Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    We’re on this board to analyze and pick apart everything involving our team.

We’ve been a bad football team, no doubt about it— but I find it healthy to find silver linings and positivity with this team where there such developments are legitimate.

Barring a miracle winning streak and teams ahead of us collapsing miserably, we’re probably not making the playoffs as we sit here at 4-4.

The coaching staff will be gone, Teddy will walk in FA, and the 2022 offseason will clearly be a defining moment in our franchise to usher in new coaches, new players, and hopefully new ownership.

The win was super ugly, but it’s a W regardless. I imagine the players have been working very hard to get back in the win column, despite the underwhelming schematic limits. For our young core that has only really known losing in the past few years, any win will feel good and only contribute to the drive for more success. I worry about Jeudy and Surtain coming from a seemingly invincible college program in Alabama and being discouraged by all this losing… so just to see them playing a part in eeking out wins and being part of the core that should turn this thing around, I’m excited.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yes.....but I have a take here: if most threads are at least partially negative, and The Broncos win a game, why not give it some positive space. Not every player/coach/exec/employee/fan is tainted because of the team's performance. Like I say, it's a small thread, can't we just use up space in all those other ones?
    I see your point CanDB however this Win was a very ugly Win and it could of been a Loss just like that even though it was not a Loss it sure felt like it. The way they are being coached and being lead by a QB who can only throw for 50 yards a half is just plain Bad. Until change actually happens in Denver Broncos Country things like this will remain the same. It is sad when a Win still feels like a Loss.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I really understand the positivity. In the end we all love the Broncos, (not you ear2dastreets, you're a Ravens fan) that's why we're all here.

I personally think the win made a bad situation a little bit worse. Hurts draft positioning, lost players, looked like fools, again. Gives coaches who are crawling on their knees for their jobs crumbs of excuses to try and get off the floor.

But we're not losing to bad teams! That's great news. Shelby didn't block that kick, blewitt kicked it right into his chest. Two missed fgs on a calm sunny day in mile high and a dropped interception is the difference between winning and losing right now for the Broncos

AND THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That's why there's so many negative threads. Because even the positives are bad.
    Yes.....but I have a take here: if most threads are at least partially negative, and The Broncos win a game, why not give it some positive space. Not every player/coach/exec/employee/fan is tainted because of the team's performance. Like I say, it's a small thread, can't we just use up space in all those other ones?

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    I really understand the positivity. In the end we all love the Broncos, (not you ear2dastreets, you're a Ravens fan) that's why we're all here.

I personally think the win made a bad situation a little bit worse. Hurts draft positioning, lost players, looked like fools, again. Gives coaches who are crawling on their knees for their jobs crumbs of excuses to try and get off the floor.

But we're not losing to bad teams! That's great news. Shelby didn't block that kick, blewitt kicked it right into his chest. Two missed fgs on a calm sunny day in mile high and a dropped interception is the difference between winning and losing right now for the Broncos

AND THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

That's why there's so many negative threads. Because even the positives are bad.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Well, I sure am glad we are likely playing Dak this week, because imagine how a win against some backup would look.....or a loss!

You know, the guy that beat The Vikes in Minneapolis.

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    I am trying to kick a guy when he is down, but I am glad we took Jerry Jeudy, and not Henry Ruggs right now. I will also take wins anyway we can get them. Whether or not Von was really leading by example, I don't know but wanting to dial back celebration because winning is more important should be a theme going forward on every team that is in a tail-spin.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    A positive thread. I like the concept.

Yes the team is 4-4 and “technically” in the playoff hunt. I’m always willing to watch what plays out. We’ll see what it looks like after a few more games.

The biggest positive I see at this particular moment is a slight paradigm shift. IMO, trading Von midsession was a telling move not just on a personnel level, but also on a philosophy level.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my part, but I truly believe trading Von was a demarcation point for moving into the next era for Broncos football. Giving up traditions in favor of moving into a modern era.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    As long as we can be competitive and even win ugly, I'm all in on ugly.. just not 55-10 ugly.
    I am disappointed with our offense, I don't really believe in our defense, but I will take whatever wins we can get.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    As long as we can be competitive and even win ugly, I'm all in on ugly.. just not 55-10 ugly.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    Remember it's more important in how you win, than just winning, because how you win is 100% predictive of future performances... or is it?
    We've played 8 games. We won the 4 that we played against really bad teams, including this last one that ended up pretty close. We lost the 4 that we played against the teams that weren't really bad, and those games were only close right up until the opening kickoff. So...do you see a trend here?

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Years ago we would have some really close games, low scoring games against the Chargers,They were ugly, but they were Wins!
    I like the wins, there are negatives a lot of times, but there are positives as well.
    As long as the defense isn't getting blown away, I think things are not that bad. I don't think we are a playoff team or anything, but things could be worse.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Remember it's more important in how you win, than just winning, because how you win is 100% predictive of future performances... or is it?

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    It would be nice to Beat the Cowboys this week.

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    It sure didn't feel like a win. There was nothing to be positive about, even the two ints were empty. Both came on a hail marry attempt, not like it was impressive from Justin but does pad his stats a bit.

The defense was depressing, the offense sucks just like always. What is there to be excited about? Put lock in since the season is over. We can confirm that yes he sucks and try a rebuild next year.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    We did nothing well yesterday. If it weren't for Shelby being a beast we probably would have lost again
    Interesting. I'd say our ST played well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X