Paton has to go before he does more damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Was anyone talking about a great job by Paton, Fangio and Donatell after the Eagles rushed for 216 yards just two Sundays ago?
    I see....why talk about the good news that just happened when you can find something you don't like in the past. Excellent teaching principle!

"Hey kids, lets not dwell on today. I am grounding you for last week."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Our OL would look better if the qb got rid of the ball faster. Tb is almost at the bottom of the NFL in terms of time to throw. Last week it was 31 qbs better ... 29 if we take out the 90 and 110 attempt guys.
      Overall it’s been more on the QB, as well as Shurmur - games where he ditched the run for the most part. Playing from behind with more passing contributes to the sacks as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I see....why talk about the good news that just happened when you can find something you don't like in the past. Excellent teaching principle!

"Hey kids, lets not dwell on today. I am grounding you for last week."

Basically how fickle fanbases are. You aren't allowed to be happy or positive.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Was anyone talking about a great job by Paton, Fangio and Donatell after the Eagles rushed for 216 yards just two Sundays ago?
          I didn't because I didn't want to. Need a hanky?

Comment

He is a rookie and makes mistakes. His missed tackle on 4th down allowed the Chargers to convert. The more he plays the better he will get.

Been a while since a ILB had me this excited.
            Even that play was still impressive. He was covering Guyton who has legit 4.3 speed. I think that’s a coaching mistake but Browning held his own and it took Herbert scrambling for what seemed like an eternity to get it to him.

Browning and Young are the ILBs this defense has sorely missed since Trevathan left and Marshall regressed. Big fast and all around athletic guys that want to knock your socks off every chance they get. Once Purcell gets his other hand back, they’re going to look even better. Although I still think Sterns should’ve been sticking Ekeler on those 3rd down plays, Browning and Young are good in coverage, but Ekeler is a top notch receiving back so you have to have someone with a little more wiggle in the hips. That being said Browning and Young still held their own.

Browning is giving me some serious Al Wilson vibes. It may be the 56 he’s wearing but he’s an impressive rookie. He won’t get it, but I think he should be in the conversation for defensive rookie of the year by the end of the year if he keeps this level of play up.

Comment

Overall it’s been more on the QB, as well as Shurmur - games where he ditched the run for the most part. Playing from behind with more passing contributes to the sacks as well.
              We are 5-0 when both Williams and Gordon have double digit carries. 1 attempt away by Williams from being 6-0

Took shurmur half the season but it is possible finally figured it out.
              Lets Ride!

Comment

We are 5-0 when both Williams and Gordon have double digit carries. 1 attempt away by Williams from being 6-0

Great observation.

I can’t recall which year but post-Manning, even in a losing season the games with 100+ rush yards were the wins.

With Shurmur it seemed like any time we went down by a touchdown he abandoned the run.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fantaztic7;n8398952]
                  Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

There it is…excuses for Fields. When Sutton was out for 15 that’s an excuse but when Chicago doesn’t have talent Fields gets a pass.
                  Yep!!! Fields has struggled because of Nagy, and a bad oline, and the scheme, and his receivers dropping passes!

Lock just isnt good doesn't matter that his oline is also bad, and Shurmur is a bad OC, and the scheme doesn't fit his skillset. I find it hilarious the excuses Fields who I do think is talented gets but Lock is just trash. Bottom line is Fields would have struggled in Denver just like he did in Chicago because QB's have to develop once they are in the NFL.
                  sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=58Miller;n8398960]
                    Originally posted by Fantaztic7
                    Yep!!! Fields has struggled because of Nagy, and a bad oline, and the scheme, and his receivers dropping passes!

Lock just isnt good doesn't matter that his oline is also bad, and Shurmur is a bad OC, and the scheme doesn't fit his skillset. I find it hilarious the excuses Fields who I do think is talented gets but Lock is just trash. Bottom line is Fields would have struggled in Denver just like he did in Chicago because QB's have to develop once they are in the NFL.
                    You can keep finding and chasing down that hole. Chi oline is way worse than ours. You talk about Fields more than I do. For what??? In my opinion lock sucks...why do you care so much about it?

Move on and talk about Trevor or Zach.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ear2dastreets;n8398989]
                      Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

You can keep finding and chasing down that hole. Chi oline is way worse than ours. You talk about Fields more than I do. For what??? In my opinion lock sucks...why do you care so much about it?

Move on and talk about Trevor or Zach.
                      We couldn't have drafted either of them at our draft position. And you and others swore he was the guy. After year one he needs work, and Surtain is a solid starter.
                      I get you dont want to hear it but when you go on and on about how great a player is and he doesnt play well your gonna hear about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's a stat that would make Bronco fans want Harbaugh even more. Jim playcalling is questionable, but one thing clear about his style of playcalling is he's gonna run the ball...a lot.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

That's a stat that would make Bronco fans want Harbaugh even more. Jim playcalling is questionable, but one thing clear about his style of playcalling is he's gonna run the ball...a lot.
                          I do not want to force any kind of play calls. I want an OC who knows what his team can and can not do....recognizes the game situation and calls plays that put his team in best chance to win.

The reason we were so successful when running is because we struggle so much when passing. That has been our problem for years actually. Though 2 of the last 3 games of the season the OL/TEs sucked at just about everything they did.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

• Paton definitely needs to go........out to dinner and drinks to celebrate.

This guy is unreal. We are lucky to have him

Comment

• Paton doing damage? Well, he just wrecked the Seahawks!

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                I don’t want to see what Patton might do to this roster if he gets another offseason to make decisions.

patton must follow fangio, the coaches, the QBs and the OL right out the door.
                                Yeah Paton should be run out of town on a rail......... NOT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X