Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I really see him going after Kellen Moore.
    I see us looking really hard at taking either Evan Neal, Charles Cross, or Trevor Penning with our first pick, then a QB with out second pick, being it trading back into the first or in the 2nd.
    Desmond Ridder and Kenny Pickett might be the top of Paton's QB scout list.
    Anthony Barr will be a free agent this coming offseason, with Paton having past times to Minny, wouldn't be a surprise if that's who he goes after as Von replacement.
    So Blaze.....no chance we'll be seeing Rodgers AND Adams in Broncos' uniforms next year (other than Halloween)?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

So Blaze.....no chance we'll be seeing Rodgers AND Adams in Broncos' uniforms next year (other than Halloween)?

Nope, I honestly don't see Rodgers wanting to be part of a trainwreck franchise. If he leaves, it'll be somewhere that's a contender without him that he can elevate to a Super Bowl. If Pitt moves past Ben, Rodgers to Pittsburgh wouldn't surprise me.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I see us looking really hard at taking either Evan Neal, Charles Cross, or Trevor Penning with our first pick, then a QB with out second pick, being it trading back into the first or in the 2nd.
        Anthony Barr will be a free agent this coming offseason, with Paton having past times to Minny, wouldn't be a surprise if that's who he goes after as Von replacement.
        Kellen Moore sounds possible. Like your thinking on all of this. Just not sure that he can wait til round 2 for a QB, if that's the route he's taking long term. If by the draft, prefer QB then possibly OT.

Comment

• Still not sure about all the damage Paton has done.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-idea-gif-5.gif
Views:	128
Size:	658.3 KB
ID:	8381714

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Still not sure about all the damage Paton has done.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-idea-gif-5.gif
Views:	128
Size:	658.3 KB
ID:	8381714
            He hasn't really done damage himself yet. The Broncos as a franchise is damaged, especially with the coaching mess and ownership.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Lol neither one of those qbs will be there I. The late first and for sure not the second.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Drafting yet another OT woooow. No thank you. We can draft on in the 2nd or three rd.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Drafting yet another OT woooow. No thank you. We can draft on in the 2nd or three rd.
                  I personally would like a high draft pick OT and a high draft pick Qb. If we win any more games we probably going to have to give all our good picks for a Qb tho
                  Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

The well I keep going to is the Broncos, and other teams, have a team of people working on who to draft. Each of those people easily put more effort into researching these players than fans who probably watch a few videos.

There is no perfect system for drafting a super bowl winning Qb. Most of the Qbs since Elway retired who went to the SB were not first round draft picks. A couple were not even drafted. One was drafted so late (9th round) they do not even have that round anymore.

There is a lot of nuisances behind this. On the topic of drafting a qb it is far from an exact science.
                    I never said I was a draft expert or suggested I be the one to do that. Simply saying that if you consider winning super bowl quarterbacks, both ever since the super bowl began and in the modern era, they are overwhelmingly first round draft picks with a few unicorns like Brady thrown in. If you are suggesting we are likely to win a super bowl without a first round quarterback starting for us, the numbers are not on your side.

And when you look at it that way, you actually don’t need to be an expert, just have a reasonable understanding of likelihood and probability.

So I don’t understand your logic. You say you will trust the Broncos team of people. That approach has gotten us the better part of a decade of failure at this exact position. Clearly they are NOT to be trusted. They clearly do NOT know what they are doing there. Saying “they know better than me” is a cop out and lacks critical consumerism and accountability.

So am I demanding the Broncos consult me next draft? Ha, no (as as fun as that would be). Am I being vocally critical of their performance and pointing out obvious high yield opportunities for getting a quarterback that any schmuck should be able to see (including many NFL and draft pundits who voice the exact same opinion that I am rendering currently)? You bet.

To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

I really think Jerruh will fire McCarthy and elevate Moore to HC before he loses him
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The well I keep going to is the Broncos, and other teams, have a team of people working on who to draft. Each of those people easily put more effort into researching these players than fans who probably watch a few videos.

