It's got to be personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

He was probably worth more before they told the rest of the NFL they'd rather have Teddy Bridgewater. If somebody trades significant capital (anything more than a 4th, I'd wager) for Lock, they're basically saying that the Broncos suck. The good news is that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't suck. The Panthers tried telling the Jets they suck, and apparently they also suck. One thing we do know. It sucks to suck.
    If they can get better than a 7th round pick, it would be worth it to trade him.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If they can get better than a 7th round pick, it would be worth it to trade him.
      Oh, I think they can do better than that. If the 9ers didn't move up for Lance, that'd be a prime destination. I'm sure some team with a crappy vet starter would be willing to take flyer on him for an earlier Day 3 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER
        Waaaah, poor lock waaaaaahhhh.

It's not fair.
        Hes a better QB
        The coaches just dont like him
        His ceiling is higher
        He has a bigger arm
        Injuries
        New scheme
        new coaches
        4-1 record as a rookie
        Covid season
        If he has.... great coaching, all star backs, and all pro oLine, lots of weapons outside he'd be great. ( as if any QB wouldnt be great with all pros across the bored on O )

waaaaaaahhh

Did I miss anything?
        Any other excuses as to why dude has amounted to a bag of chips and a 20oz of pop?
        Getting sick of hearing about the damn guy, and all the lame retreaded excuses his supporters offer.

As much as I dont want to see him. Get the guy on the damn field so he can throw and fumble the game away, so ONCE AGAIN we can see hes not a starter. (He hasn't even proved to be a good back up) So as a fan base we can rid ourselves of this hypothetical high ceiling guy, that never puts it together and freaking move on. Dudes just another bust, in a LONG line of Drafted Denver QBs that never panned out.

Dude lost his job, and appears to be pouting on the sidelines instead of honing his craft, and getting better. He should be reviewing game film, talking to coaches, and checking with Teddy when they come off the field.
        Instead he sits on the bench, by himself looking like hes uninterested in the game.( that should tell you all you need to know about the guy )

I'm over it. Bench teddy, play lock so he can " ball out " and land us another top 10 draft pick and we can be done.
        Man I agree with EVERYTHING you said about lock. But them lock supporters is bout to come for you in full affect lol
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I don't know if it's personal. By most metrics, Lock was ranked between 30th and 35th (in a 32 team league). He lead the league in not completing it to his guys while also leading the league in completing it to the other team. I get watching Teddy and this offense is like watching paint dry, but losing in exciting or adventurous ways is also still losing. It just sucks that these are the 2 guys we are arguing about being the starter. It's a 5-6 win team (again) and neither of these guys will be Broncos next year. We have landed in NFL purgatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            I don't know if it's personal. By most metrics, Lock was ranked between 30th and 35th (in a 32 team league). He lead the league in not completing it to his guys while also leading the league in completing it to the other team. I get watching Teddy and this offense is like watching paint dry, but losing in exciting or adventurous ways is also still losing. It just sucks that these are the 2 guys we are arguing about being the starter. It's a 5-6 win team (again) and neither of these guys will be Broncos next year. We have landed in NFL purgatory.
            Well put. I am also out of optimism for the rest of this season, I will still watch from my couch but don't think I will have much to be excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              I admit that I could be wrong, but it just feels that way to me. We are clearly at a point where something needs to happen. Teddy (predictably) cannot get the job done, and Drew still has that "potential" factor. There is no reason not to put him in to see if something sparks. It feels very similar to what happened in 2019. By all reports Drew was ready to go, and they wouldn't even activate him.

Was his second year (or first 17 games) great? No, of course not. But his numbers are not that dissimilar to players like Mayfield and Allen.

I'll be honest, I in no way thought the kid was worth a 1st round pick, but I was pretty ok with taking a flyer in the second. I don't actually think he has what it takes, but there is a chance I could be wrong, so I would like to see that. And, as long as we don't have a better option (and we don't) that is what I want to see.

Teddy has given everything he has, and is currently in the middle of his best season (even better than his [lol] "pro bowl" year), and it just isn't good enough. With no hope that it will ever get better.
              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Man I agree with EVERYTHING you said about lock. But them lock supporters is bout to come for you in full affect lol

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                  It might be personal with Shurmur.
                  I tend to think this is the issue. It seems that Vic is disinterested in the offense and Shurmur calls the shots. The buck stops with Vic but it seems he may have passed that decision on the Surmur.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                    Alternative theory: Drew Lock isn’t a good quarterback. How did he do in the Baltimore game to prove he should be the starter?
                    I’m sorry, what part of no reps with the starters, or a game plan centered on Locks strengths are you not understanding?!

Comment

Lock will probably do well with most any other team with organized and good coaches. Heck, he'll probably come back and whoop up on us some day..
                      Has this team ever developed good QBs or players for that matter? Was'nt Elway the last rookie QB that did pretty well with the Broncos? Too bad he quit what he was pretty good at.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                        Alternative theory: Drew Lock isn’t a good quarterback. How did he do in the Baltimore game to prove he should be the starter?
                        You mean the game where he had zero reps with the first team and was playing Lamar Jackson in Practice and were running plays from the Ravens play book?

