Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suntom View Post

Aaron Rogers has outed himself recently as being a first class jerk.Thank goodness the interest from the Broncos and possible trade didn't happen. What a disaster this guy is....its all downhill from here on ..
    Elaborate. How has he squeezed himself into your "jerk" label?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suntom View Post

Aaron Rogers has outed himself recently as being a first class jerk.Thank goodness the interest from the Broncos and possible trade didn't happen. What a disaster this guy is....its all downhill from here on ..
      How so? If anything, my respect for the guy has been vastly elevated in the past few days. Very cogent and put together guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

How so? If anything, my respect for the guy has been vastly elevated in the past few days. Very cogent and put together guy.
        Smart guys can be jerks too. I’ve never really cared for Rodgers personally. He’s a great quarterback, but he’s a jerk.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

Regardless of where people’s views are on the whole vaccination issue (and really let’s not go there to that political wasp nest, that would be the quickest way to get this thread shut down), at the very least Rogers repeatedly violated club house, media interview and NFL COVID policies given his unvaccinated status. Simply put, he willingly violated policies that were designed to keep people safe and keep teams running without disruption. And that’s the biggest thing, he’s becomes disruptive force for a team who acts like the policies that are good enough for everyone else don’t apply to him. That he, for some reason, has the right to outthink the rules and live outside of this.

The Packers and the NFL are culpable too, but it doesn’t speak well of his judgement and consideration of others or his leadership.

And in this light, the decision to not look to the draft to fix the quarterback situation is even more tragic. When you consider that the biggest solutions not through the draft include journeyman quarterbacks who are going to be more of the same or the big names via trade like Rogers, Watson, who have a lot of baggage there and questionable personal behaviors which are things that frequently come back to bite the team that goes that way. The NFL has numerous stories about people that had behavioral flaws, went to a new team to turn over a new leaf and it was more of the same. Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, Dale Carter. Please, haven’t we learned the lesson that sometimes talent doesn’t justify the other baggage and negative effect on the locker room?
          To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

Regardless of where people’s views are on the whole vaccination issue (and really let’s not go there to that political wasp nest, that would be the quickest way to get this thread shut down), at the very least Rogers repeatedly violated club house, media interview and NFL COVID policies given his unvaccinated status. Simply put, he willingly violated policies that were designed to keep people safe and keep teams running without disruption. And that’s the biggest thing, he’s becomes disruptive force for a team who acts like the policies that are good enough for everyone else don’t apply to him. That he, for some reason, has the right to outthink the rules and live outside of this.

The Packers and the NFL are culpable too, but it doesn’t speak well of his judgement and consideration of others or his leadership.

And in this light, the decision to not look to the draft to fix the quarterback situation is even more tragic. When you consider that the biggest solutions not through the draft include journeyman quarterbacks who are going to be more of the same or the big names via trade like Rogers, Watson, who have a lot of baggage there and questionable personal behaviors which are things that frequently come back to bite the team that goes that way. The NFL has numerous stories about people that had behavioral flaws, went to a new team to turn over a new leaf and it was more of the same. Antonio Brown, Terrell Owens, Dale Carter. Please, haven’t we learned the lesson that sometimes talent doesn’t justify the other baggage and negative effect on the locker room?
            Overall, this post is good from my perspective, including Rodgers' actions regarding covid safety and to some degree, disruptiveness.

I also am aware of many players whose baggage came with them. OBJ is not a big offender of any note, but he's another example of a player you want to believe in, but somehow leaves you in an awkward position. Super talent, but apparently he does not always run the right routes, making his QBs look ineffective. Plus there's that other part, as in, I want to play here except when you do not make me happy.

But I am still hoping to acquire Rodgers in '22, because he is still one of the best QBs in the league, and he is not a terrible dude. He is different, he is selfish at times, and he could be annoying to coach....but he could take our team far. Give him space and let him play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              It was interest note I herd today on one of the recent Bronco Country tonight videos.

Apparently there was not as much trade action as some thought Denver would be involved with. One thing that did come up was the Saints called about Teddy. We apparently turned them down.

The details about that particular talks were not mentioned but in overall it was said we passed on some trades because we thought we would get a better comp pick.

With everything said it seems we were not offered very much for Teddy.

