Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Maybe could use the picks we got in this trade to help try and get Deshawn Watson

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    To the poster who complained that von didnt have a say...who says he didnt? They talked about it all along the process it seems. He goes to a super bowl contender and we got some decent back for someone who could be a rental and is currently injured. Seems like a win for both sides.
    That was me. It was a general observation about how
    in the NFL in-contract players can simply be traded away regardless of whether they do want to go, unlike in many other sports where the player can decide to stay; or at least only go elsewhere if they agree with the trade.

I'm not saying that if Von were to be traded that he would have opposed a move to join Aaron Donald in Los Angeles, merely that he quite clearly wanted to stay, but couldn't do so.

I agree that on a team to team level it made sense and seems a fair deal.
    Last edited by GMTD; 11-01-2021, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    To the poster who complained that von didnt have a say...who says he didnt? They talked about it all along the process it seems. He goes to a super bowl contender and we got some decent back for someone who could be a rental and is currently injured. Seems like a win for both sides.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    This is a sad day for Broncos Country. I'm sick.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Mosk View Post
    I don’t think we’re done selling either. I would like to see Paton go full rebuild.

Fant to Packers
    Fuller to Bucs
    Gordon to Titans
    Teddy two gloves and Patrick to the Saints
    ( I love Patrick but he will get big contract this off-season from someone and we will lock up Sutton)

Leave a comment:

• BroncoPower
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

No. No he couldn’t have been. That’s just not true.
    Von is going straight in the hall of fame. He has been every bit as important as Elway and a legend in his own right.
    Who is ‘more’ of a legend is completely subjective.

Leave a comment:

• Elway
    replied
    I love Von , love what he has brought to this team. We wouldn’t have made it to and won Super Bowl 50 without. When he wasn’t injured, he had that motor running.
    He has given what he could to this struggling team the last few years. My head knows this was the right move. We have so many issues on this team, having Von won’t change that.
    My heart wanted him to be a Bronco for life, hearing his interview today, we know he wanted that too. He is going to a better situation, more deserving of his talent. Also Von wasn’t asking to leave us, I think the fan base will always have an appreciation for what he did for us. Thanks Von, Hope you succeed with the Rams and that you’ll know what it is like to be I. The playoffs again. Miller Time Always

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

This.

Von could have been as much of a legend as Elway.
    No. No he couldn’t have been. That’s just not true.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    He's what I don't understand about the NFL. Subject to a contractual term to the contrary, a player under contract has no say in where or how they are traded.

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Tweeted: Rams and Broncos worked last week on the trade, and kept it quiet—with Denver GM George Paton telling Von Miller in person about it, and updating him on everything along the way. Vic Fangio, John Elway, and Joe Ellis also met with Miller in person. Von = Hugely important Bronco. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...970417155?s=20

So they kept Von informed but didn't give him a say.
    So what? It’s collectively bargained. If players had a problem with it, they could have addressed it in the CBA negotiations.

No trade clauses are rare in the NFL. Teams are stupid when they agree to them. I bet the Texans wish they could have that one back. They could have gotten rid of that guy before the accusations came out.

By many fans’ standards, the Broncos should be commended for keeping Von in the loop. It shows that they value his contributions to the organization over the years.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by LASERLIPS View Post
    The trade makes sense, I am happy that Von will have another shot at a ring. I understand the business of all this. But I also believe this is all the result of this organization's ineptitude. Had we been able to find a franchise QB, and had decent coaching, this move wouldn't be happening, and it's likely Von retires as a Bronco, IMO. Just sucks. I get it. Just sucks.
    This.

Von could have been as much of a legend as Elway.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    He's what I don't understand about the NFL. Subject to a contractual term to the contrary, a player under contract has no say in where or how they are traded.

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Tweeted: Rams and Broncos worked last week on the trade, and kept it quiet—with Denver GM George Paton telling Von Miller in person about it, and updating him on everything along the way. Vic Fangio, John Elway, and Joe Ellis also met with Miller in person. Von = Hugely important Bronco. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...970417155?s=20

So they kept Von informed but didn't give him a say.

Leave a comment:

• LASERLIPS
    replied
    The trade makes sense, I am happy that Von will have another shot at a ring. I understand the business of all this. But I also believe this is all the result of this organization's ineptitude. Had we been able to find a franchise QB, and had decent coaching, this move wouldn't be happening, and it's likely Von retires as a Bronco, IMO. Just sucks. I get it. Just sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    i for one am glad and excited. it should have been done 2 or 3 yrs ago as he was living off the mystique of the SB MVP and they needed to clear the decks and parting ways with von was something that needed to be done...

now clear out anyone else who will not be on the roster next year. I don't care what you get from them, get something for them rather than nothing.
    Agree. If Paton knows they’re not going to re-sign a player then get what they can.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosIsLife
    replied
    i for one am glad and excited. it should have been done 2 or 3 yrs ago as he was living off the mystique of the SB MVP and they needed to clear the decks and parting ways with von was something that needed to be done...

now clear out anyone else who will not be on the roster next year. I don't care what you get from them, get something for them rather than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Pretty good value IMO, and a win for everyone. Von has a chance to finish as a champion.

Best wishes to Von.

Here’s hoping this is the beginning of a new era in Denver. I hope we see more moves before the deadline.
    Agree. Lot of work left to build this team however I believe this was a step that had to be made to start a new era.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X