X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbfansincefeb87
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Can we just close out this thread? Frag made a mistake. Just let him apologize on this one and close up shop.
    You think the op made a mistake just because wilson is a bronco ? this seems to highlight the folly of posting on the net about a technically detailed sport like pro football , if a 30 year old elway was timewarped into the 2022 bronco team there’d be no guarantee of a winning season so why is there with wilson ?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    If this season blows up in your faces, which one of you is going to apologize first?

The OP doesn’t owe any apology. You never had to respond to the thread in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Can we just close out this thread? Frag made a mistake. Just let him apologize on this one and close up shop.
    I don't know. One day I may snap and go on a rant like he did and I'd like mine to be preserved for posterity if it happens, and I'll join in on making fun of myself should the time come. You guys are just lucky that I lose my ability to type when I get really, really pissed off.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    OK, the floor is now open for that.

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    So....

Is this thread really about Paton having to go before he does more damage?

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    I don't know how accurate this is but Over The Cap has us as:
    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Total Cap Liabilities: $203,382,008
    • Top 51: $182,816,374
    • Team Cap Space: $21,812,913

Leave a comment:

• BroncoJef
    replied
    I guess we shall see but we desperately need some bolstering to out DBs if we are to compete.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    according to klis says the extra 12.5 mill is draft picks 16 man practice squad and IR funds puts us on the edge cap space wise

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    what do we need for the draft 6-7 mill and if all is accounted for is suttons move enough to say sign callahan n kareem back

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Think they had about $14 million after restructuring Tim Patrick's contract. So, if Sutton's restructure produces that much, they should be well over $20 million by now. There are other contracts which could be re-done, too. Mike Purcell's name came up in that context, but not sure how much could be done.

Do you have a link?
    At one point we were under 9 mil cap space and we signed players since.

I hope it goes up to 20 mil but can understand if it does not specially considering DJ Jones still shows 0 on the cap tracker.

edit - OTC definitely has not updated Sutton restructure. It still shows roster bonus this year. It kind of looks like Patrick is updated. 2022 looks accurate but not sure if future years match up with the above reporting by Klis. Just looking at cap hits this morning do not have time to start doing math
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-20-2022, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I was wondering how the cap space went up.

Just under 14 mil cap space....DJ Jones still showing up as 0 with that number. I am wondering if these moves had to be done in order for Jones contract to be official as it usually does not take this long to see the details of the contract.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoJef
    replied

MileHighReport

@MileHighReport
    ·
    13m
    #Broncos free up additional cap space by converting Courtland Sutton’s roster bonus into a signing bonus. They did the same with Tim Patrick a few days ago.

milehighreport.com

Mike Klis
    @mikeklis
    Source confirms Broncos converted WR Courtland Sutton's $10.5M roster bonus into signing bonus, a cap maneuver that saves $7.875M in 2022 cap space. At same time, Broncos converted WR Tim Patrick's $6.9M roster bonus into signing bonus which created $4.6M in cap space.
    Last edited by BroncoJef; 03-20-2022, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
    Looks like they just converted Sutton’s salary to a bonus - freeing up another $7.9 Million - wonder what’s up next? They should have about $15 Million in cap space left now.
    Think they had about $14 million after restructuring Tim Patrick's contract. So, if Sutton's restructure produces that much, they should be well over $20 million by now. There are other contracts which could be re-done, too. Mike Purcell's name came up in that context, but not sure how much could be done.

Do you have a link?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoJef
    replied
    Looks like they just converted Sutton’s salary to a bonus - freeing up another $7.9 Million - wonder what’s up next? They should have about $15 Million in cap space left now.
    Last edited by BroncoJef; 03-20-2022, 08:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X