X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immunize
    [ˈimyəˌnīz]
    VERB
    immunized (past tense) · immunized (past participle)
    1. make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.
      "the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles"
      synonyms:
      vaccinate · inoculate · inject · jab · give someone a shot · 
      [more]

vaccinate
    [ˈvaksəˌnāt]
    VERB
    1. treat (someone) with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease.
      "all the children were vaccinated against diphtheria"
      synonyms:
      inoculate · immunize · inject · jab · give someone a jab · give someone a shot · protect · shield · safeguard
    I think it’s pretty clear Rodgers intended to deceive the public, if not the Packers organization.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

The NFL knew he was unvaccinated. They knew he was doing media engagements without wearing a mask...all year. The only reason they're talking about it now is because fans know about it. What are they going to do, fine him?

So now this is a convenient way for people to make their points about not drafting a quarterback or not wanting Aaron Rodgers. Nothing against you, Humberg. You put a lot of work into what you write. You're not just trolling and droning an agenda in here like some do. I can appreciate that.

Rodgers isn't the bad guy people want him to be, because they find his eccentricity or honesty offensive. He explained why he broke the two rules we know he broke. He was honest about it. He thinks they are stupid, and if the league wanted to establish a precedent of enforcement they would have acted before the media sensationalized it. So far as we know, he didn't break the rules and then lie about it like Drew Lock did. It's different with Rodgers, because people don't like him, and he's not apologetically telling people what they want to hear. Does this make him a bad leader? The same man who held the Packers front office hostage during the offseason for their negligence? Do his teammates appear to have turned on him? Is the sky falling in Green Bay? Doesn't seem to be. 1st place in the NFC.

He's a regular OBJ though, I'm sure. That locker room distraction narrative with Rodgers seems to play well everywhere but in the Green Bay Packers locker room.
      I appreciate your post. You make a good point that it’s always potentially erroneous to judge a single situation when you have a whole host of historical data that would indicate he’s not a locker room issue. And if he was such a bad seed, why would they be doing so well? All good and valid arguments. And I agree when you look at how the teams and the NFL handled both Rogers and Cousins it seems inconsistent, it seems to be biased, it seems to be playing favorites and the NFL is certainly going to have to answer for that.

On the other hand, listening to that interview Rogers did, the guy sounds almost unhinged. It brings up the idea that it takes years to build a reputation and only a few seconds to destroy it.

Again I’d like to be clear that I’m not judging his decision to not get vaccinated or judging some of the other things he espoused (not to say I don’t have an opinion, I just don’t think it would be appropriate to get into that here). But in terms of his neglect of the rules, and then seemingly at the least stretching the truth to make himself look better, the whole thing starts to stink a bit.

I’ll be the first to admit that COVID has been confusing for everyone, and we have to have compassion for each other in that. But I’d view this situation a lot more generously if he was contrite, if he said “Yeah I could have potentially handled that better, it was a difficult decision and I see now in retrospect how I could have been more forthcoming, how I should have followed the rules.” But he didn’t say that, he’s speaking out against others and blaming everyone but himself. This is what I can’t respect. This is the basis for my current opinion.

I would have concerns if I were in that locker room about letting that kind of leader take over as the voice and face of the team.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        immunize
        [ˈimyəˌnīz]
        VERB
        immunized (past tense) · immunized (past participle)
        1. make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.
          "the vaccine is used to immunize children against measles"
          synonyms:
          vaccinate · inoculate · inject · jab · give someone a shot · 
          [more]

vaccinate
        [ˈvaksəˌnāt]
        VERB
        1. treat (someone) with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease.
          "all the children were vaccinated against diphtheria"
          synonyms:
          inoculate · immunize · inject · jab · give someone a jab · give someone a shot · protect · shield · safeguard
        I think it’s pretty clear Rodgers intended to deceive the public, if not the Packers organization.
        The team and front office all knew his situation. He spoke about it on McAfree's show.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

The team and front office all knew his situation. He spoke about it on McAfree's show.
          Okay. That’s fine. I’m not knocking him for trying to deceive the Packers and NFL. They clearly knew he wasn’t vaccinated since he tried to get a special designation that would have equated him to someone who is vaccinated.