Lock will most likely go to a different team and probably light it up. That's how inept the Broncos are at this point. They can't cultivate talent.
                        Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

You're right, Dude. We should definitely stick with Teddy and his career year since his best makes us a contender. You are also correct that Drew should be attempting to improve, and busting his hump for a coaching staff that clearly wrote him off before anything was proven, and gave away his job to a player that never did anything to earn the job. He should probably start by asking T2Y how he can overlook the deep, open, receiver and hit that 3 yard check down on third and 9.
                          Because I said locks a bust, that means I said we stick with teddy? Make up whatever you want.
                          Maybe you didnt read the entire post, or maybe your just ignoring the fact that I wrapped my post up by saying bench teddy.

Idc if the coaching staff told him straight up, that hes garbage. This is PROFESSIONAL ball. When things dont go your way, you don't just throw your hands up and give up, and pout.
                          By the way, lock would have to last long enough in the pocket, to even hit that dump off. Sack fumble, or scramble and chuck it outta bounds. That's lock ceiling, so far..

Wasnt one of the knocks on lock last season, was that he was missing, not even seeing, the open WRs?

Maybe if our oline instilled some confidence in our QB, that he would have time to throw. Maybe, just maybe any QB playing for us, would see open WRs and not just dump the ball off short on 3rd and long.
                          That's a whole other issue though.

Lock has no leadership.
                          He isnt reading Defenses.
                          He isnt honing his craft and getting better ( far as I can see ) What reason other then the last 5 games of a season 3years ago, constitutes a starting job?
                          Everyone focuses on those 5 games, and ignores all of last season.
                          :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post

Because I said locks a bust, that means I said we stick with teddy? Make up whatever you want.
                            Maybe you didnt read the entire post, or maybe your just ignoring the fact that I wrapped my post up by saying bench teddy.

Idc if the coaching staff told him straight up, that hes garbage. This is PROFESSIONAL ball. When things dont go your way, you don't just throw your hands up and give up, and pout.
                            By the way, lock would have to last long enough in the pocket, to even hit that dump off. Sack fumble, or scramble and chuck it outta bounds. That's lock ceiling, so far..

Wasnt one of the knocks on lock last season, was that he was missing, not even seeing, the open WRs?

Maybe if our oline instilled some confidence in our QB, that he would have time to throw. Maybe, just maybe any QB playing for us, would see open WRs and not just dump the ball off short on 3rd and long.

Lock has no leadership.
                            He isnt honing his craft and getting better ( far as I can see ) What reason other then the last 5 games of a season 3years ago, constitutes a starting job?
                            NO, I saw the little tissy fit.

I find it funny that Lock can't do any of these things, yet his numbers are virtually identical to Teddy's, which just proves that we should at least see if he can pull it together with some more playing time. In a little more than a seasons worth of games he has almost 4000 yards passing 23 TDs, 18 INTs, and a 60% completion percentage. How is that not encouraging?

I'm not even really a Lock guy, but at least with him there is room for growth. Teddy is doing the best he can, but it's just pathetic, and it has nothing to do with the O-Line play. If he's such a great leader, maybe he should move on too coaching, because the whole playing thing isn't working.

So the kid has no say in where he goes, gets treated shabbily by an out of his depth coach (Fangio or Shurmur, take your pick), and he's not allowed to to be angry? I would do the same thing. Just the bare minimum just to get paid, or make them fire me. He doesn't owe this team anything.
                            Last edited by broncojuan; 10-29-2021, 10:24 PM.
                            Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER
                              Waaaah, poor lock waaaaaahhhh.

It's not fair.
                              Hes a better QB
                              The coaches just dont like him
                              His ceiling is higher
                              He has a bigger arm
                              Injuries
                              New scheme
                              new coaches
                              4-1 record as a rookie
                              Covid season
                              If he has.... great coaching, all star backs, and all pro oLine, lots of weapons outside he'd be great. ( as if any QB wouldnt be great with all pros across the bored on O )

waaaaaaahhh

Did I miss anything?
                              Any other excuses as to why dude has amounted to a bag of chips and a 20oz of pop?
                              Getting sick of hearing about the damn guy, and all the lame retreaded excuses his supporters offer.

As much as I dont want to see him. Get the guy on the damn field so he can throw and fumble the game away, so ONCE AGAIN we can see hes not a starter. (He hasn't even proved to be a good back up) So as a fan base we can rid ourselves of this hypothetical high ceiling guy, that never puts it together and freaking move on. Dudes just another bust, in a LONG line of Drafted Denver QBs that never panned out.

Dude lost his job, and appears to be pouting on the sidelines instead of honing his craft, and getting better. He should be reviewing game film, talking to coaches, and checking with Teddy when they come off the field.
                              Instead he sits on the bench, by himself looking like hes uninterested in the game.( that should tell you all you need to know about the guy )

I'm over it. Bench teddy, play lock so he can " ball out " and land us another top 10 draft pick and we can be done.
                              Very accurate description of the dialogue.

While Teddy might not be what elevates the Broncos, there is a good reason that recievers, coaches etc. prefers him over Lock, and especially the young players that played with Lock appreciates the coach on field aspects of Teddy's play.

It issue with Lock is that he does not read the game properly and his many mistakes are basically that and technique. He does not make the team mates better and he has not improved to a level where he is a keeper. I was hoping for Lock to win the QB competition, but he just makes too many mental mistakes. I can think that a coach like Kubiak could have had success with Lock, but Fangio and Elway did not want to go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post

Lock has no leadership.
                                You’re cherry picking. He showed a lot of improvement during this past preseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X