X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Facts are, given the pace he was on, he was looking ok compared to the season stats he had, when he was the SB king. The point wasn't that he was playing pro bowl football this year, but that he was more relevant than the poster gave credit to. And if he's so over the hill, why did The Rams go after him? You know why, because they know what he can do, and especially what he can do with a really good defensive unit around him. You know, more like in 2015. Not like this year, with the injuries.

Do you know who led The NFL in sacks in 2015? The Broncos....with 52!!! Now if Von had 11, does that not say something about the D around him back then?

Apples to oranges in one sense, but oranges to apples in another.
    According to reports Von was 5th in QB pressures in the NFL this year before he missed last week.

Some only look at sacks but being an effective defender in the NFL is about more than just sacks. Even the past years when Von was playing and people were complaining he was not getting sacks multiple people broke down film and showed even when he was not getting sacks he was opening the door for other players to make plays with his pressures.

There is a reason we got a 2nd and 3rd for Von. His age and recent injuries brought it down to a 2nd and 3rd...his play on the field has been solid.

It will be very interesting to see how much he gets paid in the off season. I think it will be more the JJ Watt got. Unless Von decides to take a deal to play with a contender.
    Last edited by Hadez; 11-02-2021, 04:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied

Facts are, given the pace he was on, he was looking ok compared to the season stats he had, when he was the SB king. The point wasn't that he was playing pro bowl football this year, but that he was more relevant than the poster gave credit to. And if he's so over the hill, why did The Rams go after him? You know why, because they know what he can do, and especially what he can do with a really good defensive unit around him. You know, more like in 2015. Not like this year, with the injuries.

Do you know who led The NFL in sacks in 2015? The Broncos....with 52!!! Now if Von had 11, does that not say something about the D around him back then?

Exactly right.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Projections aren’t facts.

Apparently Von only had half a sack during the four game losing streak.

I think it’s obvious that many have undervalued Von, but I think it’s also obvious that some overvalue Von.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    He's what I don't understand about the NFL. Subject to a contractual term to the contrary, a player under contract has no say in where or how they are traded.

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Tweeted: Rams and Broncos worked last week on the trade, and kept it quiet—with Denver GM George Paton telling Von Miller in person about it, and updating him on everything along the way. Vic Fangio, John Elway, and Joe Ellis also met with Miller in person. Von = Hugely important Bronco. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...970417155?s=20

So they kept Von informed but didn't give him a say.
    I’m guessing he’s not too bummed about going to LA, playing in a new swanky stadium and competing for a ring.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

That was me. It was a general observation about how
    in the NFL in-contract players can simply be traded away regardless of whether they do want to go, unlike in many other sports where the player can decide to stay; or at least only go elsewhere if they agree with the trade.

I'm not saying that if Von were to be traded that he would have opposed a move to join Aaron Donald in Los Angeles, merely that he quite clearly wanted to stay, but couldn't do so.

I agree that on a team to team level it made sense and seems a fair deal.
    The reason i think von had a say is because they were talking. It did not sound like von was mad or disappointed...sad yes which makes me think that everything between them was well done and without any malice

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

OUCH!!!

Those pesky FACTS can really destroy the laughable rhetoric.
    Projections aren’t facts.

Apparently Von only had half a sack during the four game losing streak.

I think it’s obvious that many have undervalued Von, but I think it’s also obvious that some overvalue Von.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    would have liked to have seen a 1st and 3rd. Rams got a deal. And Broncos .......... well they're not winning with Von anyway so
    2nd and 3rd is still very good. It’s good picks in those rounds you can strengthen a roster.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

OUCH!!!

Here's a another pesky truth
    He doesn't play for the Broncos anymore.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied

Lets see...

2015, the year we went on to win The SB, in which Von Miller was the king of the castle:

16 games / 11.0 sacks / 35 total tackles

7 games / 4.5 sacks / 19 total tackles....

....based on 16 game projection

16 games / 10.3 sacks / 43.4 total tackles

Sure, not an apples to apples comparison, but lets not forget Von's more youthful age in '15, plus the folks he had surrounding him.
    OUCH!!!

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    So to say that I was shocked this afternoon after I got A Text Message saying Von Miller was Traded to The LA Rams was and or is an understatement. After the
    Shock of the Trade has wore off I now see it as a True Win Win for Both the Team and Von Miller. #58 I will always wear with Pride just knowing that Von Miller Singly Won Super Bowl 50 for Denver for US. I know that now Von Miller is on the side now of a Demarcus Ware so hopefully he goes to LA to provide them a Spark that will propell them into the Super Bowl and Maybe Von can go get 1 more then come back to Denver to Retire !! Truth is Von Miller is a True Denver Broncos for Life much like we all are!! #58DB4L !!

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    would have liked to have seen a 1st and 3rd. Rams got a deal. And Broncos .......... well they're not winning with Von anyway so
    We basically bought a 2nd and 3rd pick for 9 million.

I'd rather have the 2 and 3 than the 4 compensatory we worked have got when he walked next year

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    He's what I don't understand about the NFL. Subject to a contractual term to the contrary, a player under contract has no say in where or how they are traded.

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Tweeted: Rams and Broncos worked last week on the trade, and kept it quiet—with Denver GM George Paton telling Von Miller in person about it, and updating him on everything along the way. Vic Fangio, John Elway, and Joe Ellis also met with Miller in person. Von = Hugely important Bronco. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...970417155?s=20

So they kept Von informed but didn't give him a say.
    Players can always negotiate a no trade clause in their contract. They have a say they just decide more money is better than a No Trade clause.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    wonder if titans would give a 5th-6th for gordon we need all the picks we can get lots of holes on this team

Leave a comment:

• welderhead
    replied
    There's signs we need change everywhere. Ex - Bronco Case Keenum beat us. Ex - Bronco Trevor Simien beat the Superbowl champs yesterday. I know pretty much what will happen if we play the Rams again. Help Mr. Shurmur pack. Then Mr. Drop Vonn in coverage. Help him pack as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X