Personally I would have taken a 5th round for Teddy. Not sure what his comp pick formula will be. Apparently because of the rules we could have gotten no better than a 5th round for Von no matter how much he signed for.
              If this is all true, which I trust you on that fact, I am fine with Paton not settling for less. You need to control the ship, and not cave when making deals. And you must trust your value of players, otherwise you may end up compromising your value system now and again. There may be times when you take whatever you can get, but those situations should be few and far between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Elaborate. How has he squeezed himself into your "jerk" label?
                The idea is that sense he didn't get vaccinated and jeopardized one game for the Packers that he is now a jerk, As well he's being viewed as a liar, further feeding the jerk label.
                In which Rodgers didn't necessarily lie, he answered and open ended question with a broad answer, In the press conference where he was asked if he's vaccinated. The interviewer simply as if he was vaccinated, he didn't ask if Rodgers got the covid vaccine. Rodgers replied he is vaccinated, which I think he intentionally meant it in way of saying he has been vaccinated in general. In the same way we all have in the US to attend public school. People call him a liar even though in that answer he never says he got vaccinated for covid, just he's vaccinated. He also mention he doesn't judge ppl who do or don't get vaccinated and that it's their choice.

Him saying that also fed into he's a jerk, he's a terrible person rhetoric.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

The idea is that sense he didn't get vaccinated and jeopardized one game for the Packers that he is now a jerk, As well he's being viewed as a liar, further feeding the jerk label.
                  In which Rodgers didn't necessarily lie, he answered and open ended question with a broad answer, In the press conference where he was asked if he's vaccinated. The interviewer simply as if he was vaccinated, he didn't ask if Rodgers got the covid vaccine. Rodgers replied he is vaccinated, which I think he intentionally meant it in way of saying he has been vaccinated in general. In the same way we all have in the US to attend public school. People call him a liar even though in that answer he never says he got vaccinated for covid, just he's vaccinated. He also mention he doesn't judge ppl who do or don't get vaccinated and that it's their choice.

Him saying that also fed into he's a jerk, he's a terrible person rhetoric.
                  He lied. He said he was immunized, not vaccinated. Now you’re lying to protect ass hole Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                    He lied. He said he was immunized, not vaccinated. Now you’re lying to protect ass hole Rodgers.
                    He said yes to the question of being vaccinated then said he's immunized. Did you not see the video or just talking out your backside bc you're mad at Rodgers.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Did he lie? He claims he never said he was vaccinated.

Why exactly did you call him that? Because his medical team told him his allergy makes it so the vaccine is too risky to take?
                      Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Did he lie? He claims he never said he was vaccinated.

Why exactly did you call him that? Because his medical team told him his allergy makes it so the vaccine is too risky to take?
                        BS. He lied. Everyone knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

If this is all true, which I trust you on that fact, I am fine with Paton not settling for less. You need to control the ship, and not cave when making deals. And you must trust your value of players, otherwise you may end up compromising your value system now and again. There may be times when you take whatever you can get, but those situations should be few and far between.
                          I am cool with the decision made. I get we took the Von deal because it was so good. I do not think the team is in the same Fire Sell mode some fans are.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

The NFL knew he was unvaccinated. They knew he was doing media engagements without wearing a mask...all year. The only reason they're talking about it now is because fans know about it. What are they going to do, fine him?

So now this is a convenient way for people to make their points about not drafting a quarterback or not wanting Aaron Rodgers. Nothing against you, Humberg. You put a lot of work into what you write. You're not just trolling and droning an agenda in here like some do. I can appreciate that.

Rodgers isn't the bad guy people want him to be, because they find his eccentricity or honesty offensive. He explained why he broke the two rules we know he broke. He was honest about it. He thinks they are stupid, and if the league wanted to establish a precedent of enforcement they would have acted before the media sensationalized it. So far as we know, he didn't break the rules and then lie about it like Drew Lock did. It's different with Rodgers, because people don't like him, and he's not apologetically telling people what they want to hear. Does this make him a bad leader? The same man who held the Packers front office hostage during the offseason for their negligence? Do his teammates appear to have turned on him? Is the sky falling in Green Bay? Doesn't seem to be. 1st place in the NFC.

He's a regular OBJ though, I'm sure. That locker room distraction narrative with Rodgers seems to play well everywhere but in the Green Bay Packers locker room.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

He said yes to the question of being vaccinated then said he's immunized. Did you not see the video or just talking out your backside bc you're mad at Rodgers.
                              Yes. He lied plain as day.

Comment

BS. He lied. Everyone knows it.
                                Then go find me the evidence that said he was vaccinated if everyone knows it than it should be easy.
                                Lets Ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X