Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion needed on webcasts

Dear fellow Broncos fans,

I am a long distance supporter (from Australia), and was wondering if people could give me their opinion on NFL ‘field pass’ (live radio broadcasts from NFL.com).

Specifically, what I wanted to know is do they give updates of other games on air?

… The reason I ask is it would be great to listen to Denver games whilst recording the 2 and only games broadcast per week on TV (without spoiling).

Thanks deerly, DIM.

Isn't there a Denver Radio station that Broadcasts them for free?
    I don't know, Im not from Denver, but I thought that there was.
    At any rate , I think they are on the net too. I look around for it.

Comment

Well, I live well outside of the Denver area and have found Field Pass to be excellent. The Broncos radio broadcasts are as good a replacement for watching the games on TV as there is. One warning though, the feed is a few seconds to a minute behind a TV broadcast. So even though Dave and Scott are a better team than any on TV, don't try muting the TV on a televised game and syncing them. But anyways, have fun listening to Broncos games next season.
      Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

Hey thanks,

However, my major concern is if I am able to listen to a broadcast without spoiling results of other games being played at same time.

Thus, I am in Australia and plan to listen to Broncos games and record the minimal TV coverage of other 1 or 2 games to hopefully watch later (without knowing the results).

... Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by DIM
          Hey thanks,

However, my major concern is if I am able to listen to a broadcast without spoiling results of other games being played at same time.

Thus, I am in Australia and plan to listen to Broncos games and record the minimal TV coverage of other 1 or 2 games to hopefully watch later (without knowing the results).

... Is this possible?

OOO, That's gonna be tough I think. Whenever you hear them break for commercial, just close your ears and go "LA LA LA LA LA " real loud.

Comment

LOL yeh like Benny said, you should probably close your ears...Of course if you know who is going to be broadcast on your local tv, whenever they are mentioned, you could go get another beer...

It used to be that for the games (away anyway) I would use my webcam to send images to people out of town/country...but I don't know that I will be able to do that this year...We'll have to see what happens...

Comment

No no, it states on NFL.com that:

"The audio for commercials is not broadcast in NFL.com Field Pass."

Now, seeing as I have never even heard an NFL game on radio, is anybody able to tell me, are results/ updates given during a broadcast?

...Or is it only at halftime? Or what exactly?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DIM
                No no, it states on NFL.com that:

"The audio for commercials is not broadcast in NFL.com Field Pass."

Now, seeing as I have never even heard an NFL game on radio, is anybody able to tell me, are results/ updates given during a broadcast?

...Or is it only at halftime? Or what exactly?

Cheers.
                On KOA, Dave and Scott will often give updates of other games going on at the same time - especially if they're AFC West teams or if it's a particularly good contest. The main updates come at halftime and when the other games have finished. Their game updates are usually precursed with an announcement of what they're about to do.
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

From an earlier thread....

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan

For those of you that can't get Bronco game broadcasts (TV or radio) for whatever reason...

You can listen online to the games (and pregame shows) on 850AM KOA.

Use the link below. You'll have to register first... maybe.

http://www.850koa.com/listen/index.html
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

I'm not sure that you can get a live feed direct from 850koa anymore, some sort of copyright thing. Imagine then my suprise when I sign up to Field Pass, click for my first commentary & it's Dave, Scott & the 850 team doing it.. It is worth it though, as I get to see 2 or maybe 3 games at most a season on TV over here.

What would be really nice though, & my soccer team do it for their commentaries over here, would be some sort of slide show as well. Even if you can't actually see the play, you can see patterns & how things are developing.

As an aside, I did catch some of the NFL Network webcasts over the week or so upto & including the draft, and thought it was quite good. Any idea as to if this feature will be made permanent or not?
                    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

DIM,

KOA 850 is awesome ..... every game last year live (if your keen enough like me then you will have to get up at 3am on a monday morning ... but its worth it)

Dont bother with fieldpass as they use KOA's coverage anyway.

Comment

Here's an idea...

Is it possible to somehow capture the stream to a file for playback later?
                        If so, why don't you get up at 3 AM, and start to capture the game to a file, then watch your Television games as per normal (but you'll have to ignore the updates they do, however you can always tell when the updates are coming on CBS as they play this jingle of sorts). You'll just have to condition yourself to reacting to it and turn away or like BlueDamsel advises; GO GET ANOTHER FOSTERS!

This way maybe you get the best of both worlds and get to sleep too.
                        Last edited by Road_Apples; 05-06-2004, 07:56 PM.

Comment

hmm ...thought about doing that ... but i wanna hear the game live ... otherwise i will be tempted to check for scores when i wake up .....

man ... my flat mate usually freaks out as he can hear me yelling down the house when we score ..... he wasnt happy the second game against the chiefs last year

Comment

Being in Australia half way around the world, you are sort of in another "time" per se. Let me explain, please.

I worked steady nights for about 4 years 1980-1984 and I remember it was pretty easy to get into "another world" where you are so far removed from "live" that you sort of live in this "nether world" - a sort of altered reality. At that time I remember taping TV shows on our (huge ass) JVC VHS and watching it when I got up from my sleep in the early afternoon. I have this rule about not drinking alcohol until after 12 PM (local time), so it was pretty cool to watch a Hockey game that I taped the night before. I just ignored any talk about the game. It was much easier then than it is now with 24 hour news/sports/weather/sex....

Anyway, you may want to watch or hear it "live", but there is no real difference if you are in that "time delay zone". So making it easer on yourself and your room-mate(s) might be a preferred alternative in the end. You really can't tell the difference if you've been out of the live loop and re-insert yourself after you catch up- trust me on this. Besides, it's only once a week!
                            Last edited by Road_Apples; 05-06-2004, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I was in Hong Kong all of last season, I stayed up till between 2 and 5 AM to watch the games on the internet (got to see 4 of them) and I listened to the rest on Field Pass.

The NFL games over the internet was a special deal for hong kong and basically a few games off sunday ticket every week.

Comment

Working...
                              X