Von Miller Traded To Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosk View Post
    I don’t think we’re done selling either. I would like to see Paton go full rebuild.

Fant to Packers
    Fuller to Bucs
    Gordon to Titans
    Teddy two gloves and Patrick to the Saints
    ( I love Patrick but he will get big contract this off-season from someone and we will lock up Sutton)

sigpic

Comment

This is a sad day for Broncos Country. I'm sick.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

To the poster who complained that von didnt have a say...who says he didnt? They talked about it all along the process it seems. He goes to a super bowl contender and we got some decent back for someone who could be a rental and is currently injured. Seems like a win for both sides.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          To the poster who complained that von didnt have a say...who says he didnt? They talked about it all along the process it seems. He goes to a super bowl contender and we got some decent back for someone who could be a rental and is currently injured. Seems like a win for both sides.
          That was me. It was a general observation about how
          in the NFL in-contract players can simply be traded away regardless of whether they do want to go, unlike in many other sports where the player can decide to stay; or at least only go elsewhere if they agree with the trade.

I'm not saying that if Von were to be traded that he would have opposed a move to join Aaron Donald in Los Angeles, merely that he quite clearly wanted to stay, but couldn't do so.

I agree that on a team to team level it made sense and seems a fair deal.
          Last edited by GMTD; 11-01-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Maybe could use the picks we got in this trade to help try and get Deshawn Watson
            sigpic

Comment

There's signs we need change everywhere. Ex - Bronco Case Keenum beat us. Ex - Bronco Trevor Simien beat the Superbowl champs yesterday. I know pretty much what will happen if we play the Rams again. Help Mr. Shurmur pack. Then Mr. Drop Vonn in coverage. Help him pack as well.

Comment

wonder if titans would give a 5th-6th for gordon we need all the picks we can get lots of holes on this team

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                  He's what I don't understand about the NFL. Subject to a contractual term to the contrary, a player under contract has no say in where or how they are traded.

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) Tweeted: Rams and Broncos worked last week on the trade, and kept it quiet—with Denver GM George Paton telling Von Miller in person about it, and updating him on everything along the way. Vic Fangio, John Elway, and Joe Ellis also met with Miller in person. Von = Hugely important Bronco. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...970417155?s=20

So they kept Von informed but didn't give him a say.
                  Players can always negotiate a no trade clause in their contract. They have a say they just decide more money is better than a No Trade clause.
                  Let's Ride!

Comment

would have liked to have seen a 1st and 3rd. Rams got a deal. And Broncos .......... well they're not winning with Von anyway so
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                      would have liked to have seen a 1st and 3rd. Rams got a deal. And Broncos .......... well they're not winning with Von anyway so
                      We basically bought a 2nd and 3rd pick for 9 million.

I'd rather have the 2 and 3 than the 4 compensatory we worked have got when he walked next year
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So to say that I was shocked this afternoon after I got A Text Message saying Von Miller was Traded to The LA Rams was and or is an understatement. After the
                        Shock of the Trade has wore off I now see it as a True Win Win for Both the Team and Von Miller. #58 I will always wear with Pride just knowing that Von Miller Singly Won Super Bowl 50 for Denver for US. I know that now Von Miller is on the side now of a Demarcus Ware so hopefully he goes to LA to provide them a Spark that will propell them into the Super Bowl and Maybe Von can go get 1 more then come back to Denver to Retire !! Truth is Von Miller is a True Denver Broncos for Life much like we all are!! #58DB4L !!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Lets see...

2015, the year we went on to win The SB, in which Von Miller was the king of the castle:

16 games / 11.0 sacks / 35 total tackles

7 games / 4.5 sacks / 19 total tackles....

....based on 16 game projection

16 games / 10.3 sacks / 43.4 total tackles

Sure, not an apples to apples comparison, but lets not forget Von's more youthful age in '15, plus the folks he had surrounding him.
                          OUCH!!!

Those pesky FACTS can really destroy the laughable rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

OUCH!!!

Here's a another pesky truth
                            He doesn't play for the Broncos anymore.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              2nd and 3rd is still very good. It’s good picks in those rounds you can strengthen a roster.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

OUCH!!!

Projections aren’t facts.

Apparently Von only had half a sack during the four game losing streak.

I think it’s obvious that many have undervalued Von, but I think it’s also obvious that some overvalue Von.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X