X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Who was drafted in rd 9????
    Brad Johnson 2002 Super Bowl with Bucs
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Man your information is so wrong but ok...if you say so. I know what I put was correct.
      Care to point out what details in my post are wrong? Because it seems like to me you just do not like what was said so assume it is wrong.

There only thing I did not track the data and keep the data was the SF having four different QBs part. I got tired and stopped at Super Bowls in the 2000s. Do not have the time to research football like I used to.
      Hadez
      Football Immortal
      Last edited by Hadez; 11-05-2021, 06:54 AM.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I my opinion, Paton needs at least 3 years, to judged on job performance? You can't really know how things will work out if you get all willy nilly after a half a season.

(I think things will get better)

I am knot abandoning the "Patonship" just yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          While trying to find information I found this. All the Qbs in the Super Bowl era to be drafted in the 1st round.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uper-bowl-era/

Bears (five): Mitchell Trubisky (2017); Rex Grossman (2003); Cade McNown (1999); Jim Harbaugh (1987); Jim McMahon (1982).

Bengals (six): Joe Burrow (2020); Carson Palmer (2003); Akili Smith (1999); David Klinger (1992); Jack Thompson (1979); Greg Cook (1969).

Bills (four): Josh Allen (2018); EJ Manuel (2013); J.P. Losman (2004); Jim Kelly (1983).

Broncos (four): Paxton Lynch (2016); Tim Tebow (2010); Jay Cutler (2006); Tommy Maddox (1992).

Browns (seven): Baker Mayfield (2018); Johnny Manziel (2014); Brandon Weeden (2012); Brady Quinn (2007); Tim Couch (1999); Bernie Kosar (1985 supplemental); Mike Phipps (1970).

Buccaneers (five): Jameis Winston (2015); Josh Freeman (2009); Trent Dilfer (1994); Vinny Testaverde (1987); Doug Williams (1978).

Colts (six): Andrew Luck (2012); Peyton Manning (1998); Jeff George (1990); John Elway (1983); Art Schlicter (1982); Bert Jones (1973).

Cardinals (six): Kyler Murray (2019); Josh Rosen (2018); Matt Leinart (2006); Timm Rosenbach (1989 supplemental); Kelly Stouffer (1987); Steve Pisarkiewicz (1977).

Chargers (four): Justin Herbert (2020); Eli Manning (2004); Ryan Leaf (1998); Marty Domres (1969).

Chiefs (three): Patrick Mahomes (2017); Todd Blackledge (1983); Steve Fuller (1979).

Cowboys (two): Troy Aikman (1989); Steve Walsh (1989 supplemental).

Dolphins (five): Tua Tagovailoa (2020); Ryan Tannehill (2012); Dan Marino (1983); Bob Griese (1967); Rick Norton (1966).

Eagles (three): Carson Wentz (2016); Donovan McNabb (1999); John Reaves (1972);

Falcons (five): Matt Ryan (2008); Michael Vick (2001); Chris Miller (1987); Steve Bartowski (1975); Randy Johnson (1966).

49ers (three): Alex Smith (2005); Jim Druckenmiller (1997); Steve Spurrier (1967).

Giants (four): Daniel Jones (2019); Philip Rivers (2004); Dave Brown (1992 supplemental); Phil Simms (1979).

Jaguars (three): Blake Bortles (2013); Blaine Gabbert (2011); Byron Leftwich (2003).

Jets (five): Sam Darnold (2018); Mark Sanchez (2009); Chad Pennington (2000); Ken O’Brien (1983); Richard Todd (1976).

Lions (five): Matthew Stafford (2009); Joey Harrington (2002); Andre Ware (1990); Chuck Long (1986); Greg Landry (1968).

Packers (five): Jordan Love (2020); Aaron Rodgers (2005); Rich Campbell (1981); Jerry Tagge (1972); Don Horn (1967).

Panthers (two): Cam Newton (2011); Kerry Collins (1995).

Patriots (three): Drew Bledsoe (1993); Tony Eason (1983); Jim Plunkett (1971).

Raiders (three): JaMarcus Russell (2007); Todd Marinovich (1991); Marc Wilson (1980).

Rams (two): Jared Goff (2016); Sam Bradford (2010).

Ravens (three): Lamar Jackson (2018); Joe Flacco (2008); Kyle Boller (2003).

Saints (two): Dave Wilson (1981 supplemental); Archie Manning (1971).

Seahawks (two): Rick Mirer (1993); Dan McGwire (1991).

Steelers (three): Ben Roethlisberger (2004); Mark Malone (1980); Terry Bradshaw (1970).

Texans (two): Deshaun Watson (2017); David Carr (2002).

Titans (six): Marcus Mariota (2015); Jake Locker (2011); Vince Young (2006); Steve McNair (1995); Jim Everett (1986); Dan Pastorini (1971).

Vikings (four): Teddy Bridgewater (2014); Christian Ponder (2011); Daunte Culpepper (1999); Tommy Kramer (1977).