There is no perfect system for drafting a super bowl winning Qb. Most of the Qbs since Elway retired who went to the SB were not first round draft picks. A couple were not even drafted. One was drafted so late (9th round) they do not even have that round anymore.

There is a lot of nuisances behind this. On the topic of drafting a qb it is far from an exact science.
                        When I read this I thought this statement about qbs that made it to the sb not being 1st rd draft was false. I did some research and it is in deed 100% FALSE.

Since 1999 to 2020 there has been 17 qbs that were draft in the 1st rd to play in the superbowl.

Since 2005 a 1st rd qb has played in EVERY sb except 2015 brady vs Wilson....you can get technical Brady vs nic foles but Carson wentz was responsible for them making it to the superbowl that year for the most part.

We not even going to go before Elway retired.

23 outta 32 teams in the NFL currently has 1st pick qbs as their starter which means almost 72% of qbs in the has 1st rd starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

When I read this I thought this statement about qbs that made it to the sb not being 1st rd draft was false. I did some research and it is in deed 100% FALSE.

Since 1999 to 2020 there has been 17 qbs that were draft in the 1st rd to play in the superbowl.

Since 2005 a 1st rd qb has played in EVERY sb except 2015 brady vs Wilson....you can get technical Brady vs nic foles but Carson wentz was responsible for them making it to the superbowl that year for the most part.

We not even going to go before Elway retired.

23 outta 32 teams in the NFL currently has 1st pick qbs as their starter which means almost 72% of qbs in the has 1st rd starters.
                          The same nit picking done with Foles/Wents can be done with Banks/Dilfer. Pretty sure Foles had more to do with Philly winning the Super Bowl than either Banks/Dilfer did on the 2000 Ravens.

Some of the other first round picks besides Dilfer....Grossman....Joe Flacco.

In the last 22 Super Bowls 23 of the Qbs were NOT drafted in the 1st round. 1 was drafted in round 9. 4 were not drafted at all.

52.3% of the Qbs to play in Super Bowls since Elway retired were not drafted in the first round.

3 Qbs played in Super Bowls with different teams. Only one of them was a first round draft pick. One of them was undrafted. Other round 6.

Of the Super Bowls since Elway retired the chances are better in the first round compared to other round individually. While the 1st round is not more than 50% it is close to 50% at 47.7%. No other round or undrafted even cracks 10%.

If we go back to the Montana (not a first round draft pick) years it is kind of impressive that the SF 49ers have gone to the Super Bowl with 4 different Qbs ( 1 was technically a 1st round pick ... Steve Young but it was supplemental draft)

Lets Ride!

Comment

• While trying to find information I found this. All the Qbs in the Super Bowl era to be drafted in the 1st round.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uper-bowl-era/

Bears (five): Mitchell Trubisky (2017); Rex Grossman (2003); Cade McNown (1999); Jim Harbaugh (1987); Jim McMahon (1982).

Bengals (six): Joe Burrow (2020); Carson Palmer (2003); Akili Smith (1999); David Klinger (1992); Jack Thompson (1979); Greg Cook (1969).

Bills (four): Josh Allen (2018); EJ Manuel (2013); J.P. Losman (2004); Jim Kelly (1983).

Broncos (four): Paxton Lynch (2016); Tim Tebow (2010); Jay Cutler (2006); Tommy Maddox (1992).

Browns (seven): Baker Mayfield (2018); Johnny Manziel (2014); Brandon Weeden (2012); Brady Quinn (2007); Tim Couch (1999); Bernie Kosar (1985 supplemental); Mike Phipps (1970).

Buccaneers (five): Jameis Winston (2015); Josh Freeman (2009); Trent Dilfer (1994); Vinny Testaverde (1987); Doug Williams (1978).

Colts (six): Andrew Luck (2012); Peyton Manning (1998); Jeff George (1990); John Elway (1983); Art Schlicter (1982); Bert Jones (1973).

Cardinals (six): Kyler Murray (2019); Josh Rosen (2018); Matt Leinart (2006); Timm Rosenbach (1989 supplemental); Kelly Stouffer (1987); Steve Pisarkiewicz (1977).

