Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post
    Please don’t turn this into a thread about COVID vaccination. It’s neither the time nor the place. This is a forum about football, specifically Broncos football. If you make it political it will get shut down.
    Too late. This thread is officially a Covid thread.
    my opinion for wanting Rodger’s on the Broncos hasn’t changed. We need to do everything we can to get him in the off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post

my opinion for wanting Rodger’s on the Broncos hasn’t changed. We need to do everything we can to get him in the off-season.
      While I would prefer Rodgers over some other options, the Broncos don’t need to do everything they can to get him.

They should make a reasonable effort to get Rodgers if they haven’t identified the future of the franchise by draft day.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by elway7777 View Post

So he can choke in the playoffs? Rather Denver make a move for Russell Wilson.

Comment

• Every time Rodgers talks I fall more in love with him.

The world needs more men like him. I'd love him to be a Bronco.

All over the radio this week, hosts keep drumming the possibility of that Bridgewater will be the starting QB next year possibly, and that Paton would love to build a team around his guy.

...do you think they just got that info out of thin air? I don't. I won't watch this team next year if that's the case.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Well, back on topic, I can’t understand why the Broncos wouldn’t have traded away Teddy B if they had opportunity to. They didn’t even consider it? Really? It speaks to the argument of those here who say Paton is all in on him. This, more than anything else, shakes my faith in Paton and his judgment.

TB is gone after this year one way or another. And we are playing for what after just trading away our best defensive player? A couple more wins than we have now at best? This seems to be some “we’re playing for the playoffs” but we’re trading away our talent hybrid philosophy. It would have been consistent to get picks for TB in the same vein as when you traded Von. This would have said we’re rebuilding for the future.

As is, I don’t know what our philosophy is.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...rade-interest/
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Every time Rodgers talks I fall more in love with him.

The world needs more men like him. I'd love him to be a Bronco.

All over the radio this week, hosts keep drumming the possibility of that Bridgewater will be the starting QB next year possibly, and that Paton would love to build a team around his guy.

...do you think they just got that info out of thin air? I don't. I won't watch this team next year if that's the case.
              Even if they draft the best QB available, they will need a year or partial year to transition. The best candidate is TB

Comment

Well, back on topic, I can’t understand why the Broncos wouldn’t have traded away Teddy B if they had opportunity to. They didn’t even consider it? Really? It speaks to the argument of those here who say Paton is all in on him. This, more than anything else, shakes my faith in Paton and his judgment.

TB is gone after this year one way or another. And we are playing for what after just trading away our best defensive player? A couple more wins than we have now at best? This seems to be some “we’re playing for the playoffs” but we’re trading away our talent hybrid philosophy. It would have been consistent to get picks for TB in the same vein as when you traded Von. This would have said we’re rebuilding for the future.

As is, I don’t know what our philosophy is.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...rade-interest/
                They clearly gave up on Lock when they traded for Teddy. They aren’t going to then trade Teddy away just to end up having to start Lock. I don’t care what anyone says, it wasn’t a true quarterback competition. I think they treated Teddy as though he was the incumbent and the only way Lock was going to be the starter was if he was either twice as good or no where near as bad. It should have been the other way around.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post

Even if they draft the best QB available, they will need a year or partial year to transition. The best candidate is TB
                  I won't watch.

Already sent the team hoodie I got for my bday back and got a.n Avs hoodie.

If this team doesn't care neither do I
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Also, they can always sign Teddy to a one year prove it deal. They don’t have to just let him walk.
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      Also, they can always sign Teddy to a one year prove it deal. They don’t have to just let him walk.
                      If Bridgewater isn't tossed out on his mediocre,check down throwing, wide open receiver missing, mindlessly climbing the pocket into danger and throwing the worst INTS I've ever seen BUTT then this team has become the Detroit Lions.

Y'all have fun with that
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Also, they can always sign Teddy to a one year prove it deal. They don’t have to just let him walk.
                        Given the free agent market for quarterback, given that several teams expressed trade interest, I would have to think a) Teddy would be stupid for signing a one year deal and 2) the Broncos would have to pony up significant cash to keep him. In essence, they would have to overpay and over commit to Teddy to keep him here and I think that would be compounding the bad decisions they’ve already made.

Given this, they whiffed on an opportunity to get something for Teddy walking. Their whole approach here makes zero sense.
                        To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• The fact the broncos weren't interested in trading Bridgewater should further let you guys know that Lock won't be starting anytime soon unless Bridgewater gets hurt. After we get throttled by Dal most thought Lock would come back after the bye. Now that you didn't trade Bridge you can't justify starting Lock after the bye simply because the media will be like why didn't you trade Bridgewater if you were going to Lock? I'd question them too now we don't know the compensation but I think we could have gotten a 4th easy saints were desperate for a qb. In any event the writings on the wall for Drew his time is done here.
                          :go:

Comment

Given the free agent market for quarterback, given that several teams expressed trade interest, I would have to think a) Teddy would be stupid for signing a one year deal and 2) the Broncos would have to pony up significant cash to keep him. In essence, they would have to overpay and over commit to Teddy to keep him here and I think that would be compounding the bad decisions they’ve already made.

Given this, they whiffed on an opportunity to get something for Teddy walking. Their whole approach here makes zero sense.
                            I think interest in Teddy is as a back up. Teddy knows that he will be the starter in Denver. Even New Orleans may view him as a back up to Winston.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Paton needs more than one year to fix this mess but he's got to stop bringing in worthless cast-offs from Minnesota (Bridgewater, Boone, Stephens, Weatherly). We're getting nothing from them. It's bad enough we already had Shurmur.

Comment

• Paton's first draft class looked Fire today
                                Lets Ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X