Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Teddy played a great game and so did many of the young and new faces. Jeudy makes a huge difference and it showed. The way they moved him pre snap and throwing off the LBs, he really helped those second level lanes soften up for the RBs.

    Pretty exciting win especially considering Bolles and Fant didn't even play and we got 1 reception from Sutton. A lot of guys stepped up and that's a sign of a well coached team. I give Paton and the Coaching staff a lot of credit for this tough week. This team was ready to go.

    Comment


    • I am not getting overly excited it was a great win though. The Cowboys made a lot of mistakes that almost never do, and in the NFL that gets you beat, heck ask Denver about silly mistakes that will cost you.

      How hurt is Denver now? This probably isn't a playoff team, but Surtain needs to be healthy for growth for next season if nothing else. The lineman coming in did well, Paton deserves credit his draft picks when healthy can play in the NFL. This is 1 win, I remember McDaniels running all over the field after beating the Patriots, I believe his last win in Denver. We still have issues, but if we get that offensive effort consistently there could be winning in the future.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        Teddy played a great game and so did many of the young and new faces. Jeudy makes a huge difference and it showed. The way they moved him pre snap and throwing off the LBs, he really helped those second level lanes soften up for the RBs.

        Pretty exciting win especially considering Bolles and Fant didn't even play and we got 1 reception from Sutton. A lot of guys stepped up and that's a sign of a well coached team. I give Paton and the Coaching staff a lot of credit for this tough week. This team was ready to go.
        When I said last Friday it was time to elevate the rookies and PS guys this is what I was hoping to see.

        I know it was one game and I won't be a prisoner of the moment, but his draft class looked good and his fingerprints were all over that win yesterday.

        Fangio FINALLY gets a signature win. Are they turning the corner?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post


          Fangio FINALLY gets a signature win. Are they turning the corner?
          this is the Truth. Even got a, heading into commercial break fist pump/punch, from Fangio. It was so much fun to watch football yesterday.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

            When I said last Friday it was time to elevate the rookies and PS guys this is what I was hoping to see.

            I know it was one game and I won't be a prisoner of the moment, but his draft class looked good and his fingerprints were all over that win yesterday.

            Fangio FINALLY gets a signature win. Are they turning the corner?
            A big win like that can do wonders for a team. Many of these guys just got their first shot and they succeeded. Confidence has got to be at a yearly high- who knows what kind of doors that may open up. Caden Sterns was making plays in the pre season that made me think he should be on the field immediately, but where/how?

            Im hoping we have a few more hidden gems currently on the second unit we just don't get to see yet.

            ​​​​​​And wow, another great game by Patrick. I don't know how we could afford to lose him in the off season. WR is going to be one tough decision to make.

            ​​​​​

            Comment


            • What a great freaking win. Even after today, the sports media on NFLN and ESPN don't want to give the Broncos any credit for the win. The narrative has been how terrible the Cowboys were rather than how good the Broncos played. It's been a little disappointing because I wish our team would get a little love. But no, no one in the sports media gave us any credit for the win over Dallas. But, that's how it usually is anyway, History has shown little acknowledgement for the Broncos.
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • I think it’s typical around the league. When the team that’s supposed to win loses, it’s about them not playing well. It’s rarely about the other team playing better.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  What a great freaking win. Even after today, the sports media on NFLN and ESPN don't want to give the Broncos any credit for the win. The narrative has been how terrible the Cowboys were rather than how good the Broncos played. It's been a little disappointing because I wish our team would get a little love. But no, no one in the sports media gave us any credit for the win over Dallas. But, that's how it usually is anyway, History has shown little acknowledgement for the Broncos.
                  In the previous weeks the Broncos played poorly. When they put together a string of victories as dominant as yesterday's in Dallas, then they'll get more respect.

                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                    When I said last Friday it was time to elevate the rookies and PS guys this is what I was hoping to see.

                    I know it was one game and I won't be a prisoner of the moment, but his draft class looked good and his fingerprints were all over that win yesterday.

                    Fangio FINALLY gets a signature win. Are they turning the corner?
                    Broncos played at their ceiling yesterday, Cowboys played at their basement. No , I would not expect this team to have turned the corner as much as I'd love to. Dak Prescott played like absolute garbage yesterday. We made a bunch of mistakes that they didn't capitalize on. Had the blocked punt gone the other way, or the wide open misses of CeeDee Lamb, or drops of Cooper not gone the way they did, we would have been looking at the same old Broncos outcome (probably, my opinion).

                    Yesterday was just your classic trap game, where the Cowboys didn't show up. At their best, hell even at half their best they'd probably crush us. We still have an inept coaching staff (does anyone agree with Fangio's challenge of the Patrick incompletion, or his clock management at the end of the half?). We still have Pat Shurmur who will probably abandon the run again unless he's up by 2 scores. Our special teams still sucks giving up a 50+ KR to open the game, allowing a blocked punt, and now we have McManus going through a little bit of a struggle. We're only 3 games removed from the putrid defensive performance against the Browns where we were giving up nonstop 15 yard chunks to Case Keenum and a 3rd string running back.

