Broncos Won Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Won Yesterday

I understand why there are so many negative threads, but I am a little surprised that as I write this, there is barely one positive thread about The Broncos on page one of this forum. OK, I have been hard on them too, and sure, Washington is not exactly a stud team, but the boys (as my buddy likes to call pro male athletes....cuz he and I are ancient) did what they had to do to keep their season alive. A loss and I would have almost written them off for any playoff hopes, but the win keeps them in the hunt.

As of today, The Broncos are tightly within the playoff bubble, and just 1 win behind the division lead. If they get any form of momentum, they are in.

And how about that D performance? Simmons had 2 pics and 7 tackles. And the group had 5 sacks! And the other good news, Jeudy now has a game under his belt.

Listen, I still expect changes this offseason, maybe even sooner. But The Broncos by definition are far from out of it.

On the positive side.
    Jeudys impact on the O, is noticable.

17pts is nothing to write home about, but we actually moved the ball, scored more then 7pts, and converted a few timely 1st downs.

It's a game to build off of, for the offense.
    :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

4-4 is 4-4. Not 2-6. Can’t beat good teams but aren’t losing to the bad teams for the first time in years.

Still officially in the playoff hunt for now. But it does hurt to see Von go. Even if I get the business side of it.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, there is a lot of negativity because the Broncos are a bad team right now. The Offense is bad, the Defense is bad, the Special Teams isn't special, the game plans are ineffective, and the playcalling is ridiculous. They barely squeaked out a win against another bad team after almost managing to give the game away with one of the worst final drives I've ever seen. Fumble. Incomplete. Fumble. With 37 seconds left in a one score game while in opposing territory. Sure it would be fun to see them make the playoffs this year but they will get smoked in the first round by anyone they meet.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

We did nothing well yesterday. If it weren't for Shelby being a beast we probably would have lost again
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

We play Dal and Phi then get the bye. We then play the remaining 5 division game and Det. Our playoff chances are in our control.

Personally I want to make the playoffs even if we have no chance to go deep. Would like to see a non-losing season as we just had 4 losing seasons since our last winning record in 2016. Maybe make the playoffs for first time since 2015.

I just see no chance of it as scoring 17 points seems like a deep struggle for this team.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              We did nothing well yesterday. If it weren't for Shelby being a beast we probably would have lost again
              Interesting. I'd say our ST played well.

Comment

It sure didn't feel like a win. There was nothing to be positive about, even the two ints were empty. Both came on a hail marry attempt, not like it was impressive from Justin but does pad his stats a bit.

The defense was depressing, the offense sucks just like always. What is there to be excited about? Put lock in since the season is over. We can confirm that yes he sucks and try a rebuild next year.

Comment

It would be nice to Beat the Cowboys this week.

Comment

Remember it's more important in how you win, than just winning, because how you win is 100% predictive of future performances... or is it?

Comment

Years ago we would have some really close games, low scoring games against the Chargers,They were ugly, but they were Wins!
                      I like the wins, there are negatives a lot of times, but there are positives as well.
                      As long as the defense isn't getting blown away, I think things are not that bad. I don't think we are a playoff team or anything, but things could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                        Remember it's more important in how you win, than just winning, because how you win is 100% predictive of future performances... or is it?
                        We've played 8 games. We won the 4 that we played against really bad teams, including this last one that ended up pretty close. We lost the 4 that we played against the teams that weren't really bad, and those games were only close right up until the opening kickoff. So...do you see a trend here?
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

As long as we can be competitive and even win ugly, I'm all in on ugly.. just not 55-10 ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                            As long as we can be competitive and even win ugly, I'm all in on ugly.. just not 55-10 ugly.
                            I am disappointed with our offense, I don't really believe in our defense, but I will take whatever wins we can get.

Comment

A positive thread. I like the concept.

Yes the team is 4-4 and “technically” in the playoff hunt. I’m always willing to watch what plays out. We’ll see what it looks like after a few more games.

The biggest positive I see at this particular moment is a slight paradigm shift. IMO, trading Von midsession was a telling move not just on a personnel level, but also on a philosophy level.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I truly believe trading Von was a demarcation point for moving into the next era for Broncos football. Giving up traditions in favor of moving into a modern era.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X