Washington (five): Dwayne Haskins (2019); Robert Griffin III (2012); Jason Campbell (2005); Patrick Ramsey (2002); Heath Shuler (1994).
          These don't seem to include the 2021 guys. Pretty fun list to go through. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• So if we Count Elway, even though we didn't technically draft him, Manning, and Craig Morton who was taken like 5th overall by the Cowboys, Denver has never played in a Super Bowl without a 1st round draft pick QB.

I hope we take a first rd QB next year too.

Comment

• A very good knack to have, is knowing when you have something better than others around you, and being thankful for what you have, even if it is not perfect, and more importantly, being thankful for what you do not have.

This is Paton. We have by all measures an above average GM, and we should be appreciative of that. I'm in N.C., so following the local Panthers is a given, and man! Have they had craptastic GM's the past 15 years, who kept Carolina in Cap Hell. Bad signings of worn out veterans, who chained us to bad long term contracts, never getting any value for players who leave for other teams, and more. I know bad when I see it, and it is not Paton.
              I agree with others, that Paton's time in Denver is still in a building stage, but I have liked his wheeling and dealing so far, as it has not crippled the team in the short or long terms, like I have seen with other teams and their poor GM's. I feel comfortable with him in place, wanting only a new owner, then coaching staff in place before next years draft.

We could be a lot worse off than we are. Keep that in mind, and appreciate what (albeit small) you have. Paton's going to earn his paycheck this next year. This is when he will define himself and his career in Denver moving forward.

Comment

• To me Paton's only negative mark and it is a Big One is when he was brought in I said he has to get the QB Position right and what does he do he goes and Signs Teddy Bridgewater LOL and still to this day he continues to Back Him and try to spin it to us Fans that Teddy is guy the entire way LOL unreal. Paton had 1 Job to get Right and he failed at that Number 1 Priority. Nothing he says holds any value to me what so ever as it just Hot Air.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  To me Paton's only negative mark and it is a Big One is when he was brought in I said he has to get the QB Position right and what does he do he goes and Signs Teddy Bridgewater LOL and still to this day he continues to Back Him and try to spin it to us Fans that Teddy is guy the entire way LOL unreal. Paton had 1 Job to get Right and he failed at that Number 1 Priority. Nothing he says holds any value to me what so ever as it just Hot Air.
                  Teddy wasn't his first choice. Denver did make a play for Aaron Rodgers but got shutdown. It's even been speculated that drafting PS2 was meant to be part of the trade for Rodgers, but again Packers wasn't interested in moving Rodgers no matter who or what Denver offered.
                  Bridgewater getting signed was a pure safety situation and they idea was for him to be the backup. Depending on if the speculation was true, Denver wanted to move Lock, get Rodgers. Neither happened.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Teddy wasn't his first choice. Denver did make a play for Aaron Rodgers but got shutdown. It's even been speculated that drafting PS2 was meant to be part of the trade for Rodgers, but again Packers wasn't interested in moving Rodgers no matter who or what Denver offered.
                    Bridgewater getting signed was a pure safety situation and they idea was for him to be the backup. Depending on if the speculation was true, Denver wanted to move Lock, get Rodgers. Neither happened.
                    This was speculated but has since been debunked. GB was not going to trade Rodgers, ever, and they have stated this and the fact that any team asking was told of those exact plans.

Even Lynch said it was one quick phone call to find out that wasn't an option for SF.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Aaron Rogers has outed himself recently as being a first class jerk.Thank goodness the interest from the Broncos and possible trade didn't happen. What a disaster this guy is....its all downhill from here on ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye Bronco View Post

This was speculated but has since been debunked. GB was not going to trade Rodgers, ever, and they have stated this and the fact that any team asking was told of those exact plans.

Even Lynch said it was one quick phone call to find out that wasn't an option for SF.
                        My post says it was speculated, teams called, and got shutdown. lol
                        The general point is that Denver wanted Rodgers, as did San Fran, Houston, and Miami. The Packers were never going to trade him, but that doesn't mean teams didn't entertain the idea and make a call to see if their offer would change Gutekunst mind.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Suntom View Post

Aaron Rogers has outed himself recently as being a first class jerk.Thank goodness the interest from the Broncos and possible trade didn't happen. What a disaster this guy is....its all downhill from here on ..
                          Rodgers has always been a mostly "Me" kind of guy. Sport fans that aren't Packer fans are just now seeing it. Some praise how he has acted this year, some hate him. Packer fans put up with it bc it's Aaron Rodgers.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• It was interest note I herd today on one of the recent Bronco Country tonight videos.

Apparently there was not as much trade action as some thought Denver would be involved with. One thing that did come up was the Saints called about Teddy. We apparently turned them down.

The details about that particular talks were not mentioned but in overall it was said we passed on some trades because we thought we would get a better comp pick.

With everything said it seems we were not offered very much for Teddy.

Personally I would have taken a 5th round for Teddy. Not sure what his comp pick formula will be. Apparently because of the rules we could have gotten no better than a 5th round for Von no matter how much he signed for.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

These don't seem to include the 2021 guys. Pretty fun list to go through. Thanks for the info!
                              Date on article was before that draft.

Comment

23 outta 32 teams in the NFL currently has 1st pick qbs as their starter which means almost 72% of qbs in the has 1st rd starters.
                                And one of those teams is the Denver Broncos -- Teddy Bridgewater is a 1st round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X