                    It's not enough to make me believe we're going to see anything different than we have every year since the superbowl. But it was damn fun to watch.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Skylan View Post

                      Broncos played at their ceiling yesterday, Cowboys played at their basement. No , I would not expect this team to have turned the corner as much as I'd love to. Dak Prescott played like absolute garbage yesterday. We made a bunch of mistakes that they didn't capitalize on. Had the blocked punt gone the other way, or the wide open misses of CeeDee Lamb, or drops of Cooper not gone the way they did, we would have been looking at the same old Broncos outcome (probably, my opinion).

                      Yesterday was just your classic trap game, where the Cowboys didn't show up. At their best, hell even at half their best they'd probably crush us. We still have an inept coaching staff (does anyone agree with Fangio's challenge of the Patrick incompletion, or his clock management at the end of the half?). We still have Pat Shurmur who will probably abandon the run again unless he's up by 2 scores. Our special teams still sucks giving up a 50+ KR to open the game, allowing a blocked punt, and now we have McManus going through a little bit of a struggle. We're only 3 games removed from the putrid defensive performance against the Browns where we were giving up nonstop 15 yard chunks to Case Keenum and a 3rd string running back.

                      It's not enough to make me believe we're going to see anything different than we have every year since the superbowl. But it was damn fun to watch.
                      We were very fortunate with the Cowboys dropped passes. Bridgewater also got away with an INT on a penalty, plus the blocked punt was a huge break. I didn’t think the challenge was a bad decision, it’s hard to get a call like that overturned - but not a horrible challenge. The clock management was atrocious again at the end of the first half. Good win on the road but I’m in the same camp - they have to prove they can beat more than one good team.

                      Comment


                      • I can't hate on Paton at any time, he's given me the Rb I have waited years for in Javonte Williams. I love watching that guy run and he will soon be the face of this offense. I love his heart and passion so when I think of the draft that Patin did bringing in Surtain and Williams he's cool in my book. I look forward to the next draft.
                        :go:

                        Comment


                        • Paton has done an amazing job so far. First, we are in excellent shape as far as the salary cap next season, with a lot of flexibility.

                          He used that cap space flexibility to leverage a second round pick from the Rams in the Von trade. The Rams have no cap space so they gave up extra draft capital like they did in the Geoff trade. They are "all in" this season and Paton took advantage to get more for Von than anyone here expected.

                          He has also manufactured real value almost out of thin air. He got Weatherly by trading a 7th this year for a 7th next. No loss of total picks and we picked up a player.

                          He got a 5th and a 7th for Trinity Benson, an undrafted FA. And since those are the Lions' draft picks, may as well call them a 4th and 6th.

                          He traded Kerry Vincent for a 6th. Paton drafted Vincent in the 7th and Vincent never played a down for us.

                          Paton traded a 2024 6 for a 2024 7 AND Kenny Young. Again getting a player while simply swapping late round picks.

                          Here's our 2022 draft picks at this point in time:
                          Round 1: Own pick
                          Round 2: Own pick
                          Round 2: From Los Angeles Rams
                          Round 3: Own pick
                          Round 3: From Los Angeles Rams
                          Round 4: Own pick
                          Round 5: Own pick
                          Round 5: From Detroit Lions
                          Round 6: From Philadelphia Eagles

                          Round 7: From San Francisco 49ers*
                          Round 7: From Detroit Lions*

                          And as others have said, his first draft has looked impressive so far.

                          Right now, with no real owner, Elway and Ellis leaving and uncertain coaching staff, Paton may be our only hope of bringing the team back.

                          Comment


                          • Kenny Young
                            Stephen Weatherly

                            These guys probably will not start in the future but are holding up good so far. Needed depth in time of need. Who knows they may end up sticking with team the way they been playing so far.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 11-09-2021, 05:23 AM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • I’m personally pretty happy with his first year.

                              This coming offseason will be very interesting. Many things will be up in the air, so I’m looking forward to seeing how he handles everything. The 2022 Broncos, as both an organization and team, could look very different.

                              Interested to see what happens next with Paton. He’s created some draft capital, so that’s a good start.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

                                I actually watch film on Fields and trust me all he can do is Run that is all. Justin Fields accuracy is that of Paxton Lynch. Maybe Justin can start to hone on his craft and become a better passer as he has to because he can go no lower than what he is now and that is NOT GOOD at all. I for one am relieved that Denver did not Draft him however if you were to ask me who I want on this team now between Teddy and Justin I would go hands down with Justin however that is not saying anything at all other then Both of Them SUCK !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X