It's got to be personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Fangios pride/ego is keeping Lock on the bench. Putting Lock in would be a admission he screwed up and picked the wrong QB.
    Dude this is not the first time Fangio kept playing a guy when he did not deserve the be played. Look at the RT situation in previous years. I personally think he is sticking with a guy trying to allow him to work his way out of it....more to do with loyalty but there may be some kind of sticking with what he previously thought he saw in practice (maybe ego/pride or stubborn or any number of things)

Does not matter what the root emotion it is coming from....it is hurting the team.

Last edited by Hadez; 10-31-2021, 08:54 AM.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

https://youtu.be/iXc1EYClBHE
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Ha, Teddy has been pathetic since day 1 really. See that was I'm talking about, nonsense and not true.

Firstly I'm not a fan of Teddy or lock bc the BOTH suck. I don't mind Lock starting. I'm on here saying he should and I want him too. I know I can count on Lock do what he does best and that's lose.
        Rarely hitting receivers in stride, consistently needing extra downs, worst 3rd down conversation in the league... Yes, pathetic.
        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

Rarely hitting receivers in stride, consistently needing extra downs, worst 3rd down conversation in the league... Yes, pathetic.
          Lock would be worse
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Lock would be worse
            He would definitely be different, and we would most likely have the same record, but somebody with actual talent would be growing.

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

He would definitely be different, and we would most likely have the same record, but somebody with actual talent would be growing.
              Growing for what? He is as God as gone.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Stop it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                  Lmao....I felt like I was in the spin cycle with all those turnovers....throw of back foot...forcing the ball. Smh and that want him to be the qb

Comment

Growing for what? He is as God as gone.
                    Of course he is now, but we were projecting to the beginning of the season.

I've said it several times. I don't really know if Drew Lock has what it takes, but I know T2Y doesn't. Put Drew in, and if he doesn't improve, cut our losses. But there is no way the book should have been closed on this kid after a 18 game sample that saw him have 8-9 solid to good games and 9-10 average to bad games.

sigpic

Comment

Lmao....I felt like I was in the spin cycle with all those turnovers....throw of back foot...forcing the ball. Smh and that want him to be the qb
                      To be fair there were like 3-4 that left a lot of blame on the receivers, whether it was their hands or miscommunication (which has to do with Lock too).

But yeah, there were a ton of mechanical flaws, poor decisions, and general inaccuracy that led to these turnovers. Like if he wasn’t having footwork issues in his dropbacks or staring down the go routes, I would feel better about him. I don’t. He was a 2nd round pick for a reason, I don’t know why fans are so invested in him like he’s a top 10 guy. He’s gotten more chances than a lot of other project QBs have. The level of investment doesn’t need to warrant patience at the expense of building a better football team. Fans want to make up this narrative like there’s bad blood or off-field issues between him and the staff, but the fact is that he did not do anything to warrant their trust— hence playing a one-legged Teddy over him. Yeah, Lock lit it up against Carolina and Houston— but he’s shown no consistency whatsoever.

Teddy nor Lock is the answer, but I’d be open to having Lock be our tank commander in 2022 if we don’t make a move for a QB next year.

Comment

Of course he is now, but we were projecting to the beginning of the season.

I've said it several times. I don't really know if Drew Lock has what it takes, but I know T2Y doesn't. Put Drew in, and if he doesn't improve, cut our losses. But there is no way the book should have been closed on this kid after a 18 game sample that saw him have 8-9 solid to good games and 9-10 average to bad games.
                        Outside of the Houston 2019, 2nd half comeback of LAC 2020, Carolina 2020 and possibly MIA 2020 and the second LAC 2020 game (minus Jeudy’s drops)… what solid/good games did he have? What traits did he improve on?

Comment

Outside of the Houston 2019, 2nd half comeback of LAC 2020, Carolina 2020 and possibly MIA 2020 and the second LAC 2020 game (minus Jeudy’s drops)… what solid/good games did he have? What traits did he improve on?
                          So whats your excuse for Bridgewater??? Dude has had 8 yrs in the league. Also our Qb and savior has 3 win against 3 of the worst teams?

Comment

I might be crazy, but to me it's pretty clear at this point that Fangio just does not like Drew Lock, and it must be personal. Going back to 2019 when Vic straight up refused to activate him, and then refused to start him over Allen once he was activated. Then to this year when they brought in T2Y and gave him Lock's starting spot despite the fact that T2Y did nothing to supplant him. Not to mention that Teddy should not have started against Cleveland last week (for health reasons), and this week Lock should get the nod just to try to give the team a jump start.

I would love to know why, but the bottom line is it's kinda of petty coming from a 60+ year old "man."
                            Meanwhile....just for the record...Fields is looking awesome for da bears today.

Comment

I felt that he played solid(could be better, but wasn't the reason the team lost) to good(put the team in a position to win) in 4 of the last 6 games last year. Miami, Carolina, LA, and LV. The argument could also be made that, outside of a dang good play by White, he was solid against a Buffalo team we couldn't have beat in our dreams. I also though he played well against Tennessee, and in the first LA game. I give him all but the KC game in 2019 in the solid to good category.

During that stretch last year he forced the ball less and really appeared to know where the WRs would be, plus it seemed as if he had found his deep stroke (i.e. less over throws). He still threw off his back foot far too much (good call), and had next to no pocket presence (could somebody please tell the kid if his second read isn't there he needs to make the other reads while making his way to the line of scrimmage?). It was just enough to give me a little hope.

The trade for Teddy took that (little bit) of hope all away, because it was clear from day one that he would be playing, due to his low risk style appealing to Vic/Pat.

I still have a lot of doubts about Drew living up to his potential, but I have no doubts about the limitations of Teddy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbeck81 View Post

So whats your excuse for Bridgewater??? Dude has had 8 yrs in the league. Also our Qb and savior has 3 win against 3 of the worst teams?
                                Did you see my post right above the comment you quoted? Teddy ain't the answer either, and I was an ardent supporter of his. Teddy is not good and Lock is even worse. To be fair, Lock has more volatility so his best is slightly better than Teddy's but his worst is much worse. I didn't even mention Teddy in that comment.

Again what is your answer to my question? Even during those games, he still showed those same mechanical flaws and some questionable decisions... the thing with gunslingers is that they keep slinging and I'm glad Lock had success in those games. Even in the Baltimore 2nd half he still stared down targets. We talk about Teddy underthrowing/overthrowing Sutton deep, but at least those targets were able to hit his hands... Lock's deep targets to Sutton against the Ravens were completely out of reach. On the last INT to end the game he threw off of his back foot. As a backup, you should still prepare for the game like you will play. I commend Lock for going in there and doing his best, but all the bad habits still remained. Even when he had a full offseason to correct it. And no, he doesn't need 100% of the first team reps to fix his flaws from last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X