No announcement yet.

It's got to be personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody PLEASE explain to me what the benefit is of starting Bridgewater after the bye. Ok, you guys got you wanted. After a TC and preseason where the QB competition was 50/50 the truth is Lock never had a chance. So ya got Teddy, a career backup to man the ship. Newsflash Teddy is not it.
    So someone tell me why we aren’t getting Lock ready to start come week 12. Lock doesn’t fit Shurmurs lame scheme and Shurmur refuses to change anything he does for his players skillset, which is the sign of a horrible coach.
    Teddy is not the future, so why not give Drew one final shot, 7 games, to prove he’s the guy. Open up the offense, run more shotgun, let him do what he does best.
    I fully DO NOT expect this to happen simply because of the geriatric bland coaches we have. It makes no sense. I said it before the season started, with Teddy we’re looking at 8-9 or 9-8 at absolute best. By golly I was right. The fact remains;

I WOULD RATHER LOSE WITH DREW THAN WIN WITH TEDDY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post
      This team gives every indication that they are planning on building the team around Steady Teddy. There is no earthly reason he is starting now outside of that. I hope all are prepared for Teddy to come back for year 2 here. With so many NFL QBs making giant leaps forward in year 3 and with Lock having the arm that he has, it seems like this team has been 100% convinced that Teddy Bridgewater is the man to bring the team to the promised land with the right pieces around him. I look forward to his 2022 campaign. Sorry Drew, the future is Teddy. I look forward to us drafting anything but a QB in round 1 next year.

Good god you can’t be serious. Outside of maybe Washington we have the worst QB situation in the league.

Comment

• "Teddy's our Quarterback"

No he's YOUR QB, and thanks for freeing my Sundays up.

Why would I watch anymore? Do you think Bridgewater was like "oops, hey y'all are right I'll actually start trying now"?

When you have the QB taking plays off and then joking with the opposition about letting them score, why in the flatbill hat would I waste one more second?

​​​​​
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Good god you can’t be serious. Outside of maybe Washington we have the worst QB situation in the league.
          We could be the Lions...or Texans. Theirs are much much worse.

Comment

• At least we didn't give up draft capital to get Jared Goff.

Even with better QB play we are not a playoff team. You can't give up the amount we do in the run game defensively unless Peyton Manning in his prime is your QB of course also essentially being his own OC. Even the Colts played better run defense late in the season than Denver is right now when Peyton won the his first Super Bowl. The Colts were a bad run defense that year.

I am not a Lock fan, just no. However, maybe the kid has a little trade value if a team or 2 sees him play so that they can at least see if he is worth a backup job. I am not a big fan of tanking. Drew should play this week but he won't unless we are getting killed, or Bridgewater gets hurt, or maybe not even then.

Comment

• I am not in the meeting room or on the practice field, so it is hard to determine just how bad Lock truly is.

But from the adamant refusal to play him the coaches and his teammates must feel he is completely incompetent and useless.

Which begs the question, why is such a useless player still on the roster?

Seems a good business decision would have been to trade him or cut him once the coaches made up their minds. Remove the distraction and either elevate Rypien or sign another journeyman as backup.

Just another perplexing decision by this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                I am not in the meeting room or on the practice field, so it is hard to determine just how bad Lock truly is.

But from the adamant refusal to play him the coaches and his teammates must feel he is completely incompetent and useless.

Seems a good business decision would have been to trade him or cut him once the coaches made up their minds. Remove the distraction and either elevate Rypien or sign another journeyman as backup.

It can’t be that. Why would Lock be the primary back up, if he’s so useless?

There is something weird going on though. None of it makes sense.
                Last edited by broncolee; 11-16-2021, 09:19 AM.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I am not in the meeting room or on the practice field, so it is hard to determine just how bad Lock truly is.

I do not live in Denver so, is Lock really a distraction? I don't ever hear people pining for him to start like they did with tebow/orton. Or Lock/Flacco.
                  Last edited by jmz313; 11-16-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I do not live in Denver so, is Lock really a distraction? I don't ever hear people pining for him to start like they did with tebow/orton. Or Lock/Flacco.
                    Tebow was a different kind of distraction.

If the Broncos had drafted Mac Jones, you probably would see people pining for him to start over Bridgewater. Lock has baggage, so there isn’t going to be a cavalry charge for him to start.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

We could be the Lions...or Texans. Theirs are much much worse.
                      I’d much rather have Goff or Tyrod Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Tebow was a different kind of distraction.

If the Broncos had drafted Mac Jones, you probably would see people pining for him to start over Bridgewater. Lock has baggage, so there isn’t going to be a cavalry charge for him to start.
                        What baggage exactly? The kid got screwed. He had a fine rookie season then got Pat Shurmur dumped in his lap. Shurmur shouldn’t be coaching pop Warner football. Drew was forced into Shurmurs lame duck system and simply does not fit it. So instead of adjusting his system to fit the skillset of his QB they go out and find some turd who had moderate success in that played out system to replace him. The way Fangio handled the QB competition is embarrassing. Lock was always the guy. Our horrific coaching staff dropped the ball and possibly ruined a kids career. I won’t watch another game that Bridgewater is under center.

Comment

What baggage exactly? The kid got screwed. He had a fine rookie season then got Pat Shurmur dumped in his lap. Shurmur shouldn’t be coaching pop Warner football. Drew was forced into Shurmurs lame duck system and simply does not fit it. So instead of adjusting his system to fit the skillset of his QB they go out and find some turd who had moderate success in that played out system to replace him. The way Fangio handled the QB competition is embarrassing. Lock was always the guy. Our horrific coaching staff dropped the ball and possibly ruined a kids career. I won’t watch another game that Bridgewater is under center.
                          I agree with what you’re saying.

However, there are a lot of people who want to fault Lock while at the same time saying the coaching staff is garbage. After only 18 games, many fans want to write Lock off as a bust. It makes no sense, but that’s what it is.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You are correct. Lock is not a distraction at that level. The Broncos and local media “ insiders” have done an excellent job of making it clear he lost the job and is not a good QB. Bridgewater is the “ best chance to win”. Fangio has made it clear that Lock will never see the field even if Bridgewater is limited due to injury or embarrassingly quits competing for his team.

To my question though, if Lock is so useless why waste a roster spot on him?

Comment

You are correct. Lock is not a distraction at that level. The Broncos and local media “ insiders” have done an excellent job of making it clear he lost the job and is not a good QB. Bridgewater is the “ best chance to win”. Fangio has made it clear that Lock will never see the field even if Bridgewater is limited due to injury or embarrassingly quits competing for his team.

To my question though, if Lock is so useless why waste a roster spot on him?
                              If it was up to Fangio, Lock would be long gone. The good news is Paton gets to make that decision. Lock will be here next year and Fangio probably won't and hopefully neither will Shurmur. Lock can get a real coach that actually believes in him and we can finally see if he can function in a real offense.
                              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I’d much rather have Goff or Tyrod Taylor.
                                Goff is going to cost 31m towards Detroit's cap next year. that's a lot of money per a tie..

Comment

Working...
                                X