Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Like I said, Patton had TB pegged as the starter the moment he signed
    Or, more than likely, Lock proved he was not better than TB. Because he didn't win the starting job.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

You're kidding, right?

1st: Elway has no power anymore (could we please stop turning the person who is directly responsible for 7 of our 8 Super Bowls into a super villain). The only reason he is still there is because Ellis knew better than to outright fire the most important person in team history.

2nd: Lock did outplay T2Y (slightly). It's been pretty clear from the get-go that the job was Teddy's to lose. His and Lock's play was neck and neck throughout pre-season, and it was close enough that they could call Teddy the winner. However, all the pre-season revealed was Teddy can't sustain drives without extra downs, something that has carried over to the regular season.

I am convinced that Paton has an emotional attachment to T2Y. I would be interested to know how strong his influence was when Minnesota drafted him.
      Your argument doesn’t make sense. IF Teddy was Paton’s guy, then why have an open competition? Who does that benefit? Certainly the coaches don’t want an open competition. Paton wouldn’t. What is the possible motivation to do that since it takes reps away from the eventual starter? If your assertion were true, there would be no motivation to do this. They would have crowned Teddy the minute he rode into town and been fine with that.

No, the only thing that makes sense here is that there was someone influential pulling for Lock. And who would that be? Let’s see…the coaches certainly haven’t shown Lock any love… we’ll then, who drafted him and is president of football operations. Oh that’s right, it’s Elway.

Do you really think Elway has zero power? That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Who do you think Paton reports to? Who is Paton’s boss?

Your two arguments are at odds. Either Paton didn’t have preconceived notion’s and they did have an honest, open competition and Lock lost in their eyes, or Paton did want Teddy to start was playing out the charade for someone’s benefit, and if so point to a more likely stakeholder than John Elway.
      Last edited by Humberg; 11-06-2021, 11:32 PM.
      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• This is just getting outta hand. People need to realize that Teddy is gonna be the guy unless he get hurt really bad period. All signs have shown that up to this point. I'm NOT a Teddy or Lock fan they but suck and need to be gone after this year.

People just really need to accept it. We will be moving on from both after this year.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• TB is a decent QB, I think it takes a half a season To get comfortable with a new team. I expect TB to have better games every week.
          As far as Lock is concerned, he is a talented young man as well, he just may need a new situation to see if he can become a better NFL Qb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            TB is a decent QB, I think it takes a half a season To get comfortable with a new team. I expect TB to have better games every week.
            As far as Lock is concerned, he is a talented young man as well, he just may need a new situation to see if he can become a better NFL Qb?
            If he hasn’t gotten comfortable with the team by now, then getting comfortable with the team isn’t going to happen. TC, preseason & the first 4 games of the season is where you get comfortable.

Comment

• TB is actually doing a decent job, we just need to tweak the play calling a little and score some more points. Our defense is playing respectable as well.
              We are sitting at 4-4, if we can get a few breaks and get a couple wins, things will be good.

Comment

• This has to be funniest string of misguided opinions, with a couple of exceptions, that I've read since Woody Paige annointed the "mindless bronco fans" on the "Mike and Woody" radio show back in the 1970s.

I'm guessing that not too many people on this board remember that radio sports talk show as their parents probably hadn't even been born yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                  This has to be funniest string of misguided opinions, with a couple of exceptions, that I've read since Woody Paige annointed the "mindless bronco fans" on the "Mike and Woody" radio show back in the 1970s.

I'm guessing that not too many people on this board remember that radio sports talk show as their parents probably hadn't even been born yet.
                  Imagine Irv and Joe discussing the last 5 years! Lots of "Red Dog" would be flying everywhere

Comment

• I don't think you can really make an opinion on how the season's going until they are guaranteed to have a losing record? It is just a game after all, and it does have a funny shaped ball and sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't.
                    I certainly don't have the answers to figure out what's actually wrong with the Broncos, but I know that there's a lot of professionals doing their thing trying to win football games.

It would be great to have a superstar quarterback, and until then I think we're just going to be a mediocre football team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      I don't think you can really make an opinion on how the season's going until they are guaranteed to have a losing record? It is just a game after all, and it does have a funny shaped ball and sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesn't.
                      I certainly don't have the answers to figure out what's actually wrong with the Broncos, but I know that there's a lot of professionals doing their thing trying to win football games.

It would be great to have a superstar quarterback, and until then I think we're just going to be a mediocre football team.
                      I appreciate your point that there’s a lot of football left to be played. But, looking at how this team is being managed, coached and how they are playing, certainly there is cause for alarm and room for criticism.