He did try to deceive the public which doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense because someone in the media would almost certainly notice him following protocols that vaccinated players don’t have to follow.

He would have saved himself some hassle just by answering the question honestly.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Okay. That’s fine. I’m not knocking him for trying to deceive the Packers and NFL. They clearly knew he wasn’t vaccinated since he tried to get a special designation that would have equated him to someone who is vaccinated.

He did try to deceive the public which doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of sense because someone in the media would almost certainly notice him following protocols that vaccinated players don’t have to follow.

He would have saved himself some hassle just by answering the question honestly.
            When it comes to the public, it doesn't matter. He ultimately doesn't owe the public anything. Personal opinions is just that, personal opinions. But nobody in the public is entitled to anything from Rodgers or any other player.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

When it comes to the public, it doesn't matter. He ultimately doesn't owe the public anything. Personal opinions is just that, personal opinions. But nobody in the public is entitled to anything from Rodgers or any other player.
              He may not owe the public the truth but he has turned this into something that can be a distraction for selfish reasons.
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

He may not owe the public the truth but he has turned this into something that can be a distraction for selfish reasons.
                Sounds like the media's problem. They can choose to not talk about it, which is what would be sensible. But they wont bc views. He'll sit this week and be playing in the future.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Sounds like the media's problem. They can choose to not talk about it, which is what would be sensible. But they wont bc views. He'll sit this week and be playing in the future.
                  We’ll see NFL owners aren’t going to let Goodell look the other way. The Baltimore Ravens got fined $250,000 and almost lost draft picks due to Covid 19 protocol violations. Better believe they are going to make sure this stings the packers.

Comment

The media is well aware of what sells. Why do you think Tebow got so much attention? It isn’t because he was a great quarterback. Rodgers knew this had the potential to be a distraction and he selfishly decided to deceive anyway.
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The media is well aware of what sells. Why do you think Tebow got so much attention? It isn’t because he was a great quarterback. Rodgers knew this had the potential to be a distraction and he selfishly decided to deceive anyway.
                      It is what it is. Sun will still come up tomorrow.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• His interview made a great deal of sense, hope people listened to his rationale. It’s the way free people think. If those vaccinated people feared his status so much maybe they should consider how perfect the “vaccination” is. Truth is those jabbed can transmit, catch it and die same as the unvaxed. Unvaxed people aren’t some sort of health risk and neither is Rodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
                          His interview made a great deal of sense, hope people listened to his rationale. It’s the way free people think. If those vaccinated people feared his status so much maybe they should consider how perfect the “vaccination” is. Truth is those jabbed can transmit, catch it and die same as the unvaxed. Unvaxed people aren’t some sort of health risk and neither is Rodgers.
                          Unvaccinated people are a health threat, if they are carrying the virus.

It’s my understanding that the vaccine is supposed to reduce the risk of requiring hospitalization.

He says he has followed all the protocols except one. I understand why he has a problem with that one protocol because it’s more for show than anything else.

The real problem is that he’s created an unnecessary distraction by trying to deceive people. He should have just answered the question honestly when he was asked in August if he was vaccinated.
                          Last edited by broncolee; 11-06-2021, 08:43 PM.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
                            His interview made a great deal of sense, hope people listened to his rationale. It’s the way free people think. If those vaccinated people feared his status so much maybe they should consider how perfect the “vaccination” is. Truth is those jabbed can transmit, catch it and die same as the unvaxed. Unvaxed people aren’t some sort of health risk and neither is Rodgers.
                            This is one of the dumbest statements I’ve ever read. It isn’t the way free people think, it’s the way morons think.

Comment

Unvaccinated people are a health threat, if they aren’t carrying the virus.

It’s my understanding that the vaccine is supposed to reduce the risk of requiring hospitalization.

He says he has followed all the protocols except one. I understand why he has a problem with that one protocol because it’s more for show than anything else.

The real problem is that he’s created an unnecessary distraction by trying to deceive people. He should have just answered the question honestly when he was asked in August if he was vaccinated.
                              That’s exactly what the vaccine is supposed to do.

Comment

• Please don’t turn this into a thread about COVID vaccination. It’s neither the time nor the place. This is a forum about football, specifically Broncos football. If you make it political it will get shut down.
                                To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                                X