the draft, no other venue offers as high a likelihood of finding a good quarterback, so it baffles me to have seen the team take the approach that they have.
                        The well I keep going to is the Broncos, and other teams, have a team of people working on who to draft. Each of those people easily put more effort into researching these players than fans who probably watch a few videos.

There is no perfect system for drafting a super bowl winning Qb. Most of the Qbs since Elway retired who went to the SB were not first round draft picks. A couple were not even drafted. One was drafted so late (9th round) they do not even have that round anymore.

There is a lot of nuisances behind this. On the topic of drafting a qb it is far from an exact science.
                        Lets Ride!

Comment

Like I said, IF he was being honest.

And he wasn't. Also, his body language when he said this team is 4-4 and it feels like 1-7 told me the whole story. That was Patons PR speak for "this team is overachieving".
                          There are a lot of details I think fans want to see in NFL pressers but never get for many reasons. Lot of people think it hurts their competitive chances to be real about something.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Wow really...I guess there was a reason baker Mayfield and Zach wilson shot up the boards too. Rise and falls don't make them NFL right.

Ryan leaf also was a very talented QB.
                            I was going to tap on the talent of Jeff George. Not sure if people remember him so I stuck to a more recent example.

There is a very long list of 1st round qbs who could not make the cut. Part of me does not want the job of deciding which qbs should be first round picks. Part of me wonders if there is something an outsider would think to look for that is being missed.
                            Lets Ride!

Comment

• Here's what I think Paton will do this offseason if we do not have a strong finish to the season:

1) Find a new HC, OC, and possibly change other coaching parts.
                              2) Acquire his take on our future QB. (items 3 and 4 are lined to this happening)
                              3) Acquire draft picks as needed, in order to bolster this team in key positions.
                              4) Wisely use the 2nd most cap space (behind The Dolphins) to turn his vision into reality (along with the draft picks).
                              Last edited by CanDB; 11-04-2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                Here's what I think Paton will do this offseason if we do not have a strong finish to the season:

1) Find a new HC, OC, and possibly change other coaching parts.
                                2) Acquire his take on our future QB. (items 3 and 4 are lined to this happening)
                                3) Acquire draft picks as needed, in order to bolster this team in key positions.
                                4) Wisely use the 2nd most cap space (behind The Dolphins) to turn his vision into reality (along with the draft picks).
                                I really see him going after Kellen Moore.
                                I see us looking really hard at taking either Evan Neal, Charles Cross, or Trevor Penning with our first pick, then a QB with out second pick, being it trading back into the first or in the 2nd.
                                Desmond Ridder and Kenny Pickett might be the top of Paton's QB scout list.
                                Anthony Barr will be a free agent this coming offseason, with Paton having past times to Minny, wouldn't be a surprise if that's who he goes after as Von replacement.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X