It's got to be personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I’m not sure you are 100% correct. I think it’s more likely that Elway hadn’t moved on from Lock and was influencing the decision to not go all in on a quarterback in the draft. Paton bent to the will of the boss and he and the coaches brought Teddy in as a plan B realistically having seen and evaluated Lock over the past season and knew it would be unlikely that he would establish himself.

Sure enough, Lock was unable to outplay Teddy (big surprise). So they then had to go with plan B which was always going to be less than ideal.

It was a bad plan no matter what. Lock hadn’t shown enough to be afforded the faith that was put in him, and Teddy had shown enough to know he wasn’t going to be the solution (and contractually was never going to be more than a one year bandaid).

Long story short, Elway struck again.
    You're kidding, right?

1st: Elway has no power anymore (could we please stop turning the person who is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 Super Bowls into a super villain). The only reason he is still there is because Ellis knew better than to outright fire the most important person in team history.

2nd: Lock did outplay T2Y (slightly). It's been pretty clear from the get-go that the job was Teddy's to lose. His and Lock's play was neck and neck throughout pre-season, and it was close enough that they could call Teddy the winner. However, all the pre-season revealed was Teddy can't sustain drives without extra downs, something that has carried over to the regular season.

I am convinced that Paton has an emotional attachment to T2Y. I would be interested to know how strong his influence was when Minnesota drafted him.
    Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Patton wanted his guy at QB. The competition was by most accounts 50/50. When a competition is 50/50, you go with the guy with a higher upside which was Lock. They waited a long time to name the starter in a effort to pick TB as the starter.
      How did Lock have the higher upside? He couldn’t distance himself from Teddy. Which probably means we were gonna get the same as last season. Which was terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

How did Lock have the higher upside? He couldn’t distance himself from Teddy. Which probably means we were gonna get the same as last season. Which was terrible.
        Please, everyone knows Lock has higher ceiling. 😂we’re getting the same as last season with TB.

Comment

Please, everyone knows Lock has higher ceiling. 😂we’re getting the same as last season with TB.
          So you’re saying Teddy is Lock’s ceiling? Sounds about right. If Lock being neck and neck with Teddy is all the growth we got after an off-season…..that speaks volumes. And Pton, who has no attachment to Lock, probably figured why do the same thing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

You're kidding, right?

1st: Elway has no power anymore (could we please stop turning the person who is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 Super Bowls into a super villain). The only reason he is still there is because Ellis knew better than to outright fire the most important person in team history.

2nd: Lock did outplay T2Y (slightly). It's been pretty clear from the get-go that the job was Teddy's to lose. His and Lock's play was neck and neck throughout pre-season, and it was close enough that they could call Teddy the winner. However, all the pre-season revealed was Teddy can't sustain drives without extra downs, something that has carried over to the regular season.

I am convinced that Paton has an emotional attachment to T2Y. I would be interested to know how strong his influence was when Minnesota drafted him.
            What fantazy - Lock was the starter going into camp and was the preseason starter. It is bizarre to even claim that Lock "won" the preseason. This is from Broncoswire;
            PHP Code:
            Through the first two weeks of preseasonBridgewater went 16-of-19 passing for 179 yards with two touchdowns and no turnoversHe also rushed for a touchdown but that score was negated by a penalty.

Bridgewater had been competing with Drew Lock for the starting jobLock went 14-of-21 passing for 231 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in two preseason gamesLock also fumbled twice but recovered both of them

Comment

So you’re saying Teddy is Lock’s ceiling? Sounds about right. If Lock being neck and neck with Teddy is all the growth we got after an off-season…..that speaks volumes. And Pton, who has no attachment to Lock, probably figured why do the same thing again.
              No.TB is Brian Greise.

Comment

No.TB is Brian Greise.
                What is Lock?
                Kyle Orton?

Comment

No.TB is Brian Greise.
                  So Lock wouldn't beat out Griese either?

Comment

So Lock wouldn't beat out Griese either?
                    He beat out TB. But like I said Patton wanted his guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What is Lock?
                      Kyle Orton?
                      Better than TB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What is Lock?
                        Kyle Orton?

No that is Teddy LOL 😂

Comment

Drew Clearly Beat Out 8 Year Old Washed Up Has Been QB except Teddy was and is not even a Serviceable Back lol 😂

Comment

Better than TB.
                            Totally 💯 Way Better.

Comment

How many games did he start if he beat out Teddy?

Comment

How many games did he start if he beat out Teddy?
                                Like I said, Patton had TB pegged as the starter the moment he signed

Comment

Working...
                                X