Are we playing for a playoff spot? Then why trade away our best defensive player? Are we in rebuild mode? Then why not trade Teddy B, Gordon and others to continue to stockpile picks?

Specifically in regard to your statement about quarterback, did they think Lock had a chance to be the future? If not, did they really think Teddy B was the answer? If not, why not go with a first round pick to get a quarterback? What are they doing in the management of the quarterback room? How does any of this make sense?

Again, I’m all for “any given Sunday” type thinking, but it’s hard to ignore that so far this team looks bad, the coaching looks bad, and the management decisions look even worse.

And ultimately, I think Denver fans have a higher standard than the Lions, the Browns, the WFT. And what we are doing is standing up saying “hey Broncos, we’re noticing the lousy teams you are giving us to watch for the last seven years and that isn’t acceptable here.”

We are, after all, the consumer, that which makes it possible for them to play this game with a weird shaped ball for a living as grown men.
                      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I appreciate your point that there’s a lot of football left to be played. But, looking at how this team is being managed, coached and how they are playing, certainly there is cause for alarm and room for criticism.

Are we playing for a playoff spot? Then why trade away our best defensive player? Are we in rebuild mode? Then why not trade Teddy B, Gordon and others to continue to stockpile picks?

Specifically in regard to your statement about quarterback, did they think Lock had a chance to be the future? If not, did they really think Teddy B was the answer? If not, why not go with a first round pick to get a quarterback? What are they doing in the management of the quarterback room? How does any of this make sense?

Again, I’m all for “any given Sunday” type thinking, but it’s hard to ignore that so far this team looks bad, the coaching looks bad, and the management decisions look even worse.

And ultimately, I think Denver fans have a higher standard than the Lions, the Browns, the WFT. And what we are doing is standing up saying “hey Broncos, we’re noticing the lousy teams you are giving us to watch for the last seven years and that isn’t acceptable here.”

We are, after all, the consumer, that which makes it possible for them to play this game with a weird shaped ball for a living as grown men.
                        And where does it end? Ask the Texans and Browns. They keep.using that strategy every year and it gets them nowhere. Desean Watson notwithstanding
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Humberg View Post

I saw an article that several teams wanted to make a trade for TB, including the Saints but the Broncos weren't interested. That really concerns me. But it goes to your point that they actually thought he was the answer. Yikes.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

I saw an article that several teams wanted to make a trade for TB, including the Saints but the Broncos weren't interested. That really concerns me. But it goes to your point that they actually thought he was the answer. Yikes.
                            TB is sadly the best QB we have had since Peyton, and at that he appears to be a fairly good mentor if we should draft someone better than Lock next year.
                            While it is theoretically possible that Lock is vaccinated and has still contracted COVID, it seems like a very good thing that we are not riding Lock at the moment. Lock seems to make dumb moves that would hurt the team on and off the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

TB is sadly the best QB we have had since Peyton, and at that he appears to be a fairly good mentor if we should draft someone better than Lock next year.
                              While it is theoretically possible that Lock is vaccinated and has still contracted COVID, it seems like a very good thing that we are not riding Lock at the moment. Lock seems to make dumb moves that would hurt the team on and off the field.
                              I’ll give credit where credit is due. TB finally looked good..

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What fantazy - Lock was the starter going into camp and was the preseason starter. It is bizarre to even claim that Lock "won" the preseason. This is from Broncoswire;
                                PHP Code:
                                Through the first two weeks of preseasonBridgewater went 16-of-19 passing for 179 yards with two touchdowns and no turnoversHe also rushed for a touchdown but that score was negated by a penalty.

Bridgewater had been competing with Drew Lock for the starting jobLock went 14-of-21 passing for 231 yards with two touchdowns and no turnovers in two preseason gamesLock also fumbled twice but recovered both of them
                                I guess this is where I just have a different perspective than a lot of people. The stat line doesn't tell the entire story of what I thought I saw. I thought it was a huge red flag that Teddy needed extra (IE 4th down attempts) downs on both of his TD passes. I felt it demonstrated his inability to get things done in three downs, and that there was no way he would get those extra downs in the regular season. Now I'll admit that we have gone for it on 4th down way more than I thought we would, and I'll even admit that Teddy has been really good on those 4th downs. However, the downside to that is we have needed to go for it so many times on 4th down because this team (and Teddy especially) has been terrible on 3rd down. I feel pretty vindicated in my evaluation.
                                Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X