Chargers (four): Justin Herbert (2020); Eli Manning (2004); Ryan Leaf (1998); Marty Domres (1969).

Chiefs (three): Patrick Mahomes (2017); Todd Blackledge (1983); Steve Fuller (1979).

Cowboys (two): Troy Aikman (1989); Steve Walsh (1989 supplemental).

Dolphins (five): Tua Tagovailoa (2020); Ryan Tannehill (2012); Dan Marino (1983); Bob Griese (1967); Rick Norton (1966).

Eagles (three): Carson Wentz (2016); Donovan McNabb (1999); John Reaves (1972);

Falcons (five): Matt Ryan (2008); Michael Vick (2001); Chris Miller (1987); Steve Bartowski (1975); Randy Johnson (1966).

49ers (three): Alex Smith (2005); Jim Druckenmiller (1997); Steve Spurrier (1967).

Giants (four): Daniel Jones (2019); Philip Rivers (2004); Dave Brown (1992 supplemental); Phil Simms (1979).

Jaguars (three): Blake Bortles (2013); Blaine Gabbert (2011); Byron Leftwich (2003).

Jets (five): Sam Darnold (2018); Mark Sanchez (2009); Chad Pennington (2000); Ken O’Brien (1983); Richard Todd (1976).

Lions (five): Matthew Stafford (2009); Joey Harrington (2002); Andre Ware (1990); Chuck Long (1986); Greg Landry (1968).

Packers (five): Jordan Love (2020); Aaron Rodgers (2005); Rich Campbell (1981); Jerry Tagge (1972); Don Horn (1967).

Panthers (two): Cam Newton (2011); Kerry Collins (1995).

Patriots (three): Drew Bledsoe (1993); Tony Eason (1983); Jim Plunkett (1971).

Raiders (three): JaMarcus Russell (2007); Todd Marinovich (1991); Marc Wilson (1980).

Rams (two): Jared Goff (2016); Sam Bradford (2010).

Ravens (three): Lamar Jackson (2018); Joe Flacco (2008); Kyle Boller (2003).

Saints (two): Dave Wilson (1981 supplemental); Archie Manning (1971).

Seahawks (two): Rick Mirer (1993); Dan McGwire (1991).

Steelers (three): Ben Roethlisberger (2004); Mark Malone (1980); Terry Bradshaw (1970).

Texans (two): Deshaun Watson (2017); David Carr (2002).

Titans (six): Marcus Mariota (2015); Jake Locker (2011); Vince Young (2006); Steve McNair (1995); Jim Everett (1986); Dan Pastorini (1971).

Vikings (four): Teddy Bridgewater (2014); Christian Ponder (2011); Daunte Culpepper (1999); Tommy Kramer (1977).

Washington (five): Dwayne Haskins (2019); Robert Griffin III (2012); Jason Campbell (2005); Patrick Ramsey (2002); Heath Shuler (1994).
                            Lets Ride!

Comment

The same nit picking done with Foles/Wents can be done with Banks/Dilfer. Pretty sure Foles had more to do with Philly winning the Super Bowl than either Banks/Dilfer did on the 2000 Ravens.

In the last 22 Super Bowls 23 of the Qbs were NOT drafted in the 1st round. 1 was drafted in round 9. 4 were not drafted at all.

52.3% of the Qbs to play in Super Bowls since Elway retired were not drafted in the first round.

3 Qbs played in Super Bowls with different teams. Only one of them was a first round draft pick. One of them was undrafted. Other round 6.

Of the Super Bowls since Elway retired the chances are better in the first round compared to other round individually. While the 1st round is not more than 50% it is close to 50% at 47.7%. No other round or undrafted even cracks 10%.

If we go back to the Montana (not a first round draft pick) years it is kind of impressive that the SF 49ers have gone to the Super Bowl with 4 different Qbs ( 1 was technically a 1st round pick ... Steve Young but it was supplemental draft)
                              Man your information is so wrong but ok...if you say so. I know what I put was correct.

Comment

Who was drafted in rd 9????

Comment

Working